It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Children always seem to predict the Elections?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
As a kid, my friend and equally as young family members always correctly predicted the elections(As soon as Obama started running I flat out said he would win same with W). Now this is just from my experience so I wanted to know is any of you have met any children who actually predicted any up and coming elections. If you have why is that?

Is it because there more removed from the system?

edit on 10/11/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
No, it's because they're enslaved to the system even more.

Basically, what appeals to a 6 year old is what often gets elected.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Interesting idea, but I don't think there are any solid numbers to back up your claim.

Even if we gathered all the people from ATS to form a pole about this topic it would still be biased, simply because of the influence from the parents. I know that many of the people here on ATS are varied in demographics but the ideas their children are exposed to would be suspect due to the fact that they do garner ideologies from their parents.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

The media gives out vibes that most people try and interpret either consciously or sub consciously.
Children probably interpret the messages with instinct.
While adults interpret it with emotion.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It's really not that hard for anyone to "predict" who is going to win an election. Seeing as how it's a basically a 50/50 chance you will be right or wrong. Usually there are 2 main candidates,one from each of the major parties, one of which is going to win. It's not very hard to "predict" who is going to win when there are only 2 to choose from.

edit on 11-10-2011 by HalLangerhans because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2011 by HalLangerhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HalLangerhans

Ah, so I guess its just a flip of the coin choice.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob

Ah, so I guess its just a flip of the coin choice.

Yes, it is basically a a coin flip, like I said it's a 50/50 chance of being right or wrong. Your topic suggests kids have some superior power to "predict" who the winner will be, but anyone can make the same "prediction" and be right 50% of the time with those kinds of odds. Now if a kid or a classroom of kids were to predict, which candidate was going to win, the exact number of popular votes, and Electoral College votes the winner is going to get, then that would be a shocking prediction.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I wasn't suggesting super powers involved. Its just something I noticed, and wondering if ATS saw the same thing.

new topics

join