It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle ‘superhero’ arrested, accused of assault with pepper spray

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
A sad day for all of the law abiding superheroes world wide... One of their compadres has crossed the line and has gone rogue..

www.w ashingtonpost.com

Instead of the bad guys, it was Seattle’s most prolific self-styled superhero that ended up in handcuffs.

Police officers arrested the 23-year-old man who calls himself Phoenix Jones early Sunday after he was accused of assaulting several people with pepper spray. He was booked in county jail on four counts of assault, with arraignment set for Thursday, police said Monday.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I applaud this man, yet somehow, even with no superpowers, even batman managed to get out of there before the cops showed up. No finesse.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
From reading the linked story...I'd go with Jones' version of events. They tried to bust Batman AND Spiderman at first if I remember correctly.

It ain't easy being a superhero!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Do you think that his sidekick Ghost ratted him out so he can take the frontman role?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The proof is in the video.
Too bad we can't see that yet.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Still I applaud Phoenix Jones...

all around good guy who tries to make a difference.. I think I will find him on facebook now

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
All hail Kick-Ass! Just got throught watching the movie and I think the world would be better off if people became their own super heros. Why worry about someone else stepping up and saving your heiney if you won't at least try to do it yourself first.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The video

Second line.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
The proof is in the video.
Too bad we can't see that yet.

You can catch the clip in this related piece:

www.nydailynews.com

This never happens to Batman.

The self-proclaimed crime-fighter who calls himself Phoenix Jones was arrested by Seattle police early Sunday morning after pepper-spraying a group of unruly men and women he says were engaged in a brawl.

Scroll down to the bottom of the piece and the video is available there

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I heard an interview on the radio with him over the weekend. His kid interrupted the interview, I don't think anyone knew he had kid(s) before that. not very smart for a superhero if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Also, I just read that his identity was revealed, Benjamin Fodor.

This guys sucks when it comes to the super hero thing

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Unmasked!

Seattle "superhero" Phoenix Jones unmasks himself in court as Ben Fodor

Seattle's self-proclaimed superhero, Phoenix Jones, entered a courtroom Thursday masked but was told he had to remove it during his appearance, where prosecutors said they hadn't yet decided whether to file charges against him in an alleged pepper spray attack.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Crossed the line and gone rogue huh? Someone, maybe two people were being assaulted by a group of people and were screaming for help. He runs in yelling to call 911 and tries to help. He sprays only one man first that was aggressive to him. They leave and then come back in a group with force and he sprays them in self defense. He didn't even spray the girl that kept hitting him with the shoe.
Hate to see a mod put this kind of spin on a good Samaritan, that is unless I missed your sarcasm.

Of course, I am going by the video that he has showing what happened. I will admit that it might be edited but if I were on a jury I would let him go free of charge because of it.
edit on 15-10-2011 by eazyriderl_l because: (no reason given)

Not to mention no one else was charged with anything. There were multiple assaults and a hit and run on the video and no one else was even pursued. Ironic they only went after the SUPERHERO though, right?
edit on 15-10-2011 by eazyriderl_l because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join