It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slovakia Split Over Eurozone Bailout Fund

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

can I just say that they do not live in poverty what so ever. These "gypsies" in Slovakia mostly known as Roms get more benefits and more luxuries than people who pay taxes and work. 3 years ago the Government decided to pay the Rom children a euro per week to go to school we never got a cent (or back then a halier). I lived next to a Rom ghetto such as Vincurna and went to school with then they are not "poor" as everyone portrays them.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cayla19

Greece is in its position becuase of a similar electoral pratcie to which Fico used - basically promising the unemployed and pensioners lots more money if they voted him in. Unfortunately, there isn't enough money to pay such costs so it has to be borrowed. In January it was declared that Socialna Poistovna has no money left.

It's a vicious circle - the section of society which contributes nothing and takes everything elects the government who must then pay those people from high taxes taken from the few working citizens. I know this will get flamed but the only logical solution is to ensure that only those who contribute to the state get a say in how the state is run - those who live from the charity of the state should be grateful for whatever hand out they recieve.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cayla19

What they don't get is that Slovakia will soon need to be bailed out too

Nope, I dont think we would need bailouts. Our debt/GDP ratio is still good, compared to other EU members, and if Smer wont come back to power, it will likely stay that way (of course Radicova is doing much to enable his return to power currently..
).

edit on 11/10/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I completely agree there's too many people who don't pay taxes or anything and still get to vote and unfortunately there are millions of these people and yes I am referring to the roms.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cayla19

Not strictly true. The gypsies have money (ours) but they do live in a state we whites would term poverty. They spend their benefit money on alcohol and cigarettes.
Do you remember the chaos about 5 years ago when the government started paying them their benefits once per month instead of once every 2 weeks? They spent their money in the first few days and then just walked into shops, grabbed handfuls of meat and walked out because they claimed they were being starved

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cayla19

Are you from the west or east of slovakia?
It sounds as though you're from the west.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Yeah the statistics what about the bonuses the judges get the politicians the money that was lost. Just take for example the new hockey stadium that was meant to be built. Supler used the money to build a hotel next to the old stadium so he'd get the money from the hotel and the rest of the money was lost. The statistics are artificial and not real they count a lot of the things among all the people who have permanent address still in Slovakia however many of us still have our permanent address in Slovakia due to Fico's cancellation of dual citizenship. The corruption is just incredible in Slovakia and that's what is gonna force the country to the need of a bail out.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Im from the East Spisska Nova Ves

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Yeah but they get free housing for nothing. They spend all their money the first day they get benefits and then they cry for help.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

If Smer gets into power Slovakia will be screwed.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cayla19

Ah! So you live quite close to Vicurna. That area is like Calcutta
But you're used to city gyspies (nice zoo you've got BTW). Village gyspies are different. I live in the north east and there's a huge difference between the cigani (Roma just sounds silly) here and, say, in Michalovce or Kosice where they have money and their own mafia. Here they have money but they're poor, inbred (father with daughter, brother with sister), extremely uneducated and addicted to slot machines. But there are a few decent families, poor but with good morals, who i know i could rely on if i needed them.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I lived half an hour away from Kosice yeah I went to school with the kind of Cigans you're talking about so yeah. Could'n go out after 10pm as it wasn't safe and all so yeah I had my share of conflicts with them.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cayla19

Don't talk to me about free housing! We currently have a huge problem with them getting these new container flats.
You never see a homeless gypsy. The people here are extremely angry because we've been paying for them to live in an internat for the last few years and they complained that they weren't getting enough meat. And then we built them new housing - can you imagine a white having a flat block built for them?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cayla19

I couldn't believe how many gypsies were driving English cars (BMWs, Passats, Superbs) with no insurance or road tax. Ever been to Michalovce? The gypsies dominate the pedestrian zone and are very loud and aggressive. Many people told me they were frightened to go out at night.
It's very different where i live - they still drive Felicias, Favorits and Ladas

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cayla19

Yes, the corruption is bad, but I doubt it will be so bad for us to need a bailout in the immidiate future. Especially not so bad that we need to buy "insurance" for 6 bn euros.

richardsulik.blog.sme.sk...

Besides, if Slovakia ever gets into Greece situation, wouldnt default (and eventual return to our own currency) be better than prolonging the problem with more debt? Majority of Greeks also do not want the bailout, its just EU politicians pushing for it.

Bailout only buys time, nothing else. After a year we will again be in this situation. Greece needs to default, leave the Eurozone and return to Drachma. The sooner the better.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
As for gypsies, if this government gets the chance and wont do anything about them just like the others before, I would probably vote Nase Slovensko. The politicians need to wake up and realise that if they continue to ignore the problem, NS will be our only option (besides civil war). If I have to choose between fascism and gypsies overrunning us, I prefer fascism.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

They should support it because every other country in the eurozone rightly or wrongly has. Seems to me Slovakia or some of its politicians are after 15 minutes of fame .... pathetic.

It does illustrate the appalling decision making process in the EU. This proposal was drawn up 4 months ago and the eurozone needs a swift resolution but it takes some countries 3 or 4 months to make a decision as important as this. No wonder its such a mess.

As it turns out this vote maybe irrelevant anyway because the EFSF needs to be enlarged to 2 trillion euro not 440 billion being voted on and this is likely to be proposed at the next G20 summit.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ispyed

Yes, we should throw away personal opinion and follow the flock!
Oh, wait, communsim has finished...
I for one think Greece should sort out its own problems. Life is hard enough at the moment trying to survive without piling on more debt which will be gleaned from higher taxes.

There are 5 MPs left to speak and then there will be the vote. Regardless of the outcome it looks as though the Slovak government will collapse.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yeah it was the same where I lived they get everything they want and still want more and the government is scared of them so it just gives them what they want and the whites are dumb cause if they united and protested they could get a change. But the slovakians have gained this mentality where they just don't care anymore I get that we have been through several bad government and there has been no good change for a while but they gotta fight back they can't just wait around and see what happens and then just complain.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
10pm GMT+1 will be the vote.
The Euro is currently losing value....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join