It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben & Jerry's supports OWS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
ben and jerry's website

Looks like the ice cream maker has endorsed the movement and has put together a little page and list of complaints or whatever.

I saw it on MSNBC

What do you think?

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Oct 10 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

We know the media will either ignore you or frame the issue as to who may be getting pepper sprayed rather than addressing the despair and hardships borne by so many, or accurately conveying what this movement is about. All this goes on while corporate profits continue to soar and millionaires whine about paying a bit more in taxes. And we have not even mentioned the environment

Even companies admitting the media does this and yet some people still refuse to believe it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
hallelujah! The occupation revolution is really picking up steam! And from ice cream makers!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Ben & Jerrys almost got put out of business by the huge ice cream corporations when they were first gaining steam. They only succeeded because of the buyers complained to the store when they stopped having Ben & Jerry's in stock.

So I'm sure they can relate to the OWS

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Stand with us or stand against us.

Some of the companies are learning well. This is the most important part of the board game that we will witness in the upcoming weeks. This is where the players place their pieces on the game board. This determines what strategy and what power moves will be made in the future. This is the most important part of the game, don't forget it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I love America, everything becomes a money making opportunity, these protesters provide a new demographic to target your products at. The pissed off youth demographic. Get on their side, show solidarity with your consumers.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It's great that this movement is gaining momentum, but I am a bit leary about a "big business" supporting this effort.

Could this be a an effort to delegitamize OWS? I don't know. I like that Ben and Jerry's supports it, but I will be watching what else comes from this.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
obviously none of you know what huge food company owns BJ now. You might want to step back and say WHY?

For the record UNILEVER owns it. yuck..if you were to compare the ingredients now to the ingredients in the original...you would be frightened. Ever since Uni took over they have chemicalized the ice cream....it is crap. Don't waste your money on that toxic crap.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also to add they are using you sheeple as marketing to get you to buy their crappy product because sales have slumped due to people actually reading labels. "We support OWS" hehee he watch the suckers go buy our crap now....

edit on 10-10-2011 by outandopen because: marketing

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Don't worry, the more people, the more useful they become. They can become the physical presence while the original spirit, mind, and heart will be seen creating the demands, the declarations, and the plans of actions. Something a little more sinister is up though, something I'm afraid to type. I have this theory about zombie computers and what some of the people have subjected themselves to by just visiting any Anon affiliated sites (not necessarily Occupy specific sites). There are millions now who have done so out of support for a movement against large institutions and corruption. I wouldn't be surprised if tens of millions of comps are used to strike out against certain factions without the knowledge of the PC owners.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well, starting now I will buy only Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

(I hope they read that).

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Good to know. Another company I won't be giving my money too. The good thing about this is we are getting a clear picture of who the enemy is.

I am the 54% that works and pays my taxes.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
whats to support? OWS makes no sense and everyone knows it... you have to be mentally deficient to be a part of it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by loki41872
Good to know. Another company I won't be giving my money too. The good thing about this is we are getting a clear picture of who the enemy is.

So are the people occupying Wall Street.

The problem is the 1% that does not work, does not pay taxes, and still gets 4 trillion dollar bail-outs... And apparently complimentary tongue-baths from people such as yourself.

Good for ben and jerry's. Too bad their ice cream is garbage (but then I have the luxury of local creameries, soooo)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Wages

Ben & Jerry's used to have a policy that no employee's rate of pay shall exceed seven times that of entry-level employees. In 1995, entry-level employees were paid $8 hourly, and the highest paid employee was President and Chief Operating Officer Chuck Lacey, who earned $150,000 annually. When Ben Cohen resigned as Chief Executive Officer and Ben & Jerry's announced the search for a new CEO in 1995, the company ended the seven-to-one-ratio policy.[29

they are the fat cats Unilever is bad for America a total monopoly company.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Ben & Jerry pay their taxes too!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The more support for the occupations the better!

I do not endorse the ice-cream product as is but it does seem like B&J's was a fairly good company and product at one time.

Each OWS thread that comes up is immediately jumped on by a troll. It seems they sign up to ATS specifically for the purpose of trolling any conversation about OWS. Doesn't make any difference though, keep on coming, am not gonna feed you.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I have been working and paying my taxes since I was 15 years and 9 months old (the minimum age to get a work permit where I lived at that time). I'm 43 now. I helped to support my Grandparents until they passed. I am paying for my son to go to college. I have been laid off and then had to work as a contractor for the next couple of years before I was able to get another full time permanent job. I have, during that time, been surrounded by H1 Visa contractors on and off-shore who were milking the company for grossly incompetently managed projects, constantly way over budget and lacking features. I am one of the 99% and plan to go to Occupy Phoenix next weekend and support the heck out of the Occupy movement!
edit on 10-10201110-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because: Added current age.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
That gives me an excuse to buy some of their ice cream next time I go to the store.
Love me some Chunky Monkey.

Ben and Jerry's has always been a 'socially aware' company. I like 'em, but I love their ice cream.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Ahhh yes , because we all know that the bottom 52% pay no taxes at all.................. riiiight.
Let me guess? You learned that from fox news.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by STEADFast
whats to support? OWS makes no sense and everyone knows it... you have to be mentally deficient to be a part of it.

OWS is a protest of different groups and views

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join