It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German company announces first magnetic nanoparticle therapy for brain tumours!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I have posted a couple of times about these new cancer therapies based on gold nanoparticles in other threads, but yesterday this German company announced the first EU approved therapy using iron oxide nanoparticles + magnetic heating to treat cancer so I thought I'd pass the info on.

This treatment is now available to general patients in Germany, it has just been approved as a treatment by the German state insurance companies. The treatment is a brand new method of killing brain tumours without using major surgery.

This is the press release:
www.magforce.de...

This link opens a video on their site - this explains all nanoparticle therapies better than I ever could - check it out:
www.magforce.de...

I notice they are also in Phase II medical trials for prostate cancer treatments, and Phase I trials for pancreatic cancer (the cancer that just killed Steve Jobs).

A detailed scientific paper showing the efficacy of the trials for brain tumours: www.magforce.de...

Main site:
www.magforce.de...

I don't work for them or anything, I just think these treatments are exciting!

"The principle of the therapy is the use of nanoparticles containing ironoxide, which are injected into solid tumors in a procedure similar to a biopsy. The patient is then placed in a magnetic field applicator (Nano-ActivatorTM), a machine that produces an alternating magnetic field and is very safe for humans. Through this high frequency magnetic field, the nanoparticles begin to oscillate and warmth is produced from directly within the tumor tissue. Depending on the temperature reached and length of treatment, the tumor cells are either directly destroyed or sensitized for the accompanying chemotherapy or radiation."

edit on 11-10-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
If something like this did come around to be very effective, i hope it's used and not shushed.

2nd

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
thanks for this thread.
500 times smaller than a red blood cell. fantastic technology, i wonder how these particles are produced.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

There are lots of chemical ways to produce nanoparticles, you can also produce them via electrolysis (colloidal gold is nanoparticle gold). This is a neat video showing how you can create them with a laser:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-10-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
thanks for the links. must be a strong laser that is able to "cook" metal. in the first post video the speaker said, that the tumor cells either burst or destruct themselves. why should the tumor cells "eat up" themselfs ?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Cancer cells, like all other cells will start to die at around 42c - they are unable to maintain the mechanical and chemical processes that keep the cell structurally intact and working as a proper machine. Cancer cells need blood supplies and nutrients like every other cell - if that process stops the cell mass breaks down and the body treats it as waste. This is the same idea behind all cancer radiotherapy treatments. The difference here is that the heating is highly localised to the nanoparticles and is performed by a non-ionising source of heat - the heating is caused by magnetic induction. Magnetic induction is far safer than any ionising radiation source.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I remember seeing a tv show years ago where some guy made a machine in his house and cured his cancer this way.

Anyone remember that? If he was the first, I hope he made some money off this.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

John Kanzius? en.wikipedia.org... - after being diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma he used his experience as a radio engineer to build a RF device that would heat gold nanoparticles in the body- the same idea as above only using radio waves instead of magnetic induction. He died before he could cure himself

Neat thing about his story was that he discovered that his machine + nanoparticles could be used to extract hydrogen (and I assume oxygen?) at a very high rate directly from water, fast enough that you can burn the gas at a constant rate as it comes out the water. I don't know if they ever reached any kind of breakthrough in energy production though - that machine looked like it consumed a fair amount of energy.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Magforce seems to have updated their links into formats that wont work here, and since this post was only a few days I ago, I thought I'd update them. I put the video on youtube too:

This is the press release:

www.reuters.com...

This is a video from their site, now on youtube:

Main site:
www.magforce.de...
edit on 17-10-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join