It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous "DID" shut down NYSE today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
OK, they said they would do it and they did...........

Anonymous' call for a massive attack on the New York Stock Exchange's website was met Monday -- but very, very briefly.

full story

I just seen I put this in wrong place sorry Mods feel free to move it. sorry again, my 2nd thread(noob)

edit on 10/10/2011 by dedpope because: to get thread moved

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The article states that it was only a slow down and not a crash.
And that only lasted a few minutes.

Wish they would do the Fed and have better luck with it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wasn't this pretty much proven not to be by the real Anonymous? They released something that said "take everything into consideration, we wouldn't have you use LOIC after last time" or something to that effect?

I think if Anonymous was fully behind it, it would've actually gone down

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Maybe I am slow or something, but how does slowing down the website equate "Deleting it from the Internet for good?"

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
sad that a kid claims on a half-assed youtube video that NYSE website will be wiped off the planet and its gobbled up.

Anonymous, you are making it to easy to create a false-flag that will ruin the internet.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Maybe they are just warming up. There have been so many people giving them a hard time.

If it is just a warm up - then I cannot wait to see what is up next. It would be a very creative and intelligent strategy to just 'hint' in the first advertised hack of take down wallstreet.

Also to consider is the possibility that Anonymous is just a CIA front and what with all the attention that taking down wallstreet received - maybe they did not know whether to proceed or not.

I am still waiting patiently for anyone - just one person - to tell me how/why they know that Anonymous is a front for the CIA.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by relique

#1> You can't delete a page from the internet for "good" its impossible they'll just re-host it... even if you delete the main content there's always backup servers and for security purpose where I work we keep one shutdown all the time but fully backed up in case the main ones are compromised we backup from this one...

#2> Deleting the page will results in having the techs they already pay to put it up and maintain it anyways to fix it.... DDOS cost ENORMOUS amounts of money to the attacked party... Gotta pay the junk bandwith, security team to ensure that the DDOS wasn't a curve ball while they were getting in from behind... Gotta setup backup routing and networks and multitude of stuff that can be very very expensive...

#3> It could of been a diversion to test the currently implemented infrastructure just to fuzz it a little and see how it reacts... Also its not rare to see simultaneous DDOS attack awhile a penetration attempt is made as your "attack" data gets hidden through the junk data making it a pain to find... This bundled with a non too aggressive attack that isn't set to hammer the # out the the servers but to poke it gently and slowly should be a real pain to analyze...

This DDOS attempt could of been a cover so they could gather enough info to find a way in... It could be probable... If you can't find a way in you promise them you will get in on a date... on that date you poke around a bit and check out how their firewalls react and analyze the data that you could normally find during an actual attack... You know they will buff their security and staff on that date... when the date pass you wait a little... let them boost their ego thinking they were too good to be taken down... then as soon as their pride blinds them "Boom goes the Dynamite"

Yes the above was a quote from "Breaking In" I love this darn show lol

Its like shark does when they go take a test bite to see if its actual food
lol

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I recommend to a friend when to buy and sell commodities.

If this was a shutdown, I hope it keeps crashing.

He made a nice tidy profit today, of which he gives me a small percentage. He doesn't have to, I'm just trying to help him out. But he's a nice guy.
Heck it puts gas in my car.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I wonder if the mainstream media realize that by making fun of DDOS attack it rendered a once childish attack in a much evil tool...

Now whenever somebody says DDOS people thing "No good kid... basic skill...downloaded a program on the net that did it all for him..." Best cover ever if you know what your doing and want a diversion + cover.. you drop DDOS during your attack.. launch the DDOS from a hot spot somewhere in the middle of a city where there's so much people using wifi internet that it'll never be tracked back to its sources... then you drive to another one to make the main attack...

Gets them thinking they have a no good 16 years old trying to have his 20mins of fame on the news so he can get enough credibility to start his own security firm like Kevin Mitnick and all the others that got caught... and by the time they realize it might of been a diversion/cover enough of the possible tracks have faded away to be even a matter of worries...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Somewhere some place now... A tiny fly bites a large cow

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
Maybe they are just warming up. There have been so many people giving them a hard time.

If it is just a warm up - then I cannot wait to see what is up next. It would be a very creative and intelligent strategy to just 'hint' in the first advertised hack of take down wallstreet.

Also to consider is the possibility that Anonymous is just a CIA front and what with all the attention that taking down wallstreet received - maybe they did not know whether to proceed or not.

I am still waiting patiently for anyone - just one person - to tell me how/why they know that Anonymous is a front for the CIA.

Much Peace...

It COULD be a CIA front but I'm starting to doubt it see why cause so much turmoil when the current global situation is already close to snapping... It could be a "Oh you have a problem here's the solution" thing however with the wallstreet occupation I think they would try to divert the attention from wall street to something else...

I mean you can't steal half the nation's money while most of it is in your street pissed off and watching you... It wouldn't take lots just a little leak right now that could lite the spark and get these people to turn that street into a pile of wrecks... just look at what happen during hockey cups or concerts...

Its getting VERY volatile... I think some people must be soiling their pants right now...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

Yes - I believe you and I are thinking and moving in the same direction. I for one did not think the people who are sitting out there in the street - would still be there today - more power to them.

And you are right about people soiling their undies. When you are a healthy human you develop your ability to empathise. The cabal/illuminati/whatever are all psychopathic or narcissistic and will be unable to empathise - however - when the populous do not react the way the cabal/illuminati/whatever want them to - therein lies trouble. TPTB will need to rethink their plan. Overconfident and arrogant people do not tend to have a plan B for when plan A does not work...get my drift?

I hope the demonstration continues - it is not about winning or losing. Many of the people who are part of the demonstration probably are not employed or have little hope of employment or are just fed up with watching others suffer needlessly - that brings new meaning to what they are doing. What they are doing and what they have become is a living breathing testimony to the truth of what is real - regular people can afford to sit in the street because they have nothing to lose. The cabal/illuminati/whatever have the truth 'sitting' in their face for the world to see.

I smell change in the air and I am in Australia...

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
No THEY didn't.

The threat wasn't theirs.

Who are they?

Wouldn't you like to know?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Please, do tell. Who is Anonymous, CIA or Revolutionaries of the 21st century?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

then show us who actualy did it,with proofs, please
and stop trolling

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I would love to know what you are trying to communicate - or is it a private response to a particular post?

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousVan

Depends on which they you are inquiring about... I'd venture a guess you're gonna find out real soon about some of them

Stay tuned.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

as usual you dont have any answers and proofs

join