It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Privacy is for old people says LinkedIn founder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Good Monday morning, Meet Reid Hoffman, the billionaire founder of LinkedIn. In this video, he shares with an audience at Davos his opinion about your privacy concerns: Yep, I think it’s just as unbelievable as you do — the founder of LinkedIn, the largest social network for professional people in the world says “all these concerns about privacy tend to be old people issues.” “Old people” issues? Are you even allowed to say something like that these days? And that’s how the founder of LinkedIn feels about your privacy? Well, I can’t speak for every internet company founder, but I can tell you that most of us think privacy issues are very, very important, and that Reid’s viewpoint does not represent internet executives as a whole.

Privacy is for old people says LinkedIn founder

I don't know about you, but isn't privacy important to everyone?

The video on the site is from the 2010 Davos Summit on which the article is based.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FarmerGeneral

Love a near 45 year old mans definition of old.

ugh, scary indeed!
edit on 10/10/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarmerGeneral
“all these concerns about privacy tend to be old people issues.”

Well, he's kind of right. But not in a good way.

I think most of us have noticed that the "youth" of today are very very willing to put all sorts of very private information on the internet. They dont have a concern.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, let's let him lead by example. I await him to post all of his private information from medical records to credit card numbers. Let's have it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright
Well, let's let him lead by example. I await him to post all of his private information from medical records to credit card numbers. Let's have it.

You can bet he won't.

And even if he did, the info would be phony.

These people that preach are the very ones who want YOUR assets while they keep theirs.

It is a classic scam.

Try to do a background check on these guys and you will get to a dead end.

Typical they want to be nosey, but always from a safe distance !!

Who died and left them king anyway?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
I think most of us have noticed that the "youth" of today are very very willing to put all sorts of very private information on the internet. They dont have a concern.

To back this up, I've just tried to find the results of any survey that breaks down the demographics by age.
The only one I can find right now has this graph...

...which shows younger people are more trusting of web sites, older people are less trusting, on so far as collection of personally identifiable information (PII)

link

So in a silly way, he's right.
Concerns about privacy SHOULD be a concern for ALL.
But in reality, it is only a concern for older people.

edit on 10-10-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Individual sovereignty, freedom, unalienable rights, honor, loyalty, and ethics and morality are for old people too. Youth is wasted on the young, and wisdom wasted on the old...

I wonder if privacy is for skinny people too. Let's be honest about this guy, a skinny person who is sitting on an airplane will have more privacy if not sitting next to this guy. I'm just saying, that's all.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I wonder if LinkedIn does a check of a persons internet habits and other computer use(facebook ECT) before hiring them as part of there background check.

My guess is they do as many big companies do.

top topics

join