It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Image Released by Alma Telescope of Antennae Galaxies Whats next.. our bedrooms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Or was it Bedrooms first and Galaxies next? Her is the info on the galaxie, Coming soon the info on your bedroom. lol Just Babbling

The Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) radio telescope array in Chile captured this shot of a combined view of the Antennae Galaxies , which are about 75 million light-years from Earth. The image reveals a view of the Universe that cannot be seen at all by visible-light and infrared telescopes.

Credit: ALMA (ESO/NAOJ/NRAO)

The Antennae Galaxies glow with psychedelic colors in the first publicly released picture that uses data from the Atacama Large Millimetre/sub-millimetre Array, or ALMA, a new telescope high in Chile's northern desert.

Similar in design to radio telescope arrays, the internationally funded ALMA is being hailed as the most complex ground-based observatory yet built. When construction is complete in 2013, the array will feature 66 antennas spread across 9.9 miles (16 kilometers) that will be linked with fiber optics to function as a single telescope.

"We've been waiting a very long time to get to the point where ALMA is really able to do science. Some people have been working on this project for more than 20 years," project scientist Richard Hills told the AFP news service.

"So it has been a long road, but all the bits and pieces that we need to make this telescope work now [are coming] together."
i.space.com...

If they can see this, then you know, they can turn the Hubble toward earth, and look right in to your bedroom.
Talk about big brother, sounds like main stream science is reaching into the western modern worlds bedrooms let alone looking 70 million light-years away in the constellation Corvus (the Crow). I thought this was interesting on the 1st image released but as I sat here it made me think..Keep looking up..because there looking down right in to your bedroom.... These are times of many troubles, and human kind is not listening to the scientific community. What if?
Info and cool pic for those of you that did not know... Peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by awcgs

amazing picture.
calculating the miles broke my phone calculator ;P ahah

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by awcgs
The Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) radio telescope array in Chile...

We did this one last week...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

If they can see this, then you know, they can turn the Hubble toward earth, and look right in to your bedroom.

I dont think they would use Hubble for that. Granted they have the capability but from different satellites. What would be the point thought just a bunch of over head shots not very useful for spying inside peoples houses?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Or was it Bedrooms first and Galaxies next? Her is the info on the galaxie, Coming soon the info on your bedroom. lol Just Babbling

Talk about big brother, sounds like main stream science is reaching into the western modern worlds bedrooms let alone looking 70 million light-years away in the constellation Corvus (the Crow). I thought this was interesting on the 1st image released but as I sat here it made me think..Keep looking up..because there looking down right in to your bedroom.... These are times of many troubles, and human kind is not listening to the scientific community. What if?

Um, wow !

It appears someone has absolutely no idea how a telescope works.

Apart from the fact this is old news, I cant believe someone thinks a deep space telescope could focus on anything here on earth, thats just, well I'd break T&C if I said that, wow.
edit on 11/10/2011 by SNAFU38 because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Beautiful picture and thank you for posting as I somehow missed last weeks post on the subject. I see what you are saying even though others are doing their best to misunderstand you. If they have the technology to view something 70million light years away, how hard is it for them to put something above Earth to view through brick and mortar. Both thoughts are interesting!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by prettylittleidiot
Beautiful picture and thank you for posting as I somehow missed last weeks post on the subject. I see what you are saying even though others are doing their best to misunderstand you. If they have the technology to view something 70million light years away, how hard is it for them to put something above Earth to view through brick and mortar. Both thoughts are interesting!

There's no question that there are satellites up there that can & do watch people on earth. Looking into bedrooms, I'd say impossible without a glass ceiling.

Lets use my telescope as an example, it gives reasonable views of the moon & its craters, but if I were to aim it at my topless neighbour 100 metres away, I see almost nothing. Try standing in front of a painting, nice hey, now hold a piece of paper in front of your eye & look at the painting through a pin prick in that paper. You see almost nothing.

This is why the Hubble Ultra Deep image is so impressive, thats a pin prick of whats out there.

Apart from the fact the photo in question was taken from earth (Chile), even if it was in orbit, aiming it at anything on earth would prove useless, the zoom would be impossible to make anything out.
edit on 11/10/2011 by SNAFU38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SNAFU38

Um, wow !

It appears someone has absolutely no idea how a telescope works.

Apart from the fact this is old news, I cant believe someone thinks a deep space telescope could focus on anything here on earth, thats just, well I'd break T&C if I said that, wow.
edit on 11/10/2011 by SNAFU38 because: Spelling

I don`t know much about telescopes so i am that someone, I was just using the Hubble as a source. My bad.. I`m learning things everyday..ask a question or state a comment there`s always someone that can tell you what you need to know. makes us a little smarter in the end . That`s why I like ATS .Most people don`t know everything and try to inform of things that they feel may help other people . sometimes there wrong and I was wrong ..My Bad. and as for old news, sorry It was new news for me. Peace
edit on 10/12/11 by awcgs because: spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is why radio astronomy is absolutely amazing.

I could bombard the thread with nerdy stuff about the way radio telescopes work and all but the colours are distracting and pretty. So I will just say thanks for the link.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The galaxy kind of looks like a flaccid .....
Nevermind

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Using the Hubble as a spy satellite might actually be quite feasible, but also irrelevant. Here's why:

The Hubble space telescope is heavily based on the KH-11 series of spy satellites. Details are obviously classified, but the Hubble mirror was built using techniques developed for the KH-11 satellites, the mirror is of very similiar size and the physical size and shape of the vehicles are similiar too.

So, using the Hubble to spy on people might not actually be impossible, but why would they do that? They already have four KH-11 spy satellites with very comparable capabilities pointing at the Earth at this very moment...

more info:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MacAnkka

Yes this is true and I used the Hubble as an example there of. But The post was about the pic that it got,and of coarse I had to add my 2 cents on them using it for something to spy on us.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Ongoing thread

Closed

top topics

join