It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OccupyBoston encampment threatened by RIOT police. NOW

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is a very tenuous, dangerous time in world history. Lives and liberty hang in the balance, governments are about to topple and structure is on the verge of failure. Words, and opinions, may seem innocuous, but they are literally weapons in times like this. It is vitally important that we stick to the facts and to direct knowledge of the Revolution rather than flood the net with conjecture and personal opinion. Your uninformed, biased comments could, in reality, cause someone in the movement their freedom and eventually their lives. Please, please, please be informed before commenting or blogging inaccurate opinion. You have the right to your opinion, but know that it may become the axe wielded by the executioner. You better have your facts straight.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well this is it people. This is Orwells boot standing on humanities head "FOREVER". It only gets worse from here. I feel very hypocritical in that I am not on the streets with these people right now. Not in support of the movement in total but in support of the right to have said movement. On the other hand I know myself too well. I could not be present and watch these things happening right in front of me and not act. I would not allow myself to be unprotected and I would not stand by and watch people being pummeled and do nothing, and that's why I'm home because they don't want that. Years of Military experience have ingrained in me the understanding that the "only" thing that violence understands or respects is equal or greater violence. The people are being left with little choice here as JFK said would be the case

The only thing that keeps this from becoming what history has shown time and time again is for those servants of the people to honor their oaths. Remember you swore not an oath to "follow orders" from wherever they may be coming from but to protect the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic which includes protecting the rights of citizens exercising their first amendment peacefully. You are oath burdened because you chose to be, it is not just a stepping stone to a paycheck.

One suggestion I may offer the protesters is to put personnel on the front lines of your demonstrations with full length mirrors as a shield of sorts maybe make some banners that say "look at yourself" and before the jackboots come to bash your skulls give them one last soul saving moment to see themselves and consider what they have become. It won't stop them but it is taking the highroad and when all this fails they will find us waiting because then we will be left with no choice.

"When you take away the peoples "RIGHT" to peaceful redress all you leave them with is violent revolution" - John Fitzgerald Kennedy
edit on 12-10-2011 by WWJFKD because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2011 by WWJFKD because: typos galore

<< 4  5  6   >>

join