It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS/ Tea Party: Asking for the immediate resignation of ALL those in the United States Congress,Pres

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I agree and I will be at the OWS protests with a sign about it trying to spread the word and change the direction.
Coming?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by sonnny1

Ah.. but also the laws that govern Wall Street are influenced by Wall Street.

It's a cycle, gotta go after both.

Go after those who write the laws my friend................Wall Street is in the White House also.......Kill 2 birds,with 1 stone,if you do.......

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Wish I could give ya a million Stars.......

edit on 11-10-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I Posted this in another thread.........................

Wall Street Protesters Plan 'Millionaires March' to Tycoons' New York City Homes

Organized by lobby groups the Working Families Party, New York Communities for Change, Strong Economy for All and United NY, members of the Occupy Wall Street movement are expected to form the bulk of participants

LINK

Now the fun part.....................................

Working Families Party

The Working Families Party endorsed the then U.S. Senator Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election.

New York's Working Families Party was first organized in 1998 by a coalition of labor unions, ACORN and other community organizations, members of the now-inactive national New Party, and a variety of public interest groups such as Citizen Action of New York.

LINK

The Strong Economy for All Coalition is a coalition of labor unions and community groups in New York State.

Coalition members include: 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East, Coalition for the Homeless, United Federation of Teachers (UFT), Citizen Action, Alliance for Quality Education, New York State AFL-CIO, New York Communities for Change, 32BJ SEIU, New York City Central Labor Council, New York State United Teachers (NYSUT), Make the Road New York, Communication Workers of America (CWA), and the Municipal Labor Committee.

LINK

Looks to me,those out there saying OWS is being hijacked,might have themselves a point........................

I wondered WHY they wernt protesting on the White House Lawn........................

So it begins.....................

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Were they hijacked, or was this the intent all along?
Sure, there might have been some people who honestly believed what they were doing. But The "backers" of this movement have been preparing this for months.

The DNC has seen the success of the Tea Party. They have seen it galvanize a large segment of the population.

Perhaps this was their way of initiating their own "version".

The point is, if these fine folks actually believed in smaller government, less corruption by Wall Street influence, wouldn't they have been Tea Party folks to begin with?

Just throwing it out there. . . . .

edit on 11-10-2011 by beezzer because: sprelling

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
First off I wanted to address NEO96. What are you doing to help make our country any better? I see you post a lot of hate on the OWS threads, but what are you doing to help? The occupy movement is in its infancy. You seem to be very knowledgeable so why not help inform your brothers and sisters and share your wisdom. If many others agree with your ideas and opinions, we could use them for good. It bothers me deeply when people like you spout negativity like a plague. It appears you come on the OWS just to make people who support them feel like idiots. In another thread, you called them a bunch of posers. If you do something positive or at least speak your mind on a positive level, I'm certain you will feel at least a bit happier.

Now I personally have been occupying Portland Oregon from the start, and if you had a chance to come down here I imagine you would be impressed. We have fed many of the homeless in this town; shared shelter and supplies; welcome all who are traveling from occupation to occupation. In less than a week we have accomplished so much. We have adopted many of the techniques from NY's occupation, and do our best to improve or make new tactics all together. Thursday we had a march of 6000-10,000 people. 0 arrest. I have heard of only 3 arrest since then from radicals who are so pissed at the world for how they have been treated in life that they don't fully understand that we want to have as peaceful of a resolution as possible.

Our camp is filled with over 200 personal tents, as well as specified tents for our established committees. We have a food committee which receives many donations, and works with Food Not Bombs in providing local, organic, and vegan food to ensure our people have healthy sustainable food. Coffee is brought in every morning at 4am. We have a medical tent with an abundance of supplies from extra tarps and blankets to earplugs and hot-hands. We have a Library with donated books, as well as classes every half hour by volunteers who teach a wide variety of things such as yoga, breathing exercises, economics, poetry, ect... We have a safety committee to patrol our camp and keep the order. Police liasons, greeters, information tent, sanitation committee, and more are added every day.

The location we chose also has an electric car port, which gives us access to electiricity. We have our own wifi spot now too. Every day we have general assemblies where everyone is invited to make proposals to further our cause. It is true democracy as everyone, and I mean everyone, has a voice in the decisions we make as a collective. Our mayor, Sam Adams, has been a godsend. I may not agree with all his agendas, but, he understands our message that there are many things wrong in this country and people want to be heard in voicing their concerns so long as it is peaceful. The police are allowed in our camp and have been very cooperative and negotiable. We hope it stays this way.

I realize that we are very fortunate here in Portland and we must continue to set a good example, but it disheartens me when people complain how disorganized the occupation movement is. We all have to start somewhere. Please educate yourself before making snide comments please. If we want to see a change in the system, we all need to be more accepting of each other. Everyone here is welcome to come to the occupation and speak your voice, make new friends, and learn from each other. Together we can make a change for good.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
if i had a dollar everytime someone said neo educate yourself i would be sitting here talking to yet another part time ows protestor who just has to come to ats to justify his cause.

what am i doing to make a better world? taking it to ows "supporters" who just cant stand any criticism whatsoever wow had no idea so many people are afraid of a few bad words.

and hey got about 3 years to go before you can sit there and start complaining about what other people are saying.

freedom of speech here deal with it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by allclad hero

How do you feel your actions will solve the corruption of Wall Street towards politicians?

???

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm sorry if my post felt like an attack neo, but I didn't intend it to be that way. I also value our right to free speech. In my reply I was trying to convey that you seem like a smart individual. I personally would love to hear your opinions, and as I said before, I wish you could bring your concerns to an actual general assembly and have your voice truly be heard. The world is listening right now. Why not take the opportunity to be more active in your community rather than online.

Also just to clarify, I'm a full time employee as a chef in a restaurant. It is a very demanding job, and the free time I have as of late goes toward my aspirations of bringing the voice back to the people, even if I don't always agree with what they say. I have a cozy house to sleep in, but have chosen to camp in the rain downtown.

Please stop generalizing the people you think are a part of the OWS movement. Here in portland we have had individuals from Syria speak, doctors, students, part timers, full timers, minorities, the homeless, veterans, people from all walks of life coming together to talk about why they are mad and brainstorm how we can begin to fix things. Again, I really implore you to get off the computer and check things out yourself.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I feel that making my voice heard, and sharing that voice with others that share the same frustration and uniting until we can no longer be silenced is the start. We are coming together to come to a concencess of what we want changed and how to get there. This movement isn't even a month old guys! We can't expect drastic change over night, but day by day I believe we can make some positive changes. Maybe I'm an optimist. Oh, and I have been on ATS for years, but rarely post. More of an observer for that time of my life. Whats your solution to making this country better? Please don't tell me you have given up/

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by allclad hero

Look at my signature. I'v actually put money where my mouth is! I've been a Tea Party member for a couple of year and have written extensively for several years. My writing got so intense during 2010, I actually had an incumbent senator call me a home and argue for an hour.
Tha's what I've done.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Before the Tea Party movement was hijacked it was about accountability for the bankers.

So the Tea Party and OWS both started with the same understanding of the real problem.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
Before the Tea Party movement was hijacked it was about accountability for the bankers.

So the Tea Party and OWS both started with the same understanding of the real problem.

Really?
Where I came from, the Tea Party was about personal responsibility and smaller government. If we had honest people in office, then no amount of graft from bankers/CEO's would make a difference.

You might want to check the culpability of Frank/Dodd before putting the blame soley on banks as well.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Where I came from, the Tea Party was about personal responsibility and smaller government.

That was after it was hijacked by corporations.

It started out in response to the bailouts.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Where I came from, the Tea Party was about personal responsibility and smaller government.

TARP was an effect, not the cause.

And my personal beliefs have never wavered. I was never hijacked.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Props for the site in your signature that you have got going. Its great that you are playing an active part in helping put the right people in a place where they can truly help us the people. I wasn't into politics much when the tea party got started, but they did get my attention and now I am doing my best to educate myself on why the people have elected these individuals who have put us in such a bad place. Its great you have taken the fight to your senator; we are getting in contact with ours (Ron Wyden) this week to express our concern with the violence that has taken place in Boston. Portland has been very peaceful and we want to keep it that way.

I also want to state that criticism is needed and welcome for the occupy movement; without it we wouldn't know how to better ourselves. What bothers me is when folks generalize us for being a bunch of unemployed, drug using hippies with no direction. Criticism OK. Negativity not at all. We should all be equal as human beings. I wish more people would use the golden rule rather than put people down so that they feel more important.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I am. I actually am trying. The movement here has been in the local paper as a headline twice. I spoke with them the first time. I am trying to steer this group of people in the right direction and we actually have across the street from the federal building as one of our protest sites.

See I do think there were some people with an agenda behind a small group that started this, but you can't expect it to get this large and not have people who have their own opinions about it. You tea party people should get out there and help me focus this energy on the government that lets wall street do this.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

We all have to be vigilant to make sure that people that seek power and to control others do not lead this movement. We had a Vanguard try to overthrow one of our marches a few days ago. He actually persuaded some people to join him, but our march gained so much strength they realized they were on the wrong side and rejoined us. Its very possible that this cause can be hijacked like the tea party, but hopefully we can learn from before and not be fooled this time around.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

TARP was an effect, not the cause.

And my personal beliefs have never wavered. I was never hijacked.

Your personal beliefs are interesting and all, but this was about the original Tea Party movement.

The fact remains that it was about accountability for the financial institutions but was hijacked to facilitate the corporate agenda.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I still believe this is the ONLY way America can move forward. OWS and the Tea Party needs to find a common ground. If both "movements" were willing to PROTEST DC,and voice their anger at Congress and the President,I think you might see change.

Common Ground?

End the Fed
End the IRS.

Those are the two I personally, could get behind. All the other demands,well I would carefully have to consider them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join