It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only Half of country has heard about the Occupy Wall Street Protests,CNN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Source CNN

(CNN) – Roughly half of all Americans say they have heard of the Occupy Wall Street movement, and although most of the public doesn't have an opinion about the movement, positive views of it outweigh negative views among those who do, according to a new national survey.

An ORC International Caravan Poll released Monday indicates that 51% of Americans say they've heard about the Occupy Wall Street movement, with 49% saying they haven't heard about the demonstrations, which started in New York City 24 days ago and have spread to cities across the country.

I know that polls are meaningless but this one is sure qutie interesting

According to the survey, 27% say they agree with the movement's overall position on the financial system and social change, with 19% saying disagree with Occupy Wall Street on those issues. Fifty-four percent of those questioned have no firm opinion about Occupy Wall Street - consistent with the 49% who say they have not heard of the movement at all.

where do the 49% live?
yet they know that obama started two wars but they dont know that there is a Occupy Wall Street worldwide protest happening? is this poll for for real?

meanwhile on CNN.com they have new quick poll where they asked
Do you plan to participate in a Wall Street protest?

Yes 20% 17700

No 80% 69722

I guess the 69722 people who voted no at the new CNN quick poll dont want to participate in a Wall Street protest are bunch of sheeps who need and watch the brainwashing mainstream news networks, why bother of participating well the CNN does all the thinking for you?

i really do mean that some people are really just bunch of sheeps, and dont have a clue on about the wall street, nor the that fact the market stocks are been manipulated right this moment.

I guess CNN viwevers are to easily brainwashed the same can be said about the fox news viwevers.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I read the results and it showed they only polled 1,005 Americans. Average small towns are bigger than this sampling

The results also say that 60% of polled don't use social media to keep them up to date on current events. Everyone I know, has at least one friend on their friends list that discusses current events (and it isn't just me).

Not too mention local, national news has been reporting OWS events in NYC and nearby.

I think the surveyors polled too small of a sampling and possibly an extreme age group (too young or too old), to get the results they want.

I think it's completely inaccurate of CNN to report that half of America doesn't know there's protests in nearly all major cities.

Survey results that were linked in CNN article.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The propaganda machine know as MSM will be none stop now that the OCS has become re-elect Obama campaign. Al Gore called for it about 2 weeks before it began. Well meaning people truly wanting change were enticed to take to the streets. Now they will see it change into call for more of the same old same old in their names and using their faces. If any of these people truly are sick and tired of being sick and tired they are going to have to disengage from this media stunt. They will have to regroup and rename themselves making sure that it is truly what it was meant to be. Non-political, non-organized, non-religious, and throw anyone who is trying to circumvent the message out.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It's a delicate dance they walk. They need to bring in enough malcontents, losers and drug addicts so that the violence escalates, without scaring off their leftist base. There is plenty of exposure in the national media from what I can see. However there is precious little about Kalle Lasn, the communist agitator who started this, and it's funding from George Soros.

I believe this is part of the Obama-stays-in-power plan. Create civil unrest, declare martial law and call off the elections. At the very least Obama will be able to continue to play the class warfare card and blame the Republicans for not allowing him to confiscate all of America's hard earned wealth.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Wheres the proof for this?

I believe this is part of the Obama-stays-in-power plan. Create civil unrest, declare martial law and call off the elections.

In Canada we are also going to have these protests next week.

new topics

top topics

join