It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's on! Choose your future now!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
No. Look at history. Progress is forged with fire. We have become a weak slave society that is incapable of advocating change for ourselves. Someone must stand up and burn the palace to the ground.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Half the day is gone, my poor garden ( but I will make it up to you I promise). I feel the need to add here OP.

People who are not living as dictated by a deep sense of compassion, empathy, understanding and open mindedness can not be convinced. Simple.

The first ten minutes of the first vid link, I was like... "WTF!?! who is this chick?"
I made it to the 25min mark and realized it was something I had to watch and give my (non-sleepy) attention to, so I saved it for today.

Both women may very well be loons.

BUT....
Who the heck am I to judge what they feel is real? I'm no one. Who the heck are you?
I remember crying like the bird (chick/lady) in the second vid as a teenager for the VERY SAME reasons she was. That shocked me. I didn't want to connect with that one, as most of you can imagine, but it resonated with me and a memory long since filed. Those feelings were also attached to pure helplessness, as a teenager what did I think I could actually do about it?
My view back then, was war should never be taught in schools...EVER! You can see that would have gone down just dandy for our ANZAC days.But why educate people on the atrocities they themselves could achieve if only they joined the services.
If there were no borders there could never be war, and if war is unheard of, what need do humans have for weapons? Think about it.
If we are not consumed with who wants what and how they're going to take it, wouldn't you take more notice of the damage we have actually done so far? You'd certainly have more time on your hands to do so.

I don't need convincing of what I know I feel, how I choose to live, what decisions I make based on what I read, see, feel, and listen to.
I believe in myself. A very strong belief.
Years ago, I let that belief decay and very nearly changed the course of my life and that of my family with that soul destroying negativity. I had to make a conscious choice within myself to crawl out of the hole that I had placed myself in, no one else, just me.

I have seen on this thread the alternative, incredibly impassioned (and almost disproportionately so to the point one wonders the motive), arguments against the OP post.
I don't understand their point of view, but it doesn't make them wrong any more than it does you.
We are all shown far too much of the 'wrong' kind of human behaviors.
Why?
Why do they show the most gruesome of stories and not wonder why people do what they do.
It's like me not filtering the movies my kids watch, uncensored viewing, can you imagine what that does to a developing psych? Can you, in fact, imagine at all?
Stop censoring your brain and emotions to the good stories, you are unbalancing your own scales and ultimately effecting no one but yourself.
If spreading the word of love in it's simplest form offends you then I say....you need more love.

X
A

<< 8  9  10   >>

join