It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in 37 minutes Atlanta Police dept will arrest anybody still Occupying Woodruff Park (Added Videos)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I think so. They are preparing right now it sounds like they are set up not too far from them now.

Here is where is all breaks loose!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Dude they're taking money for bail, and are planning to peacefully get arrested. Such brilliance.

edit on 10-10-2011 by PsychoReaper4 because: My bad, I thought you were talking about these "protestors".

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

I have chills watching this, I wish I had a helicopter so I can go join.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Uh Oh... The people down there are making announcements saying the cops are in the area in full riot gear. Idiots.... Damn idiots... Not the protesters, either. They aren't doing something I agree with, but no one need be hurt here. This isn't necessary.

It takes 2 to make a fight and Atlanta city government has the opportunity to show some wisdom and handle this without nose to nose confrontation. I certainly hope the reports down there are wrong..and Atlanta P.D. doesn't follow through on their statements made earlier in the day.

2 sides...means the protesters could also defuse this, knowing what is coming. Both sides seem to want the fight it looks like they may get here shortly.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Call your friends in Atlanta and tell them to get down there, we have a right to protest. They want to make us look bad so they need to start a ruckus.

Don't fight, and don't resist. We are all watching!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
How can I fast forward to the arrests??

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Run down for those not getting the link.

"what is the goal? okay kids this is how we do it" by an older and tougher sounding guy than most present.
Talk that the cops are coming.
Filmer says accepting donations.
Speaker:
"All across the country people are standing up...
We will all stand together across this country
until every person that needs and education gets an education
until every homeless person has shelter...."

Power to the people.

The young lady with the long hair who is trying to organize them is a good face for the movement. Classy, calm, well spoken....
Talk that the police are setting up a processing center....

oh, now the "this is what democracy looks like"

Cops to arrive any moment now...
A calm guy who says that he believes in this strongly, cops are coming, time to rock and roll, but he doesn't say what his personal thing about the movement is: education, corporations are not people, shelter for homeless, ???

(MY personal opinion this thing is too broad)

Cops were due at 11. Now 11:24. Nothing else right now.

EDIT: Now garbage about how we have learned from the revolutions in Tunisia....etc... implications that the cops are afraid of them,,,, this is the total turn off stuff for me.
edit on 10-10-2011 by watcher3339 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
now there is an instigator chanting about the Cops being scared..

why? is that necessary?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Nothing's gonna happen man, other than all these people getting arrested.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Because people are dumb. That's the only answer. Just watch these people are just gonna give themselves up then nothing.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Now he is out finding they are in a box...a closed box. No one else is coming in and it looks like no one will be allowed out fairly soon here. This looks like they mean it, alright. '

Sorry, for those who weren't watching the stream. This was when he walked up the street to find buses set to carry prisoners and barricades shutting down the streets and isolating the area from anything outside. Atlanta had their horse units and bomb squad staged as well.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

just use your imagination that's what I've been doing. It's a lot more interesting than what will probably happen too.

link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I was in full support of OWS until I saw the professional (well paid) trouble makers and war starters show up. Al Gore called for this about 2 weeks before it started. Van Jones has called for an October Offensive. Now the Federal Reserve and their cronies have come out in support along with the Democrats and Obama. They are completely taking over the situation and brought in OTPOR (CIA) sponsored Ivan Marovic who was the key organizer for the protests that began the Serbian War in the 1990's. This is being used as support for Obama to stay in power either through an election or otherwise. Obama is wallstreet so they are protesting against themselves . This country won't be able to survive 4 more years of the Banksters and the Globalists running this thing. I am afraid that the well meaning people are going to be collateral damage while TPTB flock like buzzards to pick mens bones clean.

link   
I dont get the issue here, Atlanta parks have always been closed from 11pm to 6 am for like years now. Protesters can either clear the park and come back in the am or they can be arrested, and if they dont clear they should be arrested.

link   
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

It makes no sense, the folks in the circle willing to be arrested are fine, that is civil disobedience..

Those who would try and rile up the folks like that dude saying the Cops are scared are the types who are looking for trouble.

I sure hope that calmer heads prevail..

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Those who would try and rile up the folks like that dude saying the Cops are scared are the types who are looking for trouble.

Those would be the opportunists who are hoping in the chaos for a chance to smash windows and do some power shopping for FREE.

Atlanta could look a lot like London if things get out of hand here.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The guy filming this walked up the street. He saw a bomb squad, mounted units and a full police barricade. All for some people siting in a park.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

You're also forgetting that the majority of our society is filled with pansies. The people like that will take one baton swing to head/stomach and realize how "afraid" the APD is of them. Situation diffused with very little effort.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Really, it is hard to comment on the effectiveness of the USA's system, since the country is fairly young. I don't really think revolution is necessary at this point, but by aiming for it, maybe we can fall somewhere in between revolution and nothing getting done...which is change.

If they don't want to incite violence, then the police better be extra careful, and not do anything that is out of line, because that WILL incite violence in this area. These people, whatever message they are trying to send, have a right to be doing what they are doing. If you disagree, then as Bush would say, you are un-American.

What is the point of having this "great" republic if we are not allowed to exercise the supposed rights it provides?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

After watching this for the better part of an hour, there only a couple of instigators, the rest don't seem to be the rioting type..

(fingers crossed that my perception is correct)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join