It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS vs Tea Party - AKA You VS Yourself!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
reply to post by ugie1028

The Tea Party was created by Ron Paul.
The people on wallstreet are not anti capitalist. The problem is we no longer operate under free market capitalism. The game is rigged.
They have stolen the wealth. They have imploded our economy by design. They will continue to steal our money.
The Federal Reserve does need to be abolished considering it goes against our constitution and that we didnt have a central bank in this country until 1913 because our founding fathers were strictly against the idea.
The media refused to even cover this until they got the green light. It went on for weeks until msm actually covered it.

It was not really created by Ron Paul. Ron Paul supporter's began to go to tea party rallies after Rick Santelli's rant on CNBC. The tea party was then co-opted by the Koch brothers, Americans for Prosperity, and various other corporate and right wing interests.

It was never a spontaneous, organic, grassroots movement.

Also I would not say that Ron Paul's Ayn Rand, extreme free market capitalist, corporate libertarian objectivist philosophy would be the best answer to what is being protested against right now.

I know all the Paulbots won't like that but the truth is you aren't 'going against the establishment' or 'supporting a legitimate alternative' in Ron Paul. The fact that he is an Ayn Rand devotee should tell people a lot about the man and his views. His domestic and foreign policy would be devastating for our country today. Of course no war would be great in a utopia but the reality is sometimes there will be a moral obligation for the most powerful nation in the world to step in and help another nation. Which occasionally may result in war.

I know Paulbots don't like to hear these things and will probably get their panties in a bunch about this comment but the truth is the man is a libertarian in the sense of corporations being free from any government regulation. Of course he speaks of certain individual freedoms that are not likely to happen. He is against the separation of church and state, he is against a woman's right to choose, he is against an Americans right to have access to healthcare. He is shunned by many true libertarian groups because of these things.

He wants healthcare to remain in the 'free-market', which is the last place that healthcare should remain. Healthcare does not work well as a for profit business.

Anyway, I am done. No one on this site will listen anyway. Most are simply following the trend.
edit on 18-10-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by megabytz

It was not really created by Ron Paul. Ron Paul supporter's began to go to tea party rallies after Rick Santelli's rant on CNBC. The tea party was then co-opted by the Koch brothers, Americans for Prosperity, and various other corporate and right wing interests.

The Santelli rant was too obvious !
and it was planned. I thought something was up when I first heard it!

It was never a spontaneous, organic, grassroots movement.

I agree.

No one on this site will listen anyway. Most are simply following the trend.

I hear ya!

No "Stockholm Effect" for me!

edit on Oct-18-2011 by xuenchen because:

<< 3  4  5   >>

join