It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained "Shadow figure" in mirror picture.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This picture was taken by my girlfriend in an old house that is now a b&b in Wilmington NC. We only noticed the "figure" in the picture six days later after uploading them. We both experienced some strange and frightening things the one night we slept there.

s259.photobucket.com...

Maybe you can help us explain this image. My girlfriend is scared that something has followed us home from the house. The image has not been tampered with. The first is the full size the next is zoomed in.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Are you sure thats not your reflection...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pegasi51

Why'd you take a photo of a mirror? Putting it on Ebay?

As to the "shadow"; I think it's a reflection. Just my tuppence.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Looks like a camera shy ghost .
Seriously , that could be anybody.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Looks like paradolia to me. Completely opaque(wouldn't expect a lighted reflection of a half shadow entity to be so), rough around the edges(shadow figures would presumably be smooth or faded edges), and it doesn't even look like one in the original photo(any curve like that could be interpreted as head and shoulders).

Explanation for the dark spot, I don't have one. But just because a shadow figure explains it, doesn't mean it proves a shadow figure.

If you want, take the same picture again(maybe a few times, try to mimic it exactly, and once without flash), along with others showing the layout of the room. That'll make it easier for others to determine the origin of the dark spot.

~
Just my input.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Do you have any photos of the opposite wall? Kinda hard for me to see it on my phone but I do see what your talking about and I think you might have something.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I can't see anything?

That half circle thing looks like part of an archway or something in that shape.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

If it's the girl with the pony tail facing the opposite wall then yeah...

Nice try OP.... NEXT!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
ignore the naysayers they're just cranky because of all the hoaxes this site sees.

I can see a face in the second pic, paradolia? Maybe... whether Its a hoax or not ill keep an open mind. Id like to hear your story about the night you stayed.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I see a girl with a ponytail looking in the opposite direction.

Is that what you are talking about?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Here is the story...
Me and my fiance took a trip to Wilmington NC. We arrived in the evening and went to a local coffee shop to use the internet to find a place to stay for one night since we had reserved a campsite for the following night. We found a local B&B just a few blocks away and called them to get some details. The owner was very nice and invited us up to take a look at the rooms. It was the last week of Sept. which is the start of the off season for the area as far as tourists go so he said he'd give us a discount for one night. The house was built in the late 1800's and is a two story fully restored victorian style home. He showed us the three rooms upstairs and we chose the largest of the three for it's king size bed and open, spacious feeling.
We brought our luggage in from the car and decided to go out for dinner and explore the downtown area. We ate some sushi and walked around a bit and headed back to the B&B all the while taking pictures of the area. We got back to the house shortly after sunset, took some pictures of the outside of the house and went in through the front door. My fiance had the camera at this point I headed upstairs to the room and she stayed downstairs and took the picture, among some other pics as well.
She came upstairs and into the room shortly after I had gotten into my sleep clothes and lay down on the bed and turned on the tv to check the weather channel. The room did not fell "creepy" at all, it was beatiful and well appointed with nice antique furniture and very clean. While i watched TV my fiance was laying on the bed with the laptop open probably checking her facebook status. She said she was feeling a little ill and moved the bathroom waste basket to the side of the bed just in case she was to hurl up some sushi.
She laid down to go to sleep so i turned off the TV and did the same. I dozed off for a moment then woke up looked over at my fiance who was facing away from me then closed my eyes again. A few minutes later I heard a whisper in my ear... one simple very distinct word " Voodoo". I opened my eyes wide expecting to see my fiance looking at me smiling like she was playing a joke on me and to my surprise she was still laying on her side facing away from me fast asleep! Now I was a little creeped out.I could not sleep and refusewd to close my eyes so I turned on the tv again and turned the volume way down. About a half hour later my fiance started mumbling a bit and moving around slightly like she was having a nightmare. While I watched her as she was laying on her back her arms started to raise up and she was now moaning and screaming quietly. I shook her to wake her up and she said she was dreaming that someone or something was trying to pull her out of the bed by her arms. I assured her everything was ok although I was scared at this point and refused to sleep. This happened two more times as the night progressed and I don't recall sleeping a wink that night.
The morning came and we both agreed we would not mention anything about the night to the owners at breakfast. We went downstairs at 7am ate a wonderful breakfast and discussed the history of Wilmington with the owners. We left for the beach shortly after and spent four more night at a nice campsite just outside of Wilmington with no incidents at all.
When we arrived home we uploaded all of our pictures from the trip the next day and to our surprise we caught the picture in question. We have not enhanced the picture in any way. What you see is exactly what we caught in the pic.
Thanks for listening.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

This drummer is possessed!

I took the time to peruse your photo album.
edit on 11-10-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Ha Ha... you're right he is!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Unfortunately I do not.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Looks like an image of the Black Spiderman. When I saw the pic of yours I immediatly thought I recognized the figure. The head looks rather odd shaped and it appears to have large eyes. Maybe just my imagination. The head is too large for some girl.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Peace to you.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I still can't see anything, although I can vaguely make out a face above the head of the photographer.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

seriously? The black "Shadow" looking figure to the left of the photographer?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pegasi51
seriously? The black "Shadow" looking figure to the left of the photographer?
Are you saying that's not you?

It looks like an ordinary photo of an ordinary person to me. The person is standing in front of the door frame facing the door. The photo shows the back of their head. You can see a little bit of the side of the face of what looks like probably a Caucasian, or somebody who is not dark skinned. It doesn't look like a shadow to me at all, it's a person, just not a very well lit person.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

you have hit the nail on the head as they say

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Wrong! The girl taking the picture with the flash burst in her face was the only one in the room.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join