It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brad Pitt's "World War Z" set raided by SWAT team

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Thrilled about the possibility of this film ever seeing the "light of day" as it were, but why would you need this many fully functional weapons in an eastern block country ahahaha a slight oversight on somebodies part, or is Brad Pitt 00negative in disguise?

According to the magazine, officials seized 85 fully-functional weapons, the majority of which were automatic, military-style assault rifles.

it may very well be the last movie released

Before filming in Budapest, "World War Z" was shooting in Glasgow, Scotland. The movie is scheduled to hit theaters in December 2012.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
Thrilled about the possibility of this film ever seeing the "light of day" as it were, but why would you need this many fully functional weapons

In many places in the world I suspect that it is cheaper to get real weapons than to source "fake" weapons from a prop making company.
The article says the film is already overbudget, so maybe somebody was just cutting corners.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

lets hope this movie doesnt come out
how many more crappy hollywood films do we need

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I love that book! It's totally how the world would be if zombie-ness happened.

Maybe they had all of the weapons in case of actual zombiepocalypse.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

Originally posted by ShortMemory

Your a jerk. Im a big fan of the book so i'm looking forward to this film.

Why don't you just vanish you cynical opinionated grub

hahahahahaha someones sensitive
i dont know what the books like but no doubt hollywood would ruin it, thats not being cynical thats just stating the facts

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

Your a jerk. Im a big fan of the book so i'm looking forward to this film.

Why don't you just vanish you cynical opinionated grub

hahahahahaha someones sensitive
i dont know what the books like but no doubt hollywood would ruin it, thats not being cynical thats just stating the facts

A delicate desert flower indeed, I for one think Max Brooks is friggin hilarious, and enjoyed the read, I wouldn't get all miffed if it never made the screen, I mean, it IS most likely going to fall short of the printed word... come on, lets be real here

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I didn't know there were making a War world Z movie. That was one my favorite books very insightful. Anywho hope this doesn't get it delayed. Also were those weapons de-commised or was Brad pit conspiring to take down Scotland?
edit on 10/11/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
He would have completed that part of the mission and Glasgow would be opening disneyland with real haggis and caber tossing right now... It was Budapest, not that long of an article really
No the weapons were fully functioning ready to rock military grade weapons...which by the way, according to Max Brooks have no use but last ditch defense, as loud sounds bring more zombies

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Book is great, and yes, the movie will probably be worse than the book. But its great to have another big budget zombie flick coming out. They are few and far between (not that big budget means better, but its always nice to have some production value)

Anyone seen "The Dead"? if not you should watch - its very cool little independent flick shot in africa. Must for any zombie fan. Amazing scenery, beautifully shot and pretty good story (for a zombie movie).

Also Walking dead season two is coming at the end of the week... can't wait.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
Walking dead season two is coming at the end of the week... can't wait.

Hell yeah! That series is just a good watch.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The film is nothing like the book, it is an action movie in all senses. They just bought the rights for the name.

www.movies.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EBE01
The film is nothing like the book, it is an action movie in all senses. They just bought the rights for the name.

www.movies.com...

haha perfect
fits in nicely with hollywoods hate and fear code of ethics

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Sounds like you got that condition been going around. Its more common than ADD at this point.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

pfft get over yourself!
im just following what ive seen in the past and that is hollywood ruins almost every thing they touch

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
No Mcupobob has it spot on. It starts with becoming a cynical a##hole and then pretty soon you are hating hollywood and then you start watching Fox news and Sean Hannity and then the inevitable. You join the tea party,

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
No Mcupobob has it spot on. It starts with becoming a cynical a##hole and then pretty soon you are hating hollywood and then you start watching Fox news and Sean Hannity and then the inevitable. You join the tea party,

haha your an idiot
id rather be a cynical ahole then a ignorant one

edit on 11-10-2011 by ShortMemory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I believe we are cynical here, and I have made it a lifes path to be an Ahole lol! It should be on my business card.
Honestly to be here you have to be a bit of a cynic, and trying to tell each other who is more cynical.... well that is like trying to figure out who spit on the cookie in a dark room

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Love Brad Pitt and will look forward to this movie very much, sounds great. Now you say there is a book I could pre-read? Sweet!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Love Brad Pitt and will look forward to this movie very much, sounds great. Now you say there is a book I could pre-read? Sweet!!!

I weep for the printed word....sigh....

Author(s) Max Brooks Country
United States Language English
Genre(s) Horror, post-apocalyptic fiction
Publisher Crown
Publication date September 12, 2006
Media type Print (hardcover and paperback), e-book, audiobook
Pages 352
pp ISBN 0307346609
OCLC Number 65340967
Dewey Decimal 813/.6 22
LC Classification PS3602.R6445 W67 2006
Preceded by The Zombie Survival Guide

Look look another of them book things preceded it

Please please I cannot stress the importance of reading.
Literacy keeps you from opening doors the wrong way....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join