It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Continue To be Butchered in Egypt

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by Expat888

You have an interesting take on the plight of non-muslim Egyptians in the face of violent Islamic Jihad. The Copts, even beyond representing the very earliest Christian heritage also harken back to Egypt's pharaonic past, plumbing the deepest recesses of human history.

As Hellenism and the influence of Greece waned, even as the Pharaoh's influence slipped away, the forms, rituals, history and light has been carried into the present by the non-muslims of Egypt; the Coptic Christians represent an unbroken chain to man's earliest past. And for the last several centuries the bearers of Western thought have withstood being erased from history by the expansive monoculture espoused by adherents of the Mohammedan faith.

you dont think its weird that coptic christains are older than jesus!

i do.....they are linked to the helipolitan ra cult...sun worshippers

coptic is greek language written in arabic script......they are more shadowy than the vatican

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

So basically your denying radical muslims took to the street and burnt down the church in Aswan. Who did it the tooth fairy ?

You then go on to blame the christians for being 'loud and too in your face. aparently it's not persecution if there destroying your churches. what is it then ?

hmm thought you said this isnt happening www.persecution.org...

The government enforces Hamayouni Decree restrictions on building or repairing churches. These same restrictions, , do not apply to mosques. wonder why en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-10-2011 by Thetawave because: typo

edit on 15-10-2011 by Thetawave because: ..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Originally posted by Vortiki
Awesome. Maybe all the religious nut jobs of the world will kill each other off and leave the people with any shred of intelligence left to inherit the Earth.

But how many peaceful moderate religious people or even atheists will be caught up in this or other such conflicts? If you believe its just extremists killing each other, you are severely mistaken.

I believe all religious are extremists. To believe a fairytale to the point of death is extreme.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thetawave

dude....this sect of the egyptian community is claiming all sorts....claiming they are victimised.

why cuild a church without permission, in an islamic area...with an extensive dome, (which was refused to mosques)

IF your claiming persecution in egypt...or if you want representation for a minority then NUBIANS should be addressed first...they should get the concessions and security...

honestly it is a joke...they seem like a bunch of troublemakers at the moment

peace

edit on 18-10-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I think when Churches are burnt down then they are being victimised dont you ? and it's not like this is the first a church has been atatcked by mobs of islamic radicals in egypt

Why build a church in an islamic area ? wow imagine if i had said why build a Mosque in a Chrisitan area imagine the outcry of Racism, this is there country they have every right to, just like muslims in the uk have a right to build mosques.

The church did have permission they just built the dome like 4 metres higher ( shock horror) then they said it would be, i could give many examples of Mosques doing this in the uk but they dont get burnt down

This thread is about persecution of chrisitans in egypt but if you want to discuss other people being persecuted then thats what another thread would be great for.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Thetawave

yea cool...but honestly there is no persecution, its been exaggerated.

the church was brought down by the community, who happened to be muslim.

anyway, theyr gonna claim persecution, theyll get their church in aswan. i dont mind these things but they deny access to their sites to everyone, bar coptics. and their sites are increasing. even if your catholic, protestant orthodox etc, you cant go into their sites.

be part of the community and the community will respond.

peace

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join