It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago teachers feel attacked by Rahm Emmanuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Seems that Rahm has upset the teachers union in Chicago.

He has been working to take away their collective bargaining rights.

He has setup Performance based pay.

He didnt give them their 4% raise.

Oh and I forgot, he extended their working hours and the number of days they work.

ETC!!!!
edit on 10-10-2011 by Convicted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Rahm Emmanuel is a creep.
If I saw him walking down the street, I would give him the finger!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Found a little more info, but its from August.

Mayoral front-runner Rahm Emanuel supports curtailing teachers’ right to strike. And if they won’t agree to work longer hours for extra pay, he’ll ask state legislators to mandate it, he said.

“As we have [rules against strikes] for police and firefighters, I would have it for teachers because they provide an essential service,” Emanuel said.

The “Performance Counts” bill the state legislature is considering would severely limit the right of teachers to strike. The Chicago Teachers Union says it would essentially eliminate the right to strike.

There has been no teachers strike in Chicago since 1987.

Emanuel says he supports the package of reforms, which he says will reward high-performing teachers and give principals greater sway to weed out low-performing teachers.

www.suntimes.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Check this out.. They are saying Rahm is a racist. Oh how fast the tides turn.

The Chicago Teachers Union has slapped down the race card in its battle with Mayor Rahm Emanuel over layoffs and longer school days.

The CTU on Friday issued a press release claiming that most teachers recently laid off by the Chicago Board of Education are “people of color, and hardest hit are African teachers in schools serving African American students.”

Source: www.nbcchicago.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan of Rham. But I support this type of reform.

You shouldn't get higher pay just because you're in a union and because you're demanding it. You should get paid based on your performance. You should also be able to LOSE YOUR JOB based on poor performance.

new topics

top topics

join