It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slovakia Split Over Eurozone Bailout Fund

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by exponencial

SDKU should join with SaS and that's when Slovakia would be going somewhere and get Nase Slovensko involved as well and we are in business

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Since you all seem to have a very good grasp of internal Slovakian politics, can I ask you if there is any chance this bill doesn't eventually pass in Slovakia?

From what I'm reading, it seems like this was just a powerplay to topple the existing government, and the majority of the parties involved will push this through.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

i think you've hit the nail on that one.
this is from the BBC -

As one by one the rest of the eurozone ratified the proposals and the debt crisis deepened, most of the coalition came around. Except Richard Sulik, leader of the neo-liberal Freedom and Solidarity party, and his 21 MPs. Some placed their hopes in Robert Fico, former prime minister and leader of the leftist opposition. But Mr Fico sensed an opportunity to wound and perhaps bring down the government, hastening early elections he is likely to win. What will happen next? A second vote will probably be held within days. With Mr Ficos's support that vote is likely to succeed.

Slovakia votes down eurozone bailout expansion plans

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It's weird to me how no country in Europe seems to have a strongly supported party that fights for national sovereignty. Is that just a cultural thing or is it that nationalist parties are all typecast as fascists?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Naionalist parties are on the rise.
We still have both fascism and communism within living memory and there are various ethnic groups and immigrant populations who fail to fit in with the majority to such an extent that flare ups are possible in the near future (search for the Bulgaria gypsy thread as an example).
I remember reading a military report about 20 years ago which predicted the rise of Europe and then its fragmentation into regions (much smaller areas than countries) based on language and ethnicity - and then all hell breaks loose like it did in Kosovo. I think that's the underlying fear.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassandranova
Since you all seem to have a very good grasp of internal Slovakian politics, can I ask you if there is any chance this bill doesn't eventually pass in Slovakia?

From what I'm reading, it seems like this was just a powerplay to topple the existing government, and the majority of the parties involved will push this through.

It will pass in the next vote. SMER has 62 seats, but they are opposition, and wanted to bring the current government down. He says, if a new gov. is setup, they will vote for it.

Nasty tactics from the Communist type party

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ahh, how very European, have a vote, if the answer is NO, vote again, repeat until your favoured decision is met.

Why can Greece cannot be cut free? I don't know, whoever you speak to in Greece wants rid of the Euro, which most people feel they never asked for in the first place. At what point did they think linking productive and prosperous nations such as Germany with three legged dog economies such as Greece, Ireland and Portugal?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
4:20 - even Ron Paul disagree with bailout.

Starting to hate EU.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Shammael because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I want to Thank All of you posting in this thread. It has been refreshing to see honest, and personal reporting of the situation. Much more informative than any main stream media source. My eyes have been opened to the real workings of Slovakia. I'm grateful to my fellow Slovakian ATSers for this experience. I wish you all, the best for your futures.

Des

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

oh they will pass it through they just wanted Radicova to resign cause our politicians are freaks

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkOutlook

oh they would have favoured it in the first vote they just needed the government to collapse so that Smer can get into power easy

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shammael

Yeah I know how you feel lol I'm just glad we got into EU so I could leave Slovakia

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join