It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A SHTF story compiled by your fellow ATS'ers (thoughts and ideas thread)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Setting - post SHTF United states, the world has been overrun by a plague causing social and economic collapse the world is in ruins. A group of survivors have fled to a remote part of the Southern Rockies and set up a village in a strategic lower mountain pass. The village is guarded on three sides by sheer mountain cliffs.

The cast-

Leader-

Second in command-

Chief medical officer-

Chief ag mind-

Chief electrician- crimsongod21- versed in building of- power generators, transformers, and electrical grids.

Chief security officer-

Lone wolf-

Camp Pharmysist- BrokenCircles- not overly skilled, but has lots of meds on him.

Feel free to add any other positions as needed to fill out the story and roster.

to the story- click
edit on 10-10-2011 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2011 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Way to go! S&F&

Important resource: Local Documents on Your Computer

edit on 10/10/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What sort of a plague is it that we're working against here? A biological illness? I can see how that might produce these results, but it will be important to the story line to firm that up - have to watch for the stragglers who might be carriers, you know?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

well another poster gave it a name though one im not so sold on as of yet. I am thinking it could be a man made nano virus that kills almost instantly. though i figured i would leave the description up to our medical professional as i know little about those type of things.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

Aiight. I'll work around it until it gets firmed up, then. Post is up. let me know if that's the sort of thing you're looking for, or if it needs adjustment.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

sounds great and a reply post is up .

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Starting to feel like the Lone ranger over in the story thread. I can hear an echo every time I drop a post into it.

I've not heard whether the Big Camp has extra explosives or not, so a post or two down the road Walt is probably going to have to go with plan B and drop trees across the road as an abattis barrier against their motorcycles to keep the raiders buttoned up in the vicinity of the house while he picks 'em off one at a time...

An abattis would probably work better any how - it will be easier to clear the road after the action than ditching it would be.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

sorry was on a small vacay back now and here we go

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Just popped in to say I'm enjoying what you two have whipped up.

Great stuff that!

Keep up the good work - you've got me in suspense!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

im glad you are enjoying it, please feel free to jump in and contribute.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I really like what you guys have going on in the story thread!

I was wondering if you guys still wanted people to join in b/c I would love to!

I just have a couple of questions though. Then nano plague, what is it exactly? Does it have to kill instantly or does it have lingering side effects that may eventually lead to death? How long has it been since the SHTF in the current storyline? Can I also get a physical description of our two main characters?

Sorry to ask so many questions. I just want to be able to write a little more about what my character may see ^_^.

ETA:
Ok, I see 7 months (way to read, Harlie!) since it all went down.
edit on 26-11-2011 by angrymomma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i would love for some more input in the story thread, i gave it up for dead when i stopped getting replies but feel free to add to it, and when and if you do i will start posting again i still have some great ideas as to where i want this story to lead.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm getting something written on paper right now. I'm gonna try to have something up tonight or tomorrow ^_^.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

great! i cant wait to get this story rolling again.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sorry I don't have my part up yet. I picked up some extra shifts at the hospital and we just had a death in family yesterday. I'm gonna have mine up as soon as possible.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
My part is up as of a few hours ago. I was going to make it longer and then realized I'd be giving too much away. Hope you like it!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

so far its very interesting, could you give me an idea of where your going so i don't mess your part up with my overlap?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I alluded to the fact that she could faintly hear the radio you were listening to to give an idea of her location. I was hoping she would be discovered somewhere outside your camp.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

ok, thats what i was assuming, but i didnt want to get in the way of your story so i thought i would ask.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I guess the story is pretty dead now since I last posted in March and there was nothing else? Bummer!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join