It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

To all you Liberal, Marxist, or Socialist folks....

page: 1
2
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You want government paid for healthcare, college, etc....

How do you propose that we pay for what we have currently?

How do you propose that we pay for what we have currently in addition to what other things you want government to provide?




posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted
 
Fair taxation and a reduction in unnecessary spending, like the military and the war on drugs. Stop sticking our noises into places they don't belong and reduce the overall number of foreign military bases that we lease. Focus on being prepared for the defense of North America and Europe. Nothing more. No more wars of aggression like Iraq, no more propping up corrupt governments like Israel and Saudi Arabia.


edit on 10/10/2011 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted
 


That is easy. Just redirect the billions of dollars funding the American War Machine and put it to good use. Does that answer your question?



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted
You want government paid for healthcare, college, etc....

How do you propose that we pay for what we have currently?

How do you propose that we pay for what we have currently in addition to what other things you want government to provide?


Vote for Herman Cain... He's got connections at major banks. As a government we'll borrow from his cronies at the Fed. Kick the can down the road a few more generations or until we hit the reset.



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Socialist/Communist Utopia man... Didn't you get the memo?

Money will flow from the rivers, and grow on trees.

No one will have to work, the rich can pay for everything.

No one will be poor or rich, in the end.

Of course, when it all collapses then everyone will want to be capitalist conservatives again.




posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Their only solution is to take it from the rich, who owns the majority of wealth. This is accomplished by class warfare rhetoric by the Left, and by more than willing media outlets that lean liberal.



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted
You want government paid for healthcare, college, etc....

Yes


How do you propose that we pay for what we have currently?

Look up the figures, I have for the UK government. The money is there it's just concentrated in the hands of the very few. I'm sure this conflicts with your belief system, so go on do what we know you will ....ignore it!!!


How do you propose that we pay for what we have currently in addition to what other things you want government to provide?

It's called tax via employment. Look up John Maynard Keynes. Unless you "already know it does not work" (sarcastic sigh) because it conflicts with your pre-determined belief system which is why you posted in the first place.

Oh by the way I live in Scotland where we do have free healthcare and free tuition fees........I'm English as well!
edit on 10/10/11 by malcr because: missed "we"



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Thutmose
 


If you call the TRUTH, 'class warfare rhetoric'... then wait here while I get my pamphlets that will awaken the masses because this is war.



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Socialist/Communist Utopia man... Didn't you get the memo?

Money will flow from the rivers, and grow on trees.

No one will have to work, the rich can pay for everything.

No one will be poor or rich, in the end.

Of course, when it all collapses then everyone will want to be capitalist conservatives again.


It's already collapsed, DUH.



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Lets take SG-17 and Unachispas ideas.

Lets tax the rich those making over a million another 5%.. Thats about 50 billion a year. And lets eliminate defense entirely. Thats about 650 billion. Lets just make it 700 billion. So now we have 750 billion per year, so that would cut the deficit in half at current spending levels. Lets not account that we just laid off 1 million people in the military and millions more supplying defense support.

So we still need another 700 or so billion to balance the budget at todays spending.. so I need you guys to help me find another 700 billion. Then we can discuss free healthcare and college and whatever the hell else you want.



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted
You want government paid for healthcare, college, etc....

How do you propose that we pay for what we have currently?

How do you propose that we pay for what we have currently in addition to what other things you want government to provide?


They want to forcibly take it from the 1%. We're not going to call it stealing...we're going to call it social justice.

Things always sound rosier when you call them "social justice", don't they?

But you know what they say...two wrongs do not make a right.



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
How about leveling the playing field and quit welfare for the corporations. Oil companies making record profits, paying no taxes and receiving taxpayer subsidies.

How about taking away the farm subsidies for not growing crops to keep the prices up?

How about stopping propping up companies that are "to big to fail" like banks.

Why don't we prosecute those war profiteers charging $9.00 for a single screw available at lowes for .25...

www.alternet.org...

and last but not least.....

costofwar.com...

You are such a hypocrite targeting social programs and ignoring taxpayer funded welfare for big business.

or are you trolling for stars and flags form your sockpuppet buddies?
edit on 10-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted
Lets take SG-17 and Unachispas ideas.

Lets tax the rich those making over a million another 5%.. Thats about 50 billion a year. And lets eliminate defense entirely. Thats about 650 billion. Lets just make it 700 billion. So now we have 750 billion per year, so that would cut the deficit in half at current spending levels. Lets not account that we just laid off 1 million people in the military and millions more supplying defense support.

So we still need another 700 or so billion to balance the budget at todays spending.. so I need you guys to help me find another 700 billion. Then we can discuss free healthcare and college and whatever the hell else you want.




We're going to eliminate defense entirely.

That is your plan.

How old are you?

EDIT: OOPS! This is the OP, which I didn't notice, and I took him literally...so GLAD I was wrong! :-)
edit on 10-10-2011 by GeorgiaGirl because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Thutmose
 


They didn't call it "Class Warfare" when they were taking it from us.



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
How about leveling the playing field and quit welfare for the corporations. Oil companies making record profits, paying no taxes and receiving taxpayer subsidies.

How about taking away the farm subsidies for not growing crops to keep the prices up?

How about propping up companies that are "to big to fail" like banks.

and last but not least.....

costofwar.com...

You are such a hypocrite targeting social programs and ignoring taxpayer funded welfare for big business. Troll!


Ok, how much does that save us?

I just want you to know that when you call me a troll it turns me on.



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted
 


Let's start by say.... ending our little adventures in the Middle East?

We're well past the point of getting any meaningful return out of Iraq and Afghanistan. The locals can and will wait us out. Let 'em kill each other, I don't really care.

What I do care about is ending the frivolous use of our military forces.



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl
 


I am not for eliminating defense entirely. I am just trying to help all the Liberal, Marxists, and Socialists to get the picture that if we cut all of what they hate it still isnt enough to pay for all the social programs they want.



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
How about leveling the playing field and quit welfare for the corporations. Oil companies making record profits, paying no taxes and receiving taxpayer subsidies.

How about taking away the farm subsidies for not growing crops to keep the prices up?

How about propping up companies that are "to big to fail" like banks.

and last but not least.....

costofwar.com...

You are such a hypocrite targeting social programs and ignoring taxpayer funded welfare for big business.

or are you trolling for stars and flags form your sockpuppet buddies?
edit on 10-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)


I agree with those, as well. End favoritism to certain corporations, and end subsidies. No more "too big to fail." Those are all necessary steps.



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil
reply to post by Convicted
 


Let's start by say.... ending our little adventures in the Middle East?

We're well past the point of getting any meaningful return out of Iraq and Afghanistan. The locals can and will wait us out. Let 'em kill each other, I don't really care.

What I do care about is ending the frivolous use of our military forces.


I already eliminated the entire defense budget and we still need another 750 billion a year just to get to break even. So can you give us some more ideas please?



posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Convicted
Lets take SG-17 and Unachispas ideas.

Lets tax the rich those making over a million another 5%.. Thats about 50 billion a year. And lets eliminate defense entirely. Thats about 650 billion. Lets just make it 700 billion. So now we have 750 billion per year, so that would cut the deficit in half at current spending levels. Lets not account that we just laid off 1 million people in the military and millions more supplying defense support.

So we still need another 700 or so billion to balance the budget at todays spending.. so I need you guys to help me find another 700 billion. Then we can discuss free healthcare and college and whatever the hell else you want.



Firstly, you don't have to eliminate the military entirely. Those in the military can all still keep their jobs or work for PMCs. Most of the military spending comes from supplying active bases in the Middle East and Asia.


Anyway,

You forgot about removing corporate person-hood and properly taxing corporations as well. Tax breaks would be given to corporations who reverse outsource returning huge amounts of jobs to US soil. The increase in production makes the United States, once again, the largest exporter rather than importer. With the factories back in the US we would no longer have to subsidize China by paying for their factories. This alone would generate large amounts of money. Next, completely end the war on drugs. Legalize, regulate, and tax marijuana, coc aine (but not crack), '___', etc. The drugs whose harm does not exceed alcohol or tobacco. More billions saved and generated.

It is going to take us decades to get out of the hole that Reagan began digging no matter what we do. But if we don't do something fast the hole will just get deeper.




top topics



 
2
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join