It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emmanuel uses Republican ideas to run Chicago. I guess even he knows Liberal plans dont work.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Check out this video from meet the press. Starting at about 12 mins he discusses what he is doing to improve Chicago. Things like competition from private business for Chicago city workers. Cutting healthcare costs for City workers, less waste in government. I guess even Rahm has enough sense to see whats good for the economy.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
He only aligned himself with Democrats because it was convenient for him.
Rahm Emmanuel knows there's no difference between the two. He's a
globalist/zionist, why the hell should he care?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

I guess he cares in the sense that he hopes to keep his job for a long time. He knows liberal ideas are a mess and so he is taking the correct approach and using conservative ideas to help his city improve.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't think he is implementing these policies because they work, but because it puts him in a unique position to ride the "conservative wave".

RE does not care about what works, he cares about what will make him get into office. Hell, he may even get a book deal and TV show on FoxNews if he keeps it up!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I don't think he is implementing these policies because they work, but because it puts him in a unique position to ride the "conservative wave".

RE does not care about what works, he cares about what will make him get into office. Hell, he may even get a book deal and TV show on FoxNews if he keeps it up!

But dont you find it interesting that when its his job on the line, that he goes to what he thinks will work for a better Chicago? Apparently, what he thinks will work are republican ideas.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

Apparently, what he thinks will work are republican ideas.

Yup, and that scares me. If RE thinks it's good policy, we obviously need to take a better look at it.

IMO he is just pulling a "Dick Morris" and changing sides to whatever team is winning. I seriously doubt his change is a matter of what policy is better for Chicago.

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
May 14, 2016

Rahm Emmanuel appointed a task-force made up of police, to deal with police misconduct. Naturally, that didn't work out too well. Why an intelligent street-wise mayor like Rahm thought it would, is beyond me.

Thankfully, he's now realized that only a civilian police oversight agency can do the job properly.

Story: www.chicagotribune.com...

Unfortunately, this will not do a thing to prevent 99.9% of the 6 murders or 42 shootings occurring in Chicago every single week so far this year. (Three killed to start this weekend)

-cwm

posted on May, 15 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well his Republican ideas didn't work. Chicago isn't any better than before he took over.

Chicago is too far gone to be saved - and no it wasn't from "left" ideas. It was simply from politicians directly and indirectly stealing.

top topics

join