It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU slams Syria's al-Assad, slaps sanctions on Iran, EU Should Mind Its Own Business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Source

(CNN) -- Syria's President Bashar al-Assad "must step aside," European Union foreign ministers said in a blistering statement Monday, adding the Syrian government's crackdown on anti-government protesters may amount to crimes against humanity.

The EU also expanded sanctions on Iran and Belarus to protest their crackdowns on their citizens, it announced.

And they welcomed the creation of the umbrella opposition Syrian National Council, a day after Syria's foreign minister warned other nations against recognizing it.

And get this line

Libya and Yemen are also on the agenda

Thats right Libya and Yemen are on the agenda deciding there future for them typical as always
and also proves that the The European Union is a puppet state to America.

This why i further believe that the revolutions taken and is taking place in Yemen,Syria,Iran are all manufactured revolutions created by the west to further spread the European Union and the western sphere of influence into the mideast stoping russias supplyzone.

But i do wonder whatever happened to the bahrain revolution? personally thats the only revolution i see as the real one in the region, the bahrain king allowed the creation of an american in the country, what you make of this?
edit on 11-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I think you can say for someone (EU) to mind their own business when it comes to invading a country, or directly manipulating from the inside, of which i'm not saying this is not happening in any form. But sanctions such as political or trade sanctions are of the right of the country imposing them and therefor not crossing the line of which would call for "minding your own business". Trade sanctions for example, it's not meddling if you just stop trading with countries you don't like the actions of. It's just keeping out. The line is blurred when you use political influence to get other countries to also sanction when they otherwise wouldn't have....

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre

it's not meddling if you just stop trading with countries you don't like the actions of. It's just keeping out.

Oh its not meddling? i guess CIA Had no role or anything do with the Serbian revolution of 2000 right? well knowing they did play a role on starting it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Okandetre

it's not meddling if you just stop trading with countries you don't like the actions of. It's just keeping out.

Oh its not meddling? i guess CIA Had no role or anything do with the Serbian revolution of 2000 right? well knowing they did play a role on starting it.

Once again you have missed the point. The CIA (actually any country with a spy program) performing operations in a country that affects that country would fall into the category of interfering.

A country stating they dont agree with the actions of a foreign government resulting in that country refusing to do any business (trade) is not meddeling in the least.

Iran refuses to do any type of business with Israel - based on your understanding of the word meddeling, Iran is interfering with Israel and should mind its own business?

A country can choose who they do business with and who they dont.

Also is there any chance you could make an argument without resorting ot the typical I hate America rant? The topic is about the EU, not the US.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
And with Bahrain it's business as usual?
Just watch how CNN reports casualties in Bahrain using the passive voice, as though they died through freak natural causes. Unlike evil Yemen, that is.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I find it hypocritical of Countries in the EU to slap sanctions on other countries, while their own Citizens Civil and human rights are being eroded. Look at Greece, Look at the UK. Look at France. They have eroded a lot. Yet they have a cheek to slap sanctions on others countries, makes me laugh.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Funny, I don't remember tanks, gunships or fighter jets bombing protestors in Greece, UK or France.

Or this: (graphic)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

They might not have used Bombs or Fighters Jets in the European Countries, but those European countries used Bombs and Fighter Jets in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Pakistan, Innocent people were killed there unless all of that was fake! So don't tell me anything I already know it is double standards.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The hypocrisy not only of the EU, but also posters on this thread, is unfortunately expected. Look at how the people of the EU have been shafted by the corruption of the greedy elite, then the poor are made to repay the loans in order to bail people out. Just because people are not murdered en mass, the EU think they have the moral high ground. Yet the fact is suicides are up, poverty is up, and lives are completely ruined. The effects are the same.

And at least in the ME countries people still stand up for themselves when they know the consequences are dire. Unlike in the UK where people take advantage and go on a looting spree rather than fighting for justice.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Do not tar everyone in the UK with the same brush thank you very much. We have been fighting Against those in Authority for years. Nothing had changed. And not all of us go looting.

edit on 11-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
And with Bahrain it's business as usual?
Just watch how CNN reports casualties in Bahrain using the passive voice, as though they died through freak natural causes. Unlike evil Yemen, that is.

Once again I notice that the US is specifically targeted, while the military units that Saudi Arabia sent in are ignored.

ironic.....

new topics

top topics

join