It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Unhappy People Become Liberals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
But technically being rich and being ok with the fact that its earned off others backs and believing you are better in some way because of money makes you a jackelope.

KING OMECRON PERSEI 8- 2012

How does one explain the very rich liberals?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
But technically being rich and being ok with the fact that its earned off others backs and believing you are better in some way because of money makes you a jackelope.

KING OMECRON PERSEI 8- 2012

How does one explain the very rich liberals?

Very good question...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

If you are not a liberal by the time you are 20 you have no heart. If you are not a conservative by the time you are 30 you have no brains.

The main problem with liberals is they are fake. Do as I say not as I do. They want to save the world and cant keep there own lives together. The saddest part for them is they live in such fantasy worlds they cant see it. They kinda of remind me of the cat lady she thinks she is doing a good thing saving 100 cats.

edit on 11-10-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

And then there are conservatives who attempt desperately to clutch at any half-baked theory to justify their own beliefs. It can, after all, be hard for the human mind to reconcile its inborn ethics with a philosophy that demands the abuse and degradation of other human beings for your own benefit (especially if, as is the case for most conservatives, that benefit is completely imaginary). The kind of psychological damage it must take to assert that a woman who has a child out of wedlock deserves to starve, and her bastard child with her, is truly astounding.

Zo. Tell me aboot yoor muzzer, Meesoor. Vould yoo like a couch to lie upon?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I was going to argue your point that unhappy people are liberals, but the title states that unhappy people become liberals. Which is the case for me...I was conservative, not extremely, but I wasn't "liberal". Then I became happy and saw misery all around me, so I became progressive.

The happier I am, the more progressive (liberal) I become. It's my recognition that while I have problems, many people have much worse problems that aren't always, if ever, brought upon themselves.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
There are two major forces:

1. Those who want to change things

2. Those who want to keep things as they are

The first group tend to be leftists. The far-left seeks radical revolution (Che Guevara), while the center-left merely seeks to improve stuff (Steve Jobs). The rightist wants to conserve what-is. Why? Because he sees what-is and is happy with what-is. The leftist sees what-is and is unhappy with it.

This political duality reflects the inner conflict of each and every human being: "Should I accept and be happy with things as they are or should I strive to change things?". The truth is that both is needed. Wisdom is, knowing that it is good to improve what is lacking and that it is good to conserve what has worked.

edit on 11-10-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Wealth doesn't automatically make you a happy and content person. Sure, you may be able to afford all those material things and get off knowing you are the envy of those around you but it's all a ruse.

The only thing that can bring you true 'quality' happiness and contentment is love. You can't buy that.

Wealth and power is the cause of most of the evil done in this World that benefits the few but affects the many.

You can have your wealth and power, just leave me out of it.

If you are unfortunate enough to accumulate a lot of wealth, greed and selfishness takes over. My precious, it's alll mine!!

edit on 11-10-2011 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234The happier I am, the more progressive (liberal) I become. It's my recognition that while I have problems, many people have much worse problems that aren't always, if ever, brought upon themselves.

I agree.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Grumble because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Here's a question: Why do unhappy people think that chosing a political party will make them happy? Is it not the same medium which made them unhappy to begin with, seperated by only degrees?

Thats like drinking your whole life, figuring out that it was the alcohol that made you unhappy and then taking Zanex (or w.e prescription) to "fix" the problem. Nope sorry people that is just not how humans are hardwired. A quick fix of the same nature piles only a different heap of s*** on your existing problem.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I know many that are poor and suffering that are conservatives. I have also met rich, happy liberals. I have also known intelligent and ignorant on both sides of the social spectrum.

The argument in the original post could be used for anyone in any particular demographic or group with the tweaking of a few items. Unhappiness is a human condition that many times results from mental or physical suffering that can originate internally or externally. It permeates all levels of our society and can easily be solved, but in doing so, humanity would have to transcend selfishness and learn to truly, compassionately, emphatically love one another. To eliminate scarcity of resources, to phase out material personal wealth, and to pursue a path to a world of automated overproduction that leads to true freedom from the chains of materialistic slavery.

The truth of the matter is that the Utopia that is constantly made fun of and attacked is possible with the technology of a decade ago. But the primal greed deep within the very soul of man is too strong, and will not allow a world free of pain, suffering, inequality, and intolerance. Instead, trading a world of prosperity, creativity, and love for one of personal wealth at the expense and suffering of a great multitude of others.

Sadly, the cost of the current path of our greed will ultimately lead to self destruction, as the excesses continue up until the final breath is exhaled from the last human in the universe.
edit on 11-10-2011 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I consider myself a "centre, slightly-right" Ordoliberal Conservative... I don't know if this even exists in the USA.
My life is pretty good and I'm happy most of the time

I'm not sure the presumption "Unhappy become Liberals" is true... its a little too general for my taste.

However, Interesting theory about the correlations of "happiness" and ideology.
edit on 11-10-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I've been happy and unhappy at different points in my life.

One thing has always remained constant. I want to be left the hell alone.

Funny enough, the happier I am the more paranoid of government I am. With the exception of a god or other mystic higher power the only thing intrusive enough and powerful enough to alter your life in any measurable way is government.

Just this weekend I was sitting on a rock staring off into the distant view with the wind blowing in my face and tearing up with what must have been manic levels of joy and suddenly I snapped back wondering when government was going to come take it all away from me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join