It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul will Win...NOT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
As with many of the members on ATS I am a big fan of Ron Paul. However I have a thought that maybe some of you share. I believe Ron Paul can and has a good chance of winning; although hearing something on the radio after work today made me think differently. There was a recent headline on yahoo.com that was about the placebo effect in everyday life. I'm sure some of you have seen or heard of it.

It states the following...

But the placebo effect is by no means limited to medicine. In our daily lives we constantly encounter situations where products or services don't work as promised. Yet far from stomping off to complain to someone, we instead come away convinced that the button we were pressing was doing exactly what it said it would. If a button says it will close the elevator doors but doesn't appear to have the desired effect, we still find a way to convince ourselves that it was doing what it said it would.

The page declares that such things as the Elevator "Close Doors" Button, "HD" TV's, Walk Signal Buttons, Butt-Toning Shoes, and Office Thermostats are all illusions of some sort.

Please see page for details on each for your liking, but I rather not get more off-topic than we are.

Now Like I said I was in my car listening to the talk radio channel and a man was speaking, don't recall who it was unfortunately, and he was talking about these things and said, "Now it states that 90% of thermostats in offices don't work because boss's don't trust the employee's to keep fiddling with the temperature. So they have the only access to it. It's like voting, the government let's you vote but only puts the person they want in office".

Now what if Ron Paul really wins, and they just "don't let him". Would we know? How would we know? In this country it is often frowned upon or looked as something out of norm to talk politics in public with strangers because of people's beliefs and/or upsetting them or whatever it may be.

Would it be like Al Gore all over again? It is definitely a possibility.

Could this be the turning point for the revolution of the country come election day? My answer is no, I hope it comes before then. It could happen if somehow we figured out that Ron Paul really won. I would stand against that sort of oppression, and hope you would as well.

What is your thoughts on this ATS? I'd like to hear from both Paul supports and non supporters.
edit on 10-10-2011 by AudioGhost because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2011 by AudioGhost because: Fixing my bolds

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AudioGhost

Guess we All just have to wait and see what happens with the Right Honorable Dr. Ron Paul . You can't Keep a Good Man Down for Long if the People of this Country have their say about it . As I see it, the Republican Party has a Hard Choice right now . Either Nominate Ron Paul , or Lose the White House for another 4 years to Obama or another Worthless Democrap .

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I don't think they rig the elections. I mean Al Gore was a shill anyways, things would have prolly turned out the same if he got voted in.

Na, what they do is media manipulation, drown at any candidate that might a deference. Money put forward form TPTB to the couple choice Politicians that they can control, plaster there face all over the plaec.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AudioGhost

Now what if Ron Paul really wins, and they just "don't let him". Would we know? How would we know?
I wouldn't put it past them. I believe there's a good chance they will get desperate enough to rig the election if it turns out that Ron Paul won. There are so many weak points that people just ignore as if they could never be exploited.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
One of the the problems with ANY candidate for presidential office is Security Clearance.

Any candidate can make any number of claims and promises based on the available information and experience they have, BUT, they lack all the data to see the bigger picture as to why 'things' are the way they are. They don't have presidential security clearance.

Obama came on strong and made a ton of beautiful promises during his candidacy. He was the personification of CHANGE. What happened? He got an upgrade on security clearance and suddenly found out why all the talk and promises would only ever just be that.

You could elect Jesus, Buddha, Ghadi, or Elvis to be president and, though there may very well be some small changes that come from it, there's really very little they could actually do. 'Things' will still be eff'd up, just as they were before, for all the reasons the public is and will continue to be completely unaware of because we lack the security clearance to even see why 'things' are the way they are.

edit on 11-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
If Ron Paul won I am sure they would ignore him anyway. That would free up more air time to report real news for a change.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Ron Paul will Win, Stop Watching, CNN,Fox News.
unless you want the canadian HST Tax the Cains 999 Train or opition two more wars or opition one:Ron Paul your choice thread op, the other opition 4 years of obama.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join