It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Devolping Mind Searching for Complete Illumination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hello, this is my first post here on the ATS so I will give you a bit of my background. I am 20 years old, grew up in a very small town on the Oregon Coast in a non-religious home as an only child. My Mother is very spiritual and believes in a higher power and is a stay at home mom but my Father is a hard-working blue collar individual. I grew up knowing that you have to work hard for what you receive but soon realized it's more about who you know than how hard you work. I have never once had a challenge in my academic life, graduating high school with honors 3.94 accumulative (excelled in:mathematics, science, and film) and thought I knew exactly what I wanted to after high school. I moved to Avondale, AZ right after graduating high school to attend Universal Technical Institute to study automotive. I quickly learned that combustion engines were very simple to me and began to look for more of a challenge. Still attending UTI, I searched for a academic challenge but still with little success. I studied jet engines because I thought joining the air force might be my path to enlightenment, wrong. For some reason everything just seemed really simple to me and I just could not find a challenge!! I'm not trying to say I know everything about everything because that is NOT the case at all but I do believe that I have a unique ability to absorb knowledge. My stay at UTI went very quickly and realized I now did not know exactly what I wanted to do after graduating. A couple weeks before graduation, I'm receiving phone calls from all over the country asking if I was searching for employment because apparently it's uncommon to get a 4.0 GPA and not miss a single minute of class. I knew from attending school everyday with the future technicians of the field that I was very different from them but I did not exactly know why. I knew that I didn't want to work on cars for a career but rather a hobby so I began looking for a more fulfilling job. Honestly, the only thing I was completely sure of was that I wanted to handle million dollar transactions so I began attending real estate seminars and vocalizing my dreams. I was VERY quickly took in by a private investment firm in Mesa, AZ by a gentlemen who obviously saw my potential. I was thrown right in with the sharks making phone calls to investors across the country the very first day and proved my worth the first week making the company close to 100k almost effortlessly! After a couple months working here, I've realized I really am unique and do possess traits well beyond my years. I love my job and am very grateful for the position I'm in but I am the kind of person that won't settle for nothing but the best. I'm still searching for a challenge with little success. Right now I am in a point in my life where I'm questioning everything around me and looking for my path to illumination. This is the reason I am here, I need help. I've been reading articles and posts on this website and many others that point me to quantum physics as I seem to have the ability to see the bigger picture. I won't share my experience with the "universe" or "holy spirit" with just anyone but I do need to find a mentor to help explain some of the experiences I've had. I am currently considering going back to school but I don't want to pay for an experience I will be disappointed with. I am definitely a self learner and have absolutely no problem with motivation so traditional schooling does not work well for me. I have always went and found the information I was searching for rather than waiting around for it to be taught. I want to know the unknown and I'm not gonna wait around for it to be common knowledge. I just need the proper guidance and that's why I am asking for your help please.

Thank you,

S2

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I feel the same way, I was actually just Googling around just before I seen your post on newest topic, looking for Think Tanks or some sort of organization that is more fulfilling then what the "common" work enviroment has to offer. I can relate to what it's like in school, I had the chance to go from the beginning of grade 5 to grade 7 but I passed on that oppertunity and fun with friends with a vibrant social life. School was just boring, no effort, took french immersion to keep my attention span up..etc etc( theres more to the story, but I think the point is made).....People with exceptional learning ability and new conceptual ways need to find some legit innovative companies to let it out...or we will just have to start them up ourselves.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ya, it is a blessing and a curse! According to modern society, if I don't have a BA or Masters apparently I'm not intelligent. Well that's not the case at all, I've studied for most cases more than the average university graduate and plan to use that knowledge for my own personal growth. Recently I have been involving myself with many occult teachings that have brought great knowledge to me. I feel alone though. My friends don't understand the I can comprehend anymore and it seems like the only person who can understand is my mother. She doesn't understand the more complicated things that are arising now tho. I know there is something BIG I should be doing, I wake up every day and just know it... I just need some guidance from the wise. I will be very willing to explain more, I just don't feel comfortable sharing my illumination with everyone. Secrets are kept by the elite and I plan to never let them go.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Welcome!
I know where you're at, I graduated wyotech top of my class and turned my hobby into a career. 6 years later I have learned this:

Work to live!
Not,
Live to work.

What I mean is dont chase money thinking it will bring you a life, chase a life and get the money you need to live it.

Ps the only challenge that will satisfy your craving is being self sustained. You are too talented to work for a boss, become your own man and let your hard work determine your own success. Could you really accept 100 percent of your effort translated into 80 percent gain for someone else?
edit on 10/10/2011 by Deafseeingeyedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by S2thetruth

Here's what you need. It will require the revesal of awareness. We are all accustomed of looking outward, whereas to know the unkown requires flipping awareness onto itself and looking at itself. The quickest route to the Unknown is through the hearing and deciphering of knowledge.

I've done and read it all pretty much. The highest knoweldge that you can find that will bring you to the brink of the Vast Infinite Unknown is Advaita Vedanta. Pour over this subject for as long as it takes. Read Ramana Maharshi, Nisargadatta, John Greven, Sailor Bob Adamson, Jeff Foster, as well as Aziz Kriistof (Anadi).

These guys will take you to the brink just from knowledge and understanding, the rest of the way requires you turn the key and open the door. If you want to come to this awakening through your personal chosen religion, then you must discard the outer exoteric, and envelope yourself in the inner esoteric mystical tradition.

It is doable, but I do warn you that it is the same as Neo taking the Red pill. You will Never Ever be the same and there is no coming back no matter how hard you try to come back from it. From the perspective of the Infinite Vastness, everything else that world holds dear (money, fame, sex, power, drugs, ego,) becomes absolutely meaningless and as dust to the wind. You will be standing alone as an unmovable mountain and 99.9% of people won't understand where you are coming from, and yet your own response to that will be of compassion.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it.. Money is not an issue for me, I have the ability to go out and make whatever I want with the knowledge I've received from UTI and my current job. What I am searching for is knowledge. I have experienced some intense visions practicing power meditations and have learned some quite interesting stuff about myself and my past lives. I'm not all that confused because I have been researching as much as possible but rather looking for like-minded individuals to share some experiences and grow further to achieve my 100% potential.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

PERFECT! I will read as much as possible tonight and plan on contributing to this site as much as I can. I thank you all for your support!!

S2

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Complete illumination, Samadhi, Nirvana, is achieved with a well centered mind, one that is focused on the absolute, and which transcends the sense perceptions and towards the Self. To be one in this state is to be free of all desire and self-gathered. This is the peace of bliss on earth. Liberation from material aggregation. When you return to sensory world, it is as easy as waking up from a dream, and your mind is focused and alert, ready to go into deep meditation again.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I do this every single night and recently I've been receiving messages and thoughts of special powers I hold. Sounds crazy to everyone else but I knew the people on here would understand. I have no fear of these powers or the visions I receive. I have taken the bite out the tree of knowledge, the effects of the red pill are arriving I'm just curious to where to take em!

new topics

top topics

join