It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jones Boys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Ok, in my house I have a regular phone line. I have dsl. I have caller ID. About every three or four days I get a call from someone. On the caller ID it says "The Jones Boys" and doesnt list a number. Also it rings twice quickly, like when you have 2 numbers for the house, they have a double ring. Thats what this rings.

Problem is, I only have this number and even went as far as calling the phone company to verify. They said that there was only number for my address and that the DSL shouldnt cause that to happen.

I've tried *69, but it says it cant complete the call. Also when I answer it, noone is there. I waited 1 minute and 15 seconds the last time they called, just to see if someone would talk, but nothing. It kind of creeps me out.

Anyone else get a call from "The Jones Boys" or know what it is? I'd appreciate any help I can get on this..

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
JUst got another call this morning. Am I the only one?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I live in Ontario, and I get a phone call very few days comes up long distance on my display, and when I pick it up there is no one there, I don't answer them any more, thinking it's some sort of longdistance scam, I'm also on DSL so who knows

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well the out of place ring here or there doesnt concern me. Its just that this name never has a number attached to it, and noone is there. Also the distinctive ring bothers me. Its weird. Lots of questions, to few anwers

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The Jones Brothers is one of the alias's for a underground conspiracy group in Lafeyette,IN.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
could be a phone phreak playing with a box (choose your color)

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The Jones Boys
Las Vegas, NV 89101
702-732-4212
702-732-4306
702-369-8400

JONES BOYS
2840 E FLAMINGO RD # F
LAS VEGAS, NV

And many more. This is some of the numbers I get on my Caller ID.
I try to call right after i get call, I get a message that tells me the number I am trying to reach is not in serves.
They must have a block for no incomming calls.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
sounds like a scam, i would report it to your phone company and work your way from there

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have been getting the calls as well since this past Friday. I get one a day and it says "The Jones Boys" The most recent phone number was (702)369-8400. I have never answered and they always hang up before my answering message finishes, which leads me to believe someone is there to know to hang up.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hi, I'm new to this forum but I recieved my first "Jones Boy's call last night. It was also 2 rings, no one was there. Upon searching the web I came upon this site. Did anyone try to call the number that came through on the caller ID to see what business it supposedly is? :
I am in the New York metropolitan area, I thought it was a friend from Las Vegas calling me, it was not her though. Thank you! -Michelle

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
groups.google.com...

this of any importance?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
i looked up in the yellow pages in las vegas on the "jones boys" i have numerous calls daily from the above mentioned numbers...they don't even give you a chance to tell them not to call..and is anyone else on the national do not call list??? i am not supposed to get any calls...but anyway this is the number and address that i have gotten. No one answered because i called on a sunday and most of these places aren't open on sundays. If anyone has had any luck getting these people not to call please let me know
thanks and here is that info

Jones Boys 2840 E Flamingo Rd #F (702) 732-4212

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
just a reply on the jones boys I have been recieving their call in colorado. I looked up their phone number on anywho.com and found two numbers for them when I called someone answered without saying any company info. she said they call the state of texas about their electric bill, but I don't believe any of this. she had something very shady in her voice. if you would like the numbers to investigate for yourself....

702-732-4212 (I called this one and spoke with her)
702-732-4306

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hi all, we started getting calls from The Jones boys at 702 369 8400 last night, we also have a two number house hold and DSL they statred coming about 9pm VERY annoying, I have family in Vegas so hopefully I can get some help as to who these idiots are

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
More people are using those poxy automated messages to spam people now.
For example - Two days ago ...

Phone rings
Pisky: "Hello"
- click -
Voice: "This is an automated message to ask what you think about ..."
Pisky: "FECK OFF !!!!"
Pisky hangs up and returns to his book.

Is there a way to block certain numbers I wonder ?

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have just had this phone line for about one month and I started getting calls last weekend from The jones boys at the 702-369-4800 number (about two a day) and last night a creepy message was left from that number just saying my name and the town I was from. It didn't sound like you normal telemarketer to me. Has anyone reported these kooks or figured out who or what they are? I am in Illinois by the way. I have also been getting a few other numbers calling that either I can't trace or a few are publishing companies selling magazines. Not sure if all these are related or not.

Originally posted by sublime4372
Ok, in my house I have a regular phone line. I have dsl. I have caller ID. About every three or four days I get a call from someone. On the caller ID it says "The Jones Boys" and doesnt list a number. Also it rings twice quickly, like when you have 2 numbers for the house, they have a double ring. Thats what this rings.

Problem is, I only have this number and even went as far as calling the phone company to verify. They said that there was only number for my address and that the DSL shouldnt cause that to happen.

I've tried *69, but it says it cant complete the call. Also when I answer it, noone is there. I waited 1 minute and 15 seconds the last time they called, just to see if someone would talk, but nothing. It kind of creeps me out.

Anyone else get a call from "The Jones Boys" or know what it is? I'd appreciate any help I can get on this..

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I wanted to reply to this sooner, but never got around to it.

One very likely reason the "Jones Boys" are showing up with different numbers, and numbers that cannot be traced, are through a privatized dialing software.
This can be purchased online, with a few minutes search through Google.

I won't give the site's name, or software name, as I have purchased this myself, but it works like this.

You type in the name and number YOU want to show on someones caller ID, and then type they're number in.
It cannot be traced, and you can put whomever's name and number, for your own, as you want.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I too have received calls from this outfit, trying to sell me a subscription to the local newspaper here. They've called every few days since I cancelled my newspaper subscription. They ignore my demands that they put me on their in-house do-not-call list (I'm already on the national list). Today I got to talk to a supervisor who verifyed they are in las Vegas. I asked what the nature of their business is. He replied they are the exclusive telemarketing firm for all the newspapers on the East Coast.

Sounds ify, at best. This guy, who said his name is Allen Clendenin finally got verbally abusive and hung up on me when I threatened to file a complaint with my state attorney general. I find no records by that name anywhere in Nevada.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Has this happened to anyone with a separate fax line coming into their house? For instance, we've got our phone line and fax line, each with separate numbers, but coming in and ringing on the normal phone (the fax has a double ring, much like a normal ring but there is a pause in the middle to make it two rings, if that makes sense
). This thread caught my eye because I had a call like this today, but I never pick up the phone when I hear this ring since it is usual a fax or wrong number. However, I have noticed that it has been ringing a good amount lately, sometimes in this only one double-ring fashion (instead of the tradition 4 or 5 then answering machine or fax machine picks up).

I don't have caller ID to identify, but I have a feeling this is a pretty large operation. Seems quite mysterious...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Here's the answer to your conspiracy: A bunch of broke-assed telemarketers are trying to sell you newspaper subscriptions.

The Jones Boys is a contractor for various newspapers all across the US; San Jose Mercury News, Pottstown News, Beaver County Times, Sun Sentinel, Pioneer Press, among many MANY others. They use a predictive dialer, which only connects a call fully whenever you answer by a certain time. Perhaps you're just catching a glitch.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join