It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Plan Red

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I watched an interesting programme on the BBC recently, about the USA's 'War Plan Red' and subsequently read some Wikipedia articles. This has got me to thinking. War plan red was essentially a plan hatched by the American military in the 1920s/30s as preparation for a war with the UK. The logic behind it seems to me to be that as one great empire (the UK) falls and another rises (the US), historically speaking war always ensues. It is my belief that the outbreak of war in Europe in 1939, and the eventual American alignment with the other allies was the only thing that stopped a full on UK-USA shooting match.

Now, as the USA declines and China and India rise, do you think the Chinese or the Indians have a plan? Do you think war with one of the 2 new powers is a foregone conclusion? Or can it be avoided? I'd like to hear opinions on this. Your Mr Obama must surely have something up his sleeve too.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 00bil

The USA has a plan, its called consume all the foreign oil and stockpile the local oil. When the oil runs out overseas then we use our oil to take over the world.

Also, I think this topic was recently posted.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
World war 3 isn't a possibilty, its an eventuality.

With the world economy on the verge of implosion the "elites" grip on control will wane. Hence the set up and need of a third world war.

And yes other countries do have war plans. Google them.

ALS

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

yeah lol but remember there's probably only 20-30 years of oil left....also I looked for similar posts to add to and vent my spleen but in the end concluded a new thread liked me better.

Maybe the next war will be for control of the oil reserves underneath the ice caps once they've melted

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Someone I used to work for once told me the U.S. Military has been the one all along De-Industrializing America. Supposedly they want to Conserve our Resources as much as possible while tricking other countries into Polluting Theirs. But that never really made much sense to me because eventually if the plan is to takeover, why would you want a wasteland??

This is the same person that told me back in the mid 90's, America has huge surpluses of Oil Tapped/Untapped under Los Angeles and Alaska that they are saving for when they disrupt Oil production for the rest of the world by bombing the Middle East.

Now what he was saying makes a little more sense, it also plays into why they are with holding Energy Technology. Because if they can be the only ones able to supply their Troops with Power/Gas, War just became a lot easier...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
USA has/had other War plan (insert colour here)s. They're there so that if war were to happen, USA would be able to get to it right away. The war plans aren't there because America is planning on invading, but are there just in case an incident occurred and war was to be started. Just being Prepared.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00bil
I watched an interesting programme on the BBC recently, about the USA's 'War Plan Red' and subsequently read some Wikipedia articles. This has got me to thinking. War plan red was essentially a plan hatched by the American military in the 1920s/30s as preparation for a war with the UK. The logic behind it seems to me to be that as one great empire (the UK) falls and another rises (the US), historically speaking war always ensues. It is my belief that the outbreak of war in Europe in 1939, and the eventual American alignment with the other allies was the only thing that stopped a full on UK-USA shooting match.

Now, as the USA declines and China and India rise, do you think the Chinese or the Indians have a plan? Do you think war with one of the 2 new powers is a foregone conclusion? Or can it be avoided? I'd like to hear opinions on this. Your Mr Obama must surely have something up his sleeve too.

I dont think its the Chinese or Indians as people, its about the mentality of our leaders. The way things are going it would be wise to send all our western potential leaders for an independant public psych evaluation, lol. It only takes a couple of psycho leaders from any country to start a war. The bankers love war, it distracts people from the banking theivery.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by annonymous1234
USA has/had other War plan (insert colour here)s. They're there so that if war were to happen, USA would be able to get to it right away. The war plans aren't there because America is planning on invading, but are there just in case an incident occurred and war was to be started. Just being Prepared.

I do apologise for not making that clearer in the OP, it was a plan in case there was a war with the UK, not a plan to invade the UK lol - and I saw on wikipedia some of the other colours.

I'm assuming that Obama, Cameron, Sarkozy, Merkel (or their military advisors) will be drawing up plans in case of war with the rising powers

In history, it always seems to happen when a superpower falls - Egypt, Rome, the Ottomans

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 00bil

Your apology is unnecessary. Peace be with you.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'd say most of the major nations have war plans for wars against the other major nations. War between India/China, while possible, isn't a certainty like one of the other posters said. Who knows what the balance of power will look like even 10-20 years from now. It's interesting to think about though

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00bil

Originally posted by annonymous1234

I do apologise for not making that clearer in the OP, it was a plan in case there was a war with the UK, not a plan to invade the UK lol - and I saw on wikipedia some of the other colours.

I'm assuming that Obama, Cameron, Sarkozy, Merkel (or their military advisors) will be drawing up plans in case of war with the rising powers

In history, it always seems to happen when a superpower falls - Egypt, Rome, the Ottomans

Don't expect Cameron to have a war plan, he cuts everything he sees. He's cut our armed forces down to 80k. I sincerely hope we stay out of the next world war or atleast increase our armed forces to 400k, but the useless arse wont cause hes too scared to spend.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yep...the US has more oil in than does Saudi Arabia. The US's plan all along has been to consume and control all the foreign oil first then, tap its own huge deposits after the oil in ME is gone.

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
reply to post by 00bil

The USA has a plan, its called consume all the foreign oil and stockpile the local oil. When the oil runs out overseas then we use our oil to take over the world.

Also, I think this topic was recently posted.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

The markets did fairly well today, well in Canada atleast.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

The markets are like a rollercoaster with loose nuts and bolts. It will still go up and down, round and round, loop the loop but eventually the nuts will fail and the whole rollercoaster will collapse. Taking the passengers with it.

ALS

new topics

top topics

join