It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condoms, Whiskey, Slackers and the Maddness of the Occupy Movement...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by discharged77
Only the people can decide whats next, change is scary i know, but I don't think that the usual commie scare tactic is going to work this time. You need to give the people more credit then that.

I did,when the "People" voted Obama in. Look at where that got us....................

Besides,if you want real CHANGE,vote for someone who is going to change the LAWS that have made our country,and economy,into what it is today. Not some banker..........

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The country is changing and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it, i do not know whats going to happen, but i do know that people are waking up in mass and they are pissed off. I am a Libertarian, i did not vote for Obama and I do support the constitution and Ron Paul. The only way we are going to pull ourselves out of the mess we are in is to support the constitution and respect the rights of the states. If you do not support the constitution then you are a traitor, plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
gotta say didint see any teapartiers getting arrested and crapping on police cars

no, you just had people being racist and ignorant. I suppose that we'll call a spade a spade here.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Only the people can decide whats next, change is scary i know, but I don't think that the usual commie scare tactic is going to work this time. You need to give the people more credit then that.

I did,when the "People" voted Obama in. Look at where that got us....................

Besides,if you want real CHANGE,vote for someone who is going to change the LAWS that have made our country,and economy,into what it is today. Not some banker..........
What "banker" have i pledged support to? Voting is how a Democracy works bud, sometimes it dose not work out the way you would like it to.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

And who is this person that you speak of? They will parade two paid for handpuppets out to the forefront, and encourage you to continue your worthless participation in this nauseating act of insanity we call the American electoral process.

McCain and Palin would have #ed you the same. We need to stop legitimizing these politicians and their masters.
edit on 11-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

racists eh how come the majority of those same people are supporting cain?

fine i can play it that way all ows are nothing but a bunch of drunk sex crazed never met a police car they didnt like to crap on and want to talk about ignorance "occupy wall street" when all those racist teapartiers took it to their congressnman and fired the ones they didnt like

Doh!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The country is changing and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it, i do not know whats going to happen, but i do know that people are waking up in mass and they are pissed off. I am a Libertarian, i did not vote for Obama and I do support the constitution and Ron Paul. The only way we are going to pull ourselves out of the mess we are in is to support the constitution and respect the rights of the states. If you do not support the constitution then you are a traitor, plain and simple.

I agree with EVERYTHING you say.

Unfortunately,I dont agree with the disorganized,crowd of the OWS.

I also dont agree with protesting without a common goal,or one that fixes nothing.

Just shouting your pi$$ed,isnt gonna make someone say in return,whats it gonna take to make you not angry......

The Bankers make NO laws.................

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It's interesting how much what is acceptable changes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't tax collectors tarred and feathered (an absolutely torturous procedure from what I've read) back during the original tea party.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Things have been out of balance for some time now and no career politician is going to bring it back around, people are at the end of their rope, that is the poor and middle class who have been getting screwed. The slave masters are going to be knee deep in # and it has nothing to do with rich vs poor.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Because Cain would kiss their ass and shine their shoes. Like a good boy.

Anyway, I know that all TPers aren't racists, just like all OWSers don't run around flaming Jews

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Originally posted by neo96
gotta say didint see any teapartiers getting arrested and crapping on police cars

no, you just had people being racist and ignorant. I suppose that we'll call a spade a spade here.

nah dont get to have it both ways its one or the other and you are on record so which is it?

Originally posted by illuminatislave
reply to post by neo96

Because Cain would kiss their ass and shine their shoes. Like a good boy.

Anyway, I know that all TPers aren't racists, just like all OWSers don't run around flaming Jews

thats a damn racist thing to be saying about an african american
edit on 11-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I agree with EVERYTHING you say.

Unfortunately,I dont agree with the disorganized,crowd of the OWS.

I also dont agree with protesting without a common goal,or one that fixes nothing.

Just shouting your pi$$ed,isnt gonna make someone say in return,whats it gonna take to make you not angry......

The Bankers make NO laws.................
I also agree with that, wall street would not have been my first choice and i dont think that just being angry is going to do much good either. But sometimes things start out as an angry mob and morph into something constructive and productive. Its a start, to what?, I don't know, I do know that the Americans are sick of getting the shaft, both right and left, independent, moderate, radical and the millions of people out there who could care less about politics. What I am trying to say is that its time that we put our differences aside, put people into office that want to uphold the constitution, protect our own borders and stop spending tax payers money on foreign wars that do us as a nation no service what so ever.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thanks for that link, I just finished reading the whole thread and it is something which connects to this one without a doubt.

Here's the thing imo, even if this movement started out with the right intention, without the proper staging and grassroots cohesiveness it is destined to go down in the short term with accolades much as we have seen in the UFO arena from the press.

Is it possible that they are going to bite off their noses to spite their faces? Seems like it is a fairly probable effect given the nature of a few of the reports coming back in which show no real personal or group self respect.

It borders on a display of anarchy from some of the reports coming in like the one on world news last night where the shop owners are freaking out because the people are wanting to come in by the hundreds to use their facilities and clogging up the sinks by taking baths and leaving terrible messes throughout the entire day.

Is it possible that the homeless, slackers and welfare parasites have taken over this movement in order to find a common cause for an all out street party rather than to instill any real change?

What kind of people are being attracted to these protests?

I feel for those who are going out for the cause but having to back away because of the reality.

Perhaps it is time to begin reorganizing? Everyone admits that this flew far faster than anyone had anticipated and that alone shows that people are fed up and desperate for some equality but if they are not cautious they just may get that equality they are asking for and it is not going to change a thing for the 1%.

Every successful movement needs front men, people who can live in both worlds and who can talk as delegates to the opposition with the ability to debate and win because they propose solutions and not just argumentation and disapproval.

Thanks for your post.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Yeah.. Obama is behind it.
That's why OWS protestors are also holding signs like this (as I posted in another thread here).

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Why wouldn't you have the propaganda machine working full blast at this? Naturally when our government noticed people opening their eyes and standing up they were prepared to demonize the protesters with every available method they have at their disposal.

The entire country is rallying up. The whole nation is standing as one to push back. It's like the big corporations and government fat cats have been bullying people for years on end now, and all the people are sick of it.

They can say what they want. They can call us whatever they please, but what they fail to remember is that this OUR country, not theirs. We all make this place what it is, and without realizing that you can rest assured you will be taken advantage of by our government and big banking at every possible turn.

I saw this maneuver coming a mile away. Let the msm do it's worst, it won't sway any of us.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

I am wondering how many are not really there to be the rebellion but sway crowds into the same old past attitudes that have gotten us all where we are today.

I also figured that after Operation Slander that it would be a non reported issue which is like public shunning.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by discharged77

I bet you still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have personally been to Liberty square in NYC which is the heart of the OWS movement and most of these accusations are straight up false and exaggerated. Without a doubt it was funky in there but what do you expect when some people haven't taken showers for days and some for weeks (yes I know). But I didn't witness open sex, or people handing me condoms, or condom wrappers or anything like that. People certainly weren't deficating out in the open or urinating or anything like that.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Despite being true or not... a movement or an idea is usually reduced to a few single images or impressions.

This is why I have a problem with the OWS...there is no consistant or a few singular points of interests. The reason for the protests vary from city to city and state to state. Being "Pissed Off" is not enough to gain meaningful support.

For instance...we can go back about 40 years to the Viet Nam War protests and a few images come back to those that were there or grew up then,...like me.

Images of college kids putting flowers in National Guard soldiers rifles...the Kent State Massacre... The image of the naked little VietNamese girl running from a napalm attack...the South viet Namese commander with a pistol to the head of a captive suspect VC... End the war, bring our troops home.

The Tea Party...wether you agree with them or not, was reduced to No ObamaCare...No New Taxes... Better representation of the constituents in a Republic...

The OWS is equality of income... stop corruption in banking and business...and what else?...oh, down with Capitalism.

Naysayers condemned the tea party as racists, gun toting hill billies, and Nazis...but the Tea Party folks were for the most part...well behaved, clean, wide variety of ages and walks of life...pretty much middle America.

Right or wrong... the OWS has only added to the idea of dirty, spoiled, kids that think life is hard and unfair...by crapping on a police car...really?...ransacking public toilets, and the sex-drugs-rock n roll image...which harkens back to the 1960s and very anti-middle America.... true or not...it's not what you believe, it's what they( the mass public) believes.

As pointed out in another thread...the OWS needs some articulant leaders with a focused message and a reasonable means to achieve the goals.... that has not happened as of yet.

Most people beyond 30 realize that life is not fair... that if you want something in life you have to work for it... nothing is free... there will always be someone richer than you... there will always be someone poorer than you...

This is why the OWS crowd has blossomed with people under 30...but really has not made inroads to those above 30 and has not recieved "meaningful" support....

People above 30 have money, have businesses, are in positions of power...which is why the message of "Down with Capitalism" rings hollow with them...

It wants to destroy the very thing that has provided a means of support and a lifestyle for most of America. If the OWS wants to improve their image, start with the basics.... give the majority of Americans something to relate to....

Being dirty and pissed off is not enough.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
People certainly weren't deficating out in the open or urinating or anything like that.

Stinking up Wall Street: Protesters accused of living in filth as shocking pictures show one demonstrator defecating on a POLICE CAR

Uhhhh! They were.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join