It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real-Life Jedi: Pushing The Limits Of Mind Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Real-Life Jedi: Pushing The Limits Of Mind Control

www.bbc.co.uk

The inner workings of the brain can now be read using low cost hardware
You don't have to be a Jedi to make things move with your mind.

Granted, we may not be able to lift a spaceship out of a swamp like Yoda does in The Empire Strikes Back, but it is possible to steer a model car, drive a wheelchair and control a robotic exoskeleton with just your thoughts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It's no secret that this is something that has been developing for quite some time now but the advances they are making are huge. Huge and scary.

When this technology has been properly developed and marketed the possibilities of use for this technology are almost endless and I see that this will be snapped up by the masses as the next logical step in our technological evolution but, do we really need it? This member says no.

They are not the same as lasers in a fibre optic cable or electrons in a microprocessor, and tapping the mind will raise philosophical and ethical questions, according to Prof Noel Sharkey.

"Once the military get a hold of it, they will push it very hard," he explains.

"At the moment they are filling the airspace in Afghanistan with drones that only one person can control - but if they get the helmets well enough developed, they'll be able to control a number of planes or robot warriors directly with their thoughts."

Yep, that is one very scary thought..imagine robot warriors. Indestructable robot warriors controlled by the minds of the millitary!

Imagine, in 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 100 years when it has been fully developed and marketed to consumers. "Thankyou sir, here is your mind-control package, compatible with your home appliances, PC, TV, car, bank account and much more! Here is the appointment details for your chip to be inserted..."

Personally, I have no trouble utilising the motor functions of my body to achieve simple tasks such as pointing and clicking my remote control, mouse and effectively steering my car- I see no real requirement for it (appart for the wheelchairs mentioned for people with spinal injuries etc.) and will resist it.

Huge issues deriving from this;

"Imagine some kind of a wireless computer device in your head that you'll use for mind control - what if people hacked into that, what could they do to you and your property?," continues Prof Sharkey.

"And what if you are forced to wear a device and someone controls you with his thoughts, making you do things?..."

I agree, Professor Sharkey. Imagine if you didn't even know that your device was capable of controlling you via remote access. Is it vulnerable to viruses?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Imagine instead paraplegics or quadriplegics who can walk or use hands again? That's where the technology would be the most promising, spinal cord injuries.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

I agree, at the end of the day, so far as now - they can't make us use this technology.

Let the military use it...perhaps it can reap some benefits for the injured.

Yet to be honest, I look forward to the day when all military is disbanded and the money used to fund it is poured into developing the human race as a whole.

Call that pinko comie or what, but I'm getting pretty sick and tired of watching people starve to death on the streets on my way to work while the military spends trillions blowing up unarmed civilians.

-GM

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Your Jedi link in the title caught my eye. Interesting perspective.

I have a very hard time with the "indestructible robots" part. That's juicing things a bit. Robot will still be made out of metal, or titanium, or whatever, but an RPG, Landmine, or, wait for it.....EMP pulse could still take them out.

If the military devises indestructible robots, an EMP will work everytime.

The rest, research and continue....

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Your Jedi link in the title caught my eye. Interesting perspective.

I have a very hard time with the "indestructible robots" part. That's juicing things a bit. Robot will still be made out of metal, or titanium, or whatever, but an RPG, Landmine, or, wait for it.....EMP pulse could still take them out.

If the military devises indestructible robots, an EMP will work everytime.

The rest, research and continue....

Admittedly, the 'indestructable robots' part was a bit of fun/exaggeration. However, from what I understand EMP's can be thwarted but that's another topic

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Very, very cool. The mind boggles at the potential applications of this.

One question though - what makes you think the military doesn't already have ahold of it?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Nothing Commie about it. Your a true caring human who is tired of this needless bloodshed just so the Elite can rule the world. Anyone who supports the millions of deaths from our country are still living in the Ego or Reptilian Brain. Glad to see we have great people like you on ATS.

As far as the Jedi technology. I hope people are taught the skills to make this all possible. I would hate to see this stay in evil hands such as our military industrial complex. Hopefully we will soon drop our Ego's and use these skills to help our neighbors instead of kill them.

Peace to all.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Imagine being able to share (like you do you do a peripheral on a network) the input in real time from your nervous system to others. Or connect to and experience the output from someone else's nervous system and sensory input.

Imagine being able to close your eyes and connect to and experience as it happens the exhilaration and ground rush as a base jumper leaps from the Eiffel tower. A diver swimming with manta rays. Or the final moment as an Olympic sprinter crosses the line and wins gold. Or experience an astronaut in orbit travelling at 22,000kph skimming earth atmosphere, performing final countdown to re-entry.

Not just sensory input, but chemical stimulation, adrenalin, serotonin etc.. all recorded too, want to know what its like to make love to that celebrity? Of course you do, commodities of the future will be experiences. Imagine being able to play back memories or 'boot up' one of your ancestors memory’s and put yourself in their 'shoes'. E learning will take on a new dimension and just like Trinity does in the Matrix "I need the flight PROGRAM for a B 212 helicopter", memories and experiences will just be a quick hit away.

Technology like this and AI will set the human race free, the powers that be will loose their centralised power, that’s why they try through Hollywood to program everyone to fear robots, AI and other such technology. Because they know its what will set all the human race free and put the power back into the peoples hands.

And they are scared!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The world media are idiots especially BBC and CNN and they dont know a thing about mind control....no need to explain to anything (any guesses why?).....so my sincere request is to ignore all this nonsense in this thread.....

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Can you explain to me based on the article what it means by "inner workings of the brain".....this electrode technology has been around for a long time and all it can pick up is faint signals that cannot be converted in any way into any kind of mind reading nerve signals...

It is nothing but similar to EEG....and this is no mind control....this seems to be a disinformation campaign by BBC...

Dont listen to such idiots.....

See this link

Mind Control and the US connection
edit on 10/11/2011 by sunny_2008ny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

I saw that movie! It was called "Strange Days". It had a Finnes in it, I believe. He was obsessed with something like what you're describing. Only, it was detrimental to him as he kept using it to relive a failed relationship instead of moving on with his life. There's a reason humanity has a built-in filter from that sort of thing. Memories fade and they allow us to move on. We are distracted enough as it is without the added complications of being wired into our machines.

new topics

top topics

join