It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Revolver???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius
reply to post by Rebel21

First of all im shocked that a 12 year old can own a Gun, pretty messed up, but to be fair I would have liked to have one when I was twelve.

Secondly, this is the Survival forum my 12 year old friend, you should be posting threads that are specifically about weapons in the weapons forum, but we always like to know about the best survival weapons over here in Survival so feel free to share if you have any knowledge in that area.

He can not "own" a handgun at 12 years old. By law I think it is 21. It would have to be a parent to buy. I had my first shotgun at eight. It never left the gun case unless my Dad was with me. To try to tie this into Survival forum, it would be better that this young person learn firearm safety under supervision now than a twenty one year old buying one with no idea how to use it! If the SHTF, who is more dangerous the trained or untrained?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Rebel21

A few calibers I am trying to find out more about is the 45 colt, .44, and the .41. Can you guys tell me anything about cowboy action shooting or these calibers?
okay here's the really important bit... unless you reload... stick to the .44 mag...
reason being ... while the 45 lc and even better .41 man are great rounds... their a little hard to come by...

I can remember being up in Rock Springs WY... walked into the gun store and cleaned out his entire years supply of .41 mag... that was just 3 boxes.... .44 mag are much easier to acquire...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Grampadave : I am liking the 44 magnum for power and availibility of the ammo but i am only 12 and i think the reciol would be a little to much for me. I shoot a .38 and 357 right now and i think i could only handle a little more recoil than a 357 which seems to be the 45colt. what do you think?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rebel21

I think that you need to wait some time before you can legally poses a firearm, or buy ammunition. If you're going to be using a firearm with your Dad, or another adult, you need to follow their advice, they know you better than anyone here.

I also think that the forum requires you to be 13 years of age to use it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
the M28 was the highway patrolman, a plain jane version of the M27, which was highly polished. Stick to the .22, it takes many, many thousands of rds fired to master the pistol, saving 20c a shot will let you go to college, and not have to bust your butt for $10 an hour for the rest of your life.
edit on 12-10-2011 by requirement because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join