It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything you should know about HEXOGEN and be very afraid of...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This is some info. about hexogen that I found to be interesting. After reading about it's use in the downing of the two Russian planes, (and hearing of it for the first time), I began to do a bit of research into it. It seems that there are tons of this explosive material that are unaccounted for and subsequently are being sold on the black market. I am also wondering whether or not anyone else may have come across additional info. concerning hexogen?

Cyclonite, or hexogen, RDX is a white crystalline solid usually used in mixtures with other explosives, oils, or waxes; it is rarely used alone. It has a high degree of stability in storage and is considered the most powerful and brisant of the military high explosives.

Slump in prices on Russian hexogen

"Two young Russian men were detained in the town of Gorny, Saratov Province (in Volga region, Central Russia) when they attempted to sell a pail with eight kilograms of hexogen.
P. Zhukov, and his buddy S. Potapov (these names are quoted in the official police report) got hold of the explosives (under the guise of a pail of flour) through their friends. To make a quick buck (or a quick ruble, rather), they decided to sell the merchandise for 1,500 Russian rubles (about $ 50 US dollars) per kilo. After unsuccessful 'market research' attempts, they found some 'buyers', who happened to be undercover police officers
Hexogen is an explosive with great destroying power. The amount of this substance seized would be quite enough for destroying a factory, a multi-story building or an entire residential block, depending on the professional training of a demolition man. In its outward appearance hexogen very much looks like flour, sugar, or fertilizers, which sometimes makes it harder for ordinary citizens to identify this substance"

The above excerpts can be found at:

www.kavkazcenter.com...

DECLARATION
"On March 5, 2002 I, Nikita Sergeevich Chekulin, the former acting director of the scientific Research Institute �Roskonversvzryvtsentr� of the Ministry of Education of Russia, made a statement criticizing Russian officials for having concealed facts and prevented the investigation of the system of theft of explosive substances, their illegal distribution on the territory of Russia and also the illegal export from the country components of jet-propelled projectiles and rockets."

"On March 5, 2002 I first made public the fact that there were indications of the theft of 5 tonnes of hexogen slabs from army unit No. 92 919."

The above excerpt can be found in the total text at:

english.terror99.ru...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I read through it, but I have a question: Does Russia use HEXOGEN in its AA warheads?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
HEXOGEN - RDX compositions are mixtures of RDX, other explosive ingredients, and desensitizers or plasticizers. Incorporated with other explosives or inert material at the manufacturing plants, RDX forms the base for the following common military explosives: Composition A, composition B, composition C, HBX, H-6 and Cyclotol.

See this link for it's military uses...

www.ordnance.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealFlight
HEXOGEN - RDX compositions are mixtures of RDX, other explosive ingredients, and desensitizers or plasticizers. Incorporated with other explosives or inert material at the manufacturing plants, RDX forms the base for the following common military explosives: Composition A, composition B, composition C, HBX, H-6 and Cyclotol.
See this link for it's military uses...
www.ordnance.org...

Thanks. I was wondering if the PVO/Stranny brought down the airline as opposed to it blowing up.

new topics

top topics

join