It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in 37 minutes Atlanta Police dept will arrest anybody still Occupying Woodruff Park (Added Videos)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Where the cops will get themselves in trouble, is when they tackle someone who wasn't an instigator, wasn't yelling, and is just standing on the side, or is simply protesting. At least there are a number of people recording all this.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

When the livestream camera was walking back to the park, I swear I heard a very southern female accent say "Y'all are crazy"

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
One of the speakers tell the crowd to look in the direction he indicates and notice the police who could be seen earlier in mass numbers, aren't there. They crowd cheers as if that means victory. He thinks they left?? They're just getting into final staging positions...... They didn't roll all that equipment out to just call it a night and leave.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

No, like any sane person I'd like our borders locked down and anyone that wants to enter our country should abide the rules in place so they can become legal citizens legally. It doesn't look like there is one illegal immigrant even in there because these are American citizens trying to stand up against an oppressive and broken political/economical system. We all know dem illegals don't care bout dis cuz dey took our jobs. Still this has nothing to do with this because like I said these protests aren't about illegal immigration. Keep immigration policies out of this bullsh1t thread please. Also, I'd like to see these pansies stand up to these corrupt cops, overrun them, take control of they're city, and prove to all these other "Occupy Movements" that the majority has and always will have the power over the minority.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Looks like its going to start now.
News reporters were talking with city offical.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Point taken but you forget these idiots are up against cops in Full Riot Gear. The resistance the cops MIGHT meet will be defused quickly before anything gets out of hand, such as rubber bullets, tear gas, police dogs, pepper spray, etc. No need for live ammunition in this situation see?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

I see A LOT of backpacks and other bags in that crowd and it's been going long enough for the wrong type of people to mix in with everyone else. One agitator with a starter pistol would be enough to start something everyone comes to regret when the cops arrive. Let's hope the pro's are all up in New York and D.C. and aren't in Atlanta tonight to provoke violent confrontation. We'll see shortly.

Thanks to the Camera guy here running the stream if he gets over to see this thread. This is far more informative and interesting that a highly refined piece of spin out of MSM about this in the morning.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have seen two dudes who I would call instigators..

Bearded guy who carries a pvc pipe (for noise making, drum?) who went and interrupted a live TV interview with a spokesman for the mayor's office..

and a thin guy (eminem look allike?) who was the one who keeps saying the police are scared.

There was one female who showed common sense when she had the mic stating that they should block the police until they are asked to move and she said that they should move at that point.

I really worry for the folks down there.. and hope that they don't let the instigators rile them up to the point they lose their common sense..

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Well we have to help, or we aren't going to win. I hope they prevail, these are people who are really fighting for our freedom, thank them.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wanna take bets? I see absolutely nothing of importance happening here tonight, other than lots of arrests, and even the smallest bit of violence enacted on the cops will be stopped probably almost instantly. That's just me though.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoReaper4

No, like any sane person I'd like our borders locked down and anyone that wants to enter our country should abide the rules in place so they can become legal citizens legally. It doesn't look like there is one illegal immigrant even in there because these are American citizens trying to stand up against an oppressive and broken political/economical system. We all know dem illegals don't care bout dis cuz dey took our jobs. Still this has nothing to do with this because like I said these protests aren't about illegal immigration. Keep immigration policies out of this bullsh1t thread please. Also, I'd like to see these pansies stand up to these corrupt cops, overrun them, take control of they're city, and prove to all these other "Occupy Movements" that the majority has and always will have the power over the minority.

I wasn't the first one to bring up the immigration issue. It was one of the on scene organizers. By all means feel free to take it up with him. And, I will add anything I consider relevant to any thread, aren't you supposed to be all hopped up on freedom of speech right now??? *sigh*
I love the way you change your spelling to try and insult and make implications regarding the level of education of those who feel that people wishing to enter our country should do so legally or not at all. I will remind you that some of the most lasting input on gaining citizenship came from our founding fathers.

Finally, I love the way you judge all of these cops. Do you know them? Have you investigated them. Or are you just all caught up in the moment and feeling all Che Guevara?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Who exactly is "we" and what is that we expecting to win here?

Lemme guess... The huge number arrested, charged, fined, make bail, ultimate court costs etc. and released just because they can do it peacefully?

Hey, sounds like Atlanta wins this one no matter how it goes.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Have you ever been hit with a pvc pipe? It hurts and stings a bit, now imagine swinging that at a trained law enforcement officer in riot gear. The cop will laugh at him and probably break his skull with a baton. The Eminem kid is exactly the kind of pansy I've been talking about, the minute he feels the slightest bit of pain enacted on his body, he'll curl up into the fetal position and cry for his mommy. Granted he's probably the one idiot to start throwing sh1t at the fan though.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I sincerely hope you're right. Nothing would make me happier than to see this situation allowed to cool down and not go to a direct confrontation. Some elements desperately want that for different reasons. Hopefully this isn't the place it happens.

If the Mayor is actually coming down after Midnight, perhaps something major HAS changed and the cops pulled back for real. Again, we can hope. Hopefully, this isn't a distraction to make the people relax before they clear the park anyway.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
A bit OT and not to disparage the folks down there in Atlanta, but it does get old and a bit telethonish when the cameraman asks for donations to their (some pay account), for bail money..

Also getting tired of all those corporate ads that keep popping up.. so far, Cadillac, BP & Slim JIim..

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I just hope that the folks down there protesting can recognize the few for what they are.. instigators..

no one should get hurt due to those two IMO>..

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

You're right just give up because some arrests are made, these people are willing to get arrested for our freedom. It's time to help America. Who gives a crap whether Iraq doesn't have democracy, rebuild America!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Well that makes feel even more remorse towards these dumb "Movements". If these people can't even get they're priorities straight then what chance do they have of even making some kind of difference to this country. They need clear and precise demands so that people know what they're doing this for. Sorry for jumping down your throat about the illegal immigration thing, didn't hear one of those protestors mention the issue so I guess it's fair game now on this thread, so please exercise your first amendment.
Also, lighten up the terrible grammar was supposed to be reference to South Park, and clearly it was a terrible one. So, you don't think immigrants should enter this country legally, so we're all given an equal chance at succeeding in this country? To the question about the cops, I don't know them but I would imagine if they're anything like the cops I've encountered in Chicago and the city that I live in, then the majority of them probably have the terrible mentality that I've witnessed time and time again out here. Just my two cents.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
A bit OT and not to disparage the folks down there in Atlanta, but it does get old and a bit telethonish when the cameraman asks for donations to their (some pay account), for bail money..

Also getting tired of all those corporate ads that keep popping up.. so far, Cadillac, BP & Slim JIim..

That's weird, somebody else mentioned ads, but I haven't had even one ad while watching this for about an hour and a half...

edit on 10/10/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The Mayor is allowing them to stay. Good call mayor.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join