It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain looks and acts more Presidential by the day!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Is this not what Barrack Obama did? You all trying to get done twice over here these guys that are up there for the republics little is known about them and they basically touch on certain issues going on to make it look like they are going to help you out. Personally if I was an American I would be going for the one person who has said the same thing over and over again without doing back flips on what he said before. Think you all know who I'm talking about

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
So he looks and acts a certain way and hes got your vote?
thank god hes got no chance.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by proximo
For anyone supporting Cain I want to ask you a question. Why was he getting no traction, less than 5% in polls through several debates and then all of the sudden he jumps 20 points and is the clear leader of the pack. Does that not make you at all suspicious of him? Same thing happened with McCain at the end of the last election by the way - he almost withdrew he was doing so poorly than all of the sudden miraculously for no reason at all he was the frontrunner, and this was before Palin. These elections are rigged it is obvious all you have to do is use common sense.

Can anyone really win that many people over that fast, and have the media suddenly start fawning over them unless the media and the pollsters want him to suddenly lead the pack? They tried to force feed us Perry but he self destructed so badly they have abandoned him, so they are now propping up corrupt option number 2.

The fact that the media is on his side should tell you all you need to know - he is corrupt slime. That is the only kind of politicians they support, if you haven't figured that out by now you just have not been paying attention.

Ron Paul may not be perfect - but the fact the media is fighting against him, and ignoring him at all costs is exactly what tells you he is the best candidate for the People - It means the establishment doesn't want him elected. Unless you are one of that top 1% you are not establishment - and that should tell you all you need to know about who to vote for.

I can tell you why. He's suddenly gotten the attention of America. I'm talking about the average person, who is NOT on ATS. They like what they see. They watched the debate in Florida and saw how petty Romney and Perry looked. Average America thinks Ron Paul is kooky. Herman Cain says things that resonate with people.

People all around me are suddenly talking about Herman Cain. Even before the media started calling him a front runner, I saw friends posting about him on Facebook. That's where the momentum is coming from...people who know Cain, like Cain. He has ALWAYS had the highest "positive name intensity" (I believe that is the terminology they use.)

Like him or not, the average American sees something in him. And since the average American isn't sitting around worrying about "Bilderberg shills", I think Herman has a real chance.

Everyone should read his autobiography, "This is Herman Cain." I finished it over the weekend, and he is an inspirational man.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
at least cain knows who to protest unlike those people who elected the last potus sitting on wall street

stamping their feet and throwing temper tantrums and screaming "dont do that!"

oh and at least cain knows how to run a business unlike oh now what was his name oh its right on the tip of my tongue starts with an O and ended up being the biggest failure in this nations history.
edit on 10-10-2011 by neo96 because: hate typos

Cain knows who to protest? And who exactly is that? Because I thought we should be protesting the for profit private central bank that thinks its Federal even though its private. I mean, if you're saying that Cain knows he should be protesting The Federal Reserve even though he worked for The Federal Reserve... then I dont know. But I doubt thats what you're saying.

The constitution clearly states that the money should be left in the hands of the people. It should not be handed over to a private central bank that our founders were strictly against. We didnt even have a central bank in this country until 1913. Wallstreet is just a byproduct of a system rebuilt around the idea that the top 1% control the rest of the 99% of slaves. If you're all for being nothing more than a glorified slave, as Thomas Jefferson warned us about, then vote for Cain. I'll vote for the only man on the stage that wants to end the illegal and undeclared wars that are bankrupting us.

Ron Paul 2012.
edit on 11-10-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
On first listen, he doesn't strike me as a leader. Voice, mannerisms... everything. I can't even take this guy seriously to be honest.

I felt the same way with Obama on his first speech. They don't have that tone. It's a deep soulful tone that comes when you speak with conviction that let's me know you mean what you say, and you're really about something.

And it comes from all walks of life. One who had it was Ted Kennedy.

But this guy, I don't know. We'll see though.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

I can tell you why. He's suddenly gotten the attention of America. I'm talking about the average person, who is NOT on ATS. They like what they see. They watched the debate in Florida and saw how petty Romney and Perry looked. Average America thinks Ron Paul is kooky. Herman Cain says things that resonate with people.

People all around me are suddenly talking about Herman Cain. Even before the media started calling him a front runner, I saw friends posting about him on Facebook. That's where the momentum is coming from...people who know Cain, like Cain. He has ALWAYS had the highest "positive name intensity" (I believe that is the terminology they use.)

Like him or not, the average American sees something in him. And since the average American isn't sitting around worrying about "Bilderberg shills", I think Herman has a real chance.

Everyone should read his autobiography, "This is Herman Cain." I finished it over the weekend, and he is an inspirational man.

Ok first off, you know what that last sentence reminds me of, the countless Barack Obama supporters from 4 years ago, you should read his autobiography he is a great man. How did that turn out?

In case you don't get my point - any autobiography released before an election is going to be a pure PR whitewash. You are reading his campaign ad Deluxe edition, you are submitting to be programmed. To think you are going to get any reliable facts from such material says you are compromised, to pick it up in the first place you are trying to have your best hopes confirmed.

Look at the parallels, Cain has very little political experience - not much of a track record you can nail him down on, that's convenient. Pretty similar to Obama, but like Obama what little there is, (he was a Fed chairman) is concerning. Second he is Black, great way to get all the republicans who have been called racists for supporting Obama a chance to prove the Democrats wrong. Of course their opposition had almost nothing to do with race, but the Dems were fed that crap in their media to spit it back at Republicans as an excuse to not look into what Republicans were pointing out about their mesiah. It had the added bonus of painting the Republicans as even more evil and a greater enemy. Now they are using this lie against you, even if it is only a very tiny factor in Republican support - it is there.

Stop believing the America fairytale - 99% of politicians are running for their own power and greed, not to serve the country. They are our enemy, they have proven over and over again they are not working for the people, they almost all break their campaign promises at an alarming rate. Please if you get nothing else for this post get that - look at politicians track records and judge them on that - that is the only way you can get any truth. If the candidate does not have a track record - that should make you very suspicious.

As far as your social media explosion as the reason Cain exploded, give me a break. First off who predominately watches debates - old people, and not very many of them watch. They are not exactly huge users of twitter and facebook. Second are you seriously going to tell me that Ron Paul supporters who own the internet and have been spamming him for year can't get him a surge in popularity from the internet but a few Cain supporters can?

I was paying attention perhaps you were not - Cain started getting his media exposure because of his move in the polls - not because of his great debate performance. Everyone started going wow that's a big move in the polls maybe we need to give him some attention. RED FLAG, polls can and are manipulated, and most people are dumb enough to support who they think is the winner, whether they know anything about them or not.

Again I am going to say this - Ron Paul has an incredibly consistent track record, his opponents do not. I do not agree with several of his positions - but I actually know where he stands, and no candidate is perfect.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by proximo

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Ok first off, you know what that last sentence reminds me of, the countless Barack Obama supporters from 4 years ago, you should read his autobiography he is a great man. How did that turn out?

In case you don't get my point - any autobiography released before an election is going to be a pure PR whitewash. You are reading his campaign ad Deluxe edition, you are submitting to be programmed. To think you are going to get any reliable facts from such material says you are compromised, to pick it up in the first place you are trying to have your best hopes confirmed.

I did read Barack Obama's autobiography prior to his election. It scared me to death. His values are not my values. Herman Cain's values are my values.

Barack Obama had no track record of ANY significant accomplishments. Herman Cain's are many.

I'm sorry-but there's really no comparison.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by proximo

Stop believing the America fairytale - 99% of politicians are running for their own power and greed, not to serve the country.

And that is also why Herman Cain is different. He is not a career politician. I think he genuinely wants to serve the country. I've been listening to him on the Atlanta talk radio station for years, and have always liked him.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
All wannabee US presidents tell the truth...

Sec.line.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by proximo

As far as your social media explosion as the reason Cain exploded, give me a break. First off who predominately watches debates - old people, and not very many of them watch. They are not exactly huge users of twitter and facebook. Second are you seriously going to tell me that Ron Paul supporters who own the internet and have been spamming him for year can't get him a surge in popularity from the internet but a few Cain supporters can?

I didn't explain myself very well, then. I don't think social media CAUSED him to surge. What I meant was I noticed the surge ON social media from my family and friends who were suddenly talking about Cain. In fact, of ALL of my friends and family on Facebook, the ONLY candidates I've EVER seen mentioned by ANYONE as their favorites are Paul, Cain, and Obama. I've NEVER seen one of my friends or family post anything supporting Perry, Romney, etc. Those others just don't seem to excite people enough to inspire FB posts.

Perhaps it was the media attention that caused many people to focus on Cain (but I don't think that's true for everyone.) Maybe only old people you know watch debates, but I think you're wrong there. Maybe it depends on your definition of old. I'm 42, and I'll be tuned in tonight.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If you mean "corporate sock puppet" when saying "more presidential"...well, you're spot on

And let's not forget who his main donors are...and the crimes those guys committed:

More presidential my ass

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Herman Cain's platform as shown by Herman Cain.

Video #1 I am Moses and intend to force feed Christianity to you, but ill do it at 9% of what you make as opposed to God who does it for 10%.

Video #2 It isn't made in America because it is cheaper to make elsewhere, if you want to compete with the rest of world you have to be willing to settle for lower wages. Translation of the day: Global competitiveness = Americans reducing themselves to slave labor.

Video #3 We need to reread the Constitution it's full of good stuff. Too bad I don't know the Declaration of Independence from the The Constitution, it is just they are both so full of good stuff I get confused.

Video #4 My corporate donors are great Americans who will happily hire people to discredit social safety nets while assuring that he will be able to use them once he is here to help with their plan take them away.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Candidates such as Herman Cain and Ron Paul will always do well in polls, because they say things that are, although controversial, radical enough to catch the interest of disgruntled voters. They espouce ideas and concepts that sound really good. They are the Cinderella at the ball (sorry I had to go there) but in the end it's simply a fairy tale.

Candidates such as Herman Cain and Ron Paul don't get the nomination, and don't win as indepenents because those same ideas are almost impossible to actually carry out. They are radical ideas, but they would get no support from Congress and now you have what amounts to a lame duck President. Voters, by and large, will vote for either the Republican nominee or the Democrat nominee. Since neither Cain nor Paul will be the Republican nominee, and since everyone on these boards knows that Mitt Romney will be the Republican nominee (even if they deny it with all their might) Cinderella still comes crashing down at midnight.

Cain and Paul both have radical ideas that people rally for but would they would never, ever accomplish those radical goals even if they were elected.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Spot on...and the reason I always have to roll my eyes whenever I read a "Bachman will be the GOP nominee", or "Cain acts presidential" thread

Comon' people, even if you like the guy (and I wouldn't know why in the case of Cain), you have to realize that there's ZERO chance he'll ever be elected president. And yup, RP's in the same boat, no matter how much you pretend he isn't. He tried sooooooo many times, and always failed...and he'll continue to fail. Stop acting like that high school nerd carrying the bag of the pretty girl hoping she'll hook up with you eventually. It ain't happening, sorry

edit on 11-10-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

RP's in the same boat, no matter how much you pretend he isn't. He tried sooooooo many times, and always failed...and he'll continue to fail.

Yup, because you somehow know the future......

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
reply to post by MrXYZ

RP's in the same boat, no matter how much you pretend he isn't. He tried sooooooo many times, and always failed...and he'll continue to fail.

Yup, because you somehow know the future......

Yep. I'm willing to make my only big prediction and prophesize that Ron Paul will not get the GOP nomination. He has grand ideas (not all of them good ones) that people know Congress will not go for. Why would people vote for someone with ideas that they know won't ever come to fruition? Are we not experiencing this same phenomenon with Obama currently? And Paul is far more extreme than Obama.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

You are totally unimportant to me.

I was specifically talking to, MrXYZ.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
at least cain knows who to protest unlike those people who elected the last potus sitting on wall street

stamping their feet and throwing temper tantrums and screaming "dont do that!"

oh and at least cain knows how to run a business unlike oh now what was his name oh its right on the tip of my tongue starts with an O and ended up being the biggest failure in this nations history.
edit on 10-10-2011 by neo96 because: hate typos

really?...your buddy cain can't dictate from the mount like he does with his pizza company, he has to go through congress and the supreme court. he has no plans, no political staff, and godfathers pizza is not that good anyway, it's a glorified dominos at best. but, on the other hand, for republicans, he's perfect. he could make all of his white house staff part time, pay them minumum wage, no benefits...now that's the way to run a country

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

Why, because he is such a good liar?
edit on 12-10-2011 by MsAphrodite because: Edited to add link to Cain's lie.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
reply to post by Convicted

if you consider a FED puppet what this country needs...then ya sure...i'll lay my cards elsewhere though...

Please explain how being part of the Federal Reserve for THREE YEARS, makes Herman Cain a "puppet"?
How does that one year wipe out all the man has managed to accomplish?

After completing his master's degree from Purdue, Cain left the Department of the Navy and began working for The Coca-Cola Company as a business analyst. In 1977, he joined Pillsbury where he rose to the position of Vice President by the early 1980s. He left his executive post to work for Burger King –a Pillsbury subsidiary at the time –managing 400 stores in the Philadelphia area. Under Cain's leadership, his region went from the least profitable for Burger King to the most profitable in three years. This prompted Pillsbury to appoint him President and CEO of Godfather's Pizza, another of their then-subsidiaries.

Within 14 months, Cain had returned Godfather's to profitability. In 1988, Cain and a group of investors bought Godfather's from Pillsbury. Cain continued as CEO until 1996, when he resigned to become CEO of the National Restaurant Association –a trade group and lobby organization for the restaurant industry –where he had previously been chairman concurrently with his role at Godfather's. [9] Cain became a member of the board of directors to the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City in 1992 and served as its chairman from January 1995 to August 1996, when he resigned to become active in national politics. [10] Cain was a 1996 recipient of the Horatio Alger Award.

Cain supports a non-federally subsidized efficient economic stimulus, saying: "We could grow this economy faster if we had bolder, more direct stimulus policies," criticizing President Barack Obama's stimulus plan as simply a "spending bill" instead of meaningful stimulus through permanent tax cuts.

wikipedia

I agree with the OP. Cain does have a fire in his belly. He has a detailed plan on how to turn the economy around and a proven track record. He has the ability to turn America around and restore it to what it should be not what it could be.

Face it, Herman Cain scares the hell out of Obama and his cronies. He understands freedom of speech and is not afraid to use it. The man cares nothing about being politically correct, he just calls it as he sees it. I would even go as far to say, by the time the election rolls around he will probably have democrats baking him up.

Pax
edit on 10/12/2011 by paxnatus because: was accused of lying for a misquote so i fixed it

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join