It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks to Hank Williams jr...I've got my theme song

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yup...Hank says it all for me, and everything this forum means to me. No matter what...I will survive, Enjoy

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Thanks to Hank Williams III, I've got mine.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Is this guy a prophet or what?

"The whole damn world's made of styrene"

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

WOW...you are right. Prophetic. I like, like, like...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You seen it posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And ran with it.... Mind reading is awesome... Isn't it?

Just kidding ya....

I have always liked that song.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
You seen it posted here:

Just kidding ya....

I must admit, I heard it in your thread, and it struck EVERY single cord in my soul. I spend a lot of time in this forum. Live on top of a rural mountain, surrounded by country folk. So, I had to bring it here. Thank You for posting it in your forum!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for being honest, if you hadn't I would have warned, you don't want to go there, not with me.

I'm kidding of course... That song does inspire... Hank, is in some deep do do, he needs all freedom loving American survivalists behind him as well... He is going to be a target, he has pissed off some powerful people this time, in government and in the entertainment bizz.

edit on 10-10-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Been listening to this song since i was 10 years old when it came out. Him and Waylon.. pure gold.

edit on 10-10-2011 by rwfresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I hope he takes this opportunity to tell them all to .. well you know. He might wake a few people up.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Star Flag and Thanks.

Made me homesick... but it feels good.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Thanks for being honest, if you hadn't I would have warned, you don't want to go there, not with me.

I'm kidding of course... That song does inspire... Hank, is in some deep do do, he needs all freedom loving American survivalists behind him as well... He is going to be a target, he has pissed off some powerful people this time, in government and in the entertainment bizz.

edit on 10-10-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

I know...that whole fiasco with Monday Night Football...sheesh...can't a man even speak his mind anymore

I support him, and his choice of words. But most of all, I support his right to say what he wants to.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You seen it posted here:

Just kidding ya....

Missed other thread. Thanks for reposting here!
here's a bonus hank vid for ya from a Louisiana Boy:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I support his right to say what he wants to.

Something every American should do, the same for the Dixie Chicks, and every other artist and public figure that has said something that has offended anyone.

We don't have to like it, we should respect the freedom to say it, regardless.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Something every American should do, the same for the Dixie Chicks, and every other artist and public figure that has said something that has offended anyone.

Agree...as soon as the Dixie Chicks got crapped on...I supported them, by going out and buying all of their CDs in multiples and sent them to friends. Will do the same with Hank.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Seemed like as good a time as any to post this one....TY for reminding me

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The tables have turned... The haters of free speech are on the other side now....

How Ironic?

It was all about Bush before... Now with Hank?

Why always country music stars?

Yeah.... I knew you would.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Thanks so much for posting that. I've been trying to remember that song for a while. Other than the whole "we say grace, we say amen" thing, that has got to be the coolest country song out there. I'm more of a Rock 'n Roll kinda guy, but Jr. kicks some major @$$.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Thanks so much for posting that. I've been trying to remember that song for a while. Other than the whole "we say grace, we say amen" thing, that has got to be the coolest country song out there. I'm more of a Rock 'n Roll kinda guy, but Jr. kicks some major @$$.

LOL I snitched it from Fractured Facade...Kudos go to him....I love that song

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

What are people talking about when they say that Hank pissed off a lot of people? I don't remember hearing him say anything controversial...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

What are people talking about when they say that Hank pissed off a lot of people? I don't remember hearing him say anything controversial...

He spoke his mind...the politically correct police got their panties in a wad...

UPDATE Thursday, Oct. 6: ESPN announced Thursday that it was parting ways with Hank Williams Jr., the country music singer famous for asking NFL fans: "Are you ready for some football?"

Williams, for his part, said he was the one who decided to leave.

"After reading hundreds of e-mails, I have made MY decision," he wrote in a statement on his website. "By pulling my opening Oct 3rd, You (ESPN) stepped on the Toes of The First Amendment Freedom of Speech, so therefore Me, My Song, and All My Rowdy Friends are OUT OF HERE. It's been a great run."

The move comes several days after Williams got himself in hot water with the network for controversial comments that he made on Fox News, in which he invoked the name of Adolf Hitler while talking about President Obama and this summer's so-called golf summit with House Speaker John Boehner.

Those comments got Williams yanked from this week's telecast of Monday Night Football and left many wondering whether the temporary move would become permanent.

"We have decided to part ways with Hank Williams, Jr. We appreciate his contributions over the past years," the network said in a short statement. "The success of Monday Night Football has always been about the games and that will continue."
slatest.slate.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join