It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human that will age to a 1000 years, already is alive!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Hi all,

I just read a pretty big claim our dutch university that the person that can live for a 1000 years is already alive.
I think this is a rather huge claim, seeing all the deseases and such we still have today.

NOTE: this link/article is translated with Google translate, so please bare in mind that there maybe some really odd and weird sentences in it

Leader

Incidentally, the Netherlands has ever done better in life. ''We waren ooit koploper, maar die positie zijn we kwijtgeraakt. ''We were once front-runner, but we lost that position. Dat komt vooral omdat we in Nederland veel te veel roken'', aldus Westendorp. This is mainly because we in the Netherlands too much smoke,''said Westendorp. Mensen in Japan hebben momenteel de hoogste levensverwachting. People in Japan currently have the highest life expectancy

Source

Source (via google translate)

Let me know what you guys think about these claims.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Required01 because: sorry for the crappy translation, Google sucks at it!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I don't know...if possible is this a good thing? Population wise no.

But the wisdom attained by living that long could be what the world needs, if TPTB...let be.
edit on 11-10-2011 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Honestly it was pretty funny to read. In English, it turns out to be pretty uninformative and confusing. Thats pretty much all I could add to that.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
yeah it's not so much that there might be 'some funny sentences' in it, more so that it's completely unintelligible.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluePillOrRedPill
Honestly it was pretty funny to read. In English, it turns out to be pretty uninformative and confusing. Thats pretty much all I could add to that.

Yes i know like i said, Google isn't really good at creating the right sentences. I don't have time right now to manually translate it. But this has popped up from time to time.

I just don't understand that all of a sudden people lived to a max of 120 years (rarely) now jump to 1000 years! Thats a big leap! I mean we still have unhealthy gasses breathing in, killing more and more wildlife and forests, etc. Not to mention the sun being way more active and creating holes in the ozone layer.

It think these are pretty wild claims, basicly without any backup of facts or how they come to this conclusion.

Just wanted to share it here, so you all who are interested are aware of such claims.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
gene mutation/developyment that proliferates telomerase

however, side effects include some abnormal cell growth, ie, cancer.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Here is a post to a English scientist Aubrey de Grey claiming the same thing, from the Cambridge University.

Cambridge University geneticist Aubrey de Grey has famously stated, “The first person to live to be 1,000 years old is certainly alive today …whether they realize it or not, barring accidents and suicide, most people now 40 years or younger can expect to live for centuries.”

Source

Hope this will help a bit for you guys/girls

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
YEY !!! I'm 33 yrs old...that means that i'm gonna play Call of Duty 1,073

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Yeah, just some eccentric prof trying to lure people to see his lectures and probably sell books.

They haven't tackled the aging of the brain properly so no this is SciFi

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

Nah too many wallhax man... and punkbuster in 1000 years will suck unbelievably. I mean, look at it now.. Holy buckets, biggest rort going lol.

Who the hell would want to live to 1000 anyway? God what a dreary hell and miserable thing to ponder...

Im so tired now as it is, ugh... that would be the worst torture possible, imo.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriendlyGopher
Yeah, just some eccentric prof trying to lure people to see his lectures and probably sell books.

They haven't tackled the aging of the brain properly so no this is SciFi

haha thats it, 99 years of semi reasonable mind functions, and 900 years of dementia.

I don't want to be a tree.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

Naah, I will say they'll end franchise around 300 ;].

But hey, what a discovery, time to start building those mega-starships since lifespan is no longer a problem ;].

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Waarom staan de Nederlandse zinnen nog in de tekst? Why are the dutch sentences still in the text?

Ghehe, sorry a bit of fun.

But i don't believe much of this study, namely cause of Fukushima, i don't think it will enhance their life standard in any way.. But there are exeptions, like that women from Indonesia that became like 150yrs or something, even though she smoked a full pack or 2 of sigarettes every day, and also smoked a couple of joints a day..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bauwser
Waarom staan de Nederlandse zinnen nog in de tekst? Why are the dutch sentences still in the text?

Ghehe, sorry a bit of fun.

But i don't believe much of this study, namely cause of Fukushima, i don't think it will enhance their life standard in any way.. But there are exeptions, like that women from Indonesia that became like 150yrs or something, even though she smoked a full pack or 2 of sigarettes every day, and also smoked a couple of joints a day..

because of google translate. copy/paste a piece of text translated on a site with google translate and you will see what i mean.

Well we are 'tought' radiation is bad for us. In high doses i believe it is, yet it is used to 'cure us.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This has been posted about lots of times it was Dr Aubrey de grey that first said that the first human to live for 1000 years is alive today.

Wiki

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
This has been posted about lots of times it was Dr Aubrey de grey that first said that the first human to live for 1000 years is alive today.

Wiki

lol whats up with his style

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
1000 years would be good, imagine how long people would stay single before settling down?
How much more time and effort would go into R&D, a lot. And yes one could argue that if time isn't an issue it would take long for things to be finished, but if people are well rested and less stressed they can be more efficient.

Not to mention how the human condition would change, we wouldn't think the way we do now, because we no longer have the fear of a short life. I'm just saying, it's not as bad as most think.

I'm all about longer life, but like all things, it's worse before it gets better.

Cool post, I haven't thought about longer life spans in a while.

new topics

top topics

join