It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw something terrible on the US National Debt Clock. Could it be a sign of the end?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I just saw something terrible on the US National Debt Clock. Could it be a sign of the end?

www.usdebtclock.org...

Neo was kind enough to post a link to the debt clock in another thread of mine. When I started looking at it i realised that the amount of US Debt held by other nations is falling, possibly quickly.

All I can think of is that this means that not only are other countries getting rid of our treasury bills, but that we our government must be buying them all or where would they be going. Is this part of QE1 or QE2? Is it intentional? Is it good or bad?

All I can think of is that its bad, but maybe I am wrong.

Can you all help me figure this out?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There is no way this could be right. The national debt increases by a $100,000 every 4 seconds?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

The debt clock is empty? Is that what you saw?

Looks like no mods debt for Americans anymore!

Bad sign more likely though a tech glich.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Looks like this is getting closer and closer.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
There is no way this could be right. The national debt increases by a $100,000 every 4 seconds?

Sadly, yes, that is correct.Why people think the government needs to be empowered to make this any worse is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Optimistprime78

The debt clock is empty? Is that what you saw?

Looks like no mods debt for Americans anymore!

Bad sign more likely though a tech glich.

Debt clock is not empty. The US debt held by foreign countries is going down.

Edit: I would be more worried about the 85,359,093 familes and directly underneath that 45,889,337 on food stamps.
edit on 10-10-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted

www.usdebtclock.org...

Neo was kind enough to post a link to the debt clock in another thread of mine. When I started looking at it i realised that the amount of US Debt held by other nations is falling, possibly quickly.

All I can think of is that this means that not only are other countries getting rid of our treasury bills, but that we our government must be buying them all or where would they be going. Is this part of QE1 or QE2? Is it intentional? Is it good or bad?

Yes, we will be buying our own debt with more debt that's how the system works.

The same thing that's happening in Europe right now will happen here pretty soon (2 years max) .

The entire world is running with the same basic debt based monetary system and they are all doomed for failure including china.

So yeah, make sure to do some research and get ready for the inevitable collapse. The ship is sinking and hopefully you have a raft, some supplies, and friends so you can survive until a sea worthy ship comes along to pick you up. So the only advice I can give you is do your best to survive. Otherwise you will be treading water and hoping the sharks don't get you before you inevitably drown.

I hope everyone all the best

-Elzon
edit on 10-10-2011 by Elzon because: whoops, added a number in the wrong place

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Wow... there's actually a LOT of numbers moving in reverse...

Federal Reserve monetary base
Small business assets
Household assets
Total national assets

I'll be interested to see if anyone has any explanations.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
how about if every person in every country simultaneously burns all their money and finally ends once and for all this sinister charade of people being dominated and controlled and oppressed and seperated and enslaved by the almighty evil dollar bill...

oh no!...then everyone would be equal!...tptb would'nt like that!...
edit on 10-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

take a look at corporate assets vs household assets yes yes those evil corporations!!!!

looks to me like at least 14 trillion of toilet paper in circulation adding federal reserve monetary base with m2 money suppy always thought that was the amount of cash within the system,

were screwed tho make no mistake.
edit on 10-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Well, that wouldn't really do anything given that only a very small percentage of 'money' is in the form of hard currency. Most of it is just digits on books and in computers. All Helicopter Ben has to do is fire up the printers again and print up more pieces of fancy,worthless paper if it gets destroyed. The cost of that, of course, being passed on to the taxpayers.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Great just about every "bad" number is going up and every "good" number is going down. When American assets are going down but debt keeps climbing, there is the possibility of very bad times coming.

And $615 trillion in credit derivatives.....sheesh talk about a 615 story house of cards just waiting to fall.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
looking at the auto sales numbers (from link at bottom of that above page)
Looks like GMC's numbers are hurting . Gov Motor Co . bummer I always like GMC>

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well at least total U.S. debt is going down, I wonder if this could be a sign of deflation as well?

Funny the interest added to the total debt is going up though.....
edit on 10-10-2011 by Vikus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If it keeps going down at the current pace, it will reach zero in approx. 51 years. I don't think it will take this long for the economy to tank though. Once countries start dumping US debt and the US buying it up to prolong this mess they got themselves into, it will be like trying to stop a landslide with a plastic shovel.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted

www.usdebtclock.org...

Removing US Debt from foreign holdings means that countries are loosing faith in their dollar investments. This is due to economic policies that are beyond stupid coming out of D.C. Every idiotic "stimulus", "bailout", or "jobs program". to come out of Washington is financed by treasury bills.

Basically, no matter how well intentioned these programs are, there simply is no way to fund them. So the Treasury auctions off it's notes with some interest attached to them. In this way, Dollars can sit in the "bank" of a foreign country, and earn that country interest.

The bad thing is, when spending gets too high, and too much money is created to serve this end, inflation begins to creep it's way into he greater economy. Basically, the government needed money, so the treasury asked the FED for it, the FED gave the money to the Government, who then spent it, which flooded the economy with newly created dollars. Those excess dollars expanded the money supply, which resulted in inflation. Inflation brought the value of the American Dollar down, and as a result, all of the dollar holdings purchased by other nations lost value. So they are replacing them with investments that don't loose money.

But since the demand for dollars is dropping worldwide, no one wants to buy them. So they use those dollars to "buy back into" the U.S. economy, picking up industry, banks, warehouses, etc. with dollars that are loosing value. The problem with that is that those dollars never circulated in the U.S. economy before. They always existed, but never could contribute to inflation, because they were locked away off shore, in some obscure investment fund.

That is how the United States appeared to be so wealthy for so long.We just exported our inflation, postponing the inevitable.

So what happens to us? Well, when 4 trillion uncirculated dollars all of the sudden begin to circulate in the U.S. Economy, the money supply will expand rapidly, resulting is massive amounts of inflation almost overnight. No one buying T-bills anymore would result in the government having only one possible way to fund itself. It would never be able to tax enough to pay off the debt, even if they taxed every billionaire, every millionaire, you, me, and everyone else at 100%. The only way to do it, would be to print money to fund itself. At which point, our currency would hyper-inflate, and a gallon of gas would cost about 30 bucks, a loaf of bread? $25, you get the idea.

What you are watching in slow motion is the beginning of a global run on the dollar. It's historical, so you should remember all of it so you have something to tell your kids when they ask how the greatest, most free, and prosperous nation the world had ever known in the entire history of the human race, collapsed.

edit on 10-10-2011 by aravoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Don't you think now would be the time to dump stocks and invest in precious metals/foreign currencies?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

nope normal investing strategy is to diverisify most people are not in the short term but long term.

like 10 to 20 years or more precious metals if you were already in them but if you sell what you got what are you going to put in to? cash hahhaaa.

gold and other precious metals are a bubble and compared it to like when they were flipping houses and turning a profit and the piper finally had to be paid and people lost their butts.

patience and its your money decide what you want and how you want to get there.

most important never take financial advice from some annonymous person on the net

always seek a professional.
edit on 10-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
QE1 and all others are a scam and haven't done jack squat to help out the economy and needs to be scrapped.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Wooooow in the top right corner you can convert the debt rates into what it will be in 2015 if the debt keeps up at the same pace...the estimated debt by 2015 at the current rate is 23.3 trillion dollars!!!! the estimated CBO projections put us at 17.5 trillion in debt............

EDIT: if you look at the debt clock for the year 2000 on this day it was going down about 1,000 a second..today its going up about 25,000 a second
edit on 11-10-2011 by douglas82391 because: (no reason given)

'NOTHER EDIT: So wait a sec here. 100,000 every 4 seconds would be 1.5 million a minute or 90 million an hour or like 2,160,000,000 day....either that's not right or im just in disbelief

WTF!: If you continue to add it, it would be 64,800,000,000 a month or 777,600,000,000 year! Our debt has increased like 9.2 trillion since this day in 2000 so the figures are realistic....i just pooped a bit

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join