It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Issa to Holder: ‘Whether you realize yet or not, you own Fast and Furious’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

By Matthew Boyle

House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa fired back at Attorney General Eric Holder on Monday, saying he’s responsible for what transpired during Operation Fast and Furious.

“Operation Fast and Furious was the [Justice] Department’s most significant gun trafficking case,” Issa wrote to Holder in a letter. “It related to two of your major initiatives — destroying the Mexican cartels and reducing gun violence on both sides of the border. On your watch, it went spectacularly wrong. Whether you realize yet or not, you own Fast and Furious. It is your responsibility.”

Issa’s letter was a response to Holder’s late Friday news dump letter, in which he accuses congressional investigators of political posturing and maintained that his May 3 testimony before the House Judiciary Committee was “truthful and accurate.”

The House Oversight Committee Rep.Darrell Issa takes Holder and the Justice Department to task.It does seem that the Fast and Furious scandal is getting bigger.I think we may see this hit Watergate like levels.Let's see one turns on who.

Issa vs.Holder
edit on 10/14/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit EXE tags--

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

It will be interesting to see what happens on this. I mean they sound serious, but it is just too easy for them to let this sort of stuff slip quietly down the memory hole.

Also, I wonder why Congress is looking like it is starting to do it's job again? And I don't mean that in a partisan way at all. I do wonder if an upcoming Presidential election has got everyone a little jumpy this time. The natives do seem a little more restless this time around the Selection process. I'll tell ya what though, it is worth nothing if we don't start looking at the election machines and absentee voter irregularities.

Two guys that have been working on just that.

Über-Vultures: The Billionaires Who Would Pick Our President

www.robertfkennedyjr.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Reaching Watergate levels? Sir, this far excedes anything Nixon tried to cover up. RMN was guilty of trying to protect those who planned and committed the burglary. He did not sanction or plan in it. He tried to cover it up after he found out about it, if I have learned my history correctly.

In this situation, the AG Holder, is the head of a US government agency who has allowed weapons to "walk" across the border, illegally, into the hands of drug cartels resulting in the deaths of two US law enforcement officers. How many others will die by the estimated 2000 weapons now in the hands of criminals who could give two #s about the feel good gun laws of either nation?

No....this goes WELL beyond any crime Nixon ever dreamed of committing. And, it was all done in an on going effort to restrict more of your 2nd ammendmant rights.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

Eric Holder is guilty.

This happened on his watch. He has blood on his hands.

I think he will stonewall the investigation until after the election.

new topics

top topics

join