It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avenge Amanda Knox! Give Italy Nothing!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Though you were going to bed?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
Whatever,i'm not sure if she's really 100% innocent.
she got millions in the bank now anyways and from this whole story, she isn't the victim.
Meredith and her family are the victims but no-one mentions them anymore because a pretty american was behind bars in another country.

I, and several others in this thread, have mentioned Meredith several times - specifically saying that by finding out the truth behind who killed her we are doing her memory justice. It's amazing how people seem to skip over those posts.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Yes you're absolutely right. Europe had both world wars but namely the 2nd totally under control without us Americans poking our noses in it. I'd imagine Dday would have been equally as successful were it just the powerful and unfettered Brits invading that beach head. After all their infrastructure was not at all desecrated by German bombings. I'm sure we can both agree that during WW2 almost none of Europe was occupied by the Germans and they were nothing more than a bunch of ninnies.

Judging by that historically accurate map of the German empire during WW2 I can conclusively assert that Europe had the whole thing completely under control and could have easily squashed the German forces with their collective pinky fingers.

Now that we've cleared that up.. Perhaps we should focus on a particular murder case in Italy involving a certain American... of course unless you have a problem staying... On topic

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Kryties

Though you were going to bed?

Stupid (wonderful) iPhone with Wifi connectivity - keeps me awake in bed lol.

I really am going now I promise

Sorry for coming across a litle narky to you earlier - I just feel very strongly about injustice as it has happened (not this bad) to a member if my family.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Knox getting out of jail had more to do with the her X-Boyfriend/Killerfriend and his family's connections. that is what the media is missing.

Italy could careless about her.... but a son of an Italian high-roller.... that is the story.

Almost another perfect crime.... the media missing the real reason she was let out... so he could get out. She is just a coverstory now.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by flexy123

Not bringing up the fact that Amanda Knox was done the way she was by the Italians because they cant' stand Americans is dishonest and if you push it, yes, really naive.

Then you obviously didnt follow the case and see the ECLATANT mistakes they made and the very obvious bias of that prosecutor. Hey, MAYBE the main prosecutor "hates" Americans (this can very well be) - but this would still be a long shot to say that "everyone hates Americans".

By the way, having lived 10 years in the US...but i am German and i know the "average" opinion eg. of us Germans when it comes to the US foreign policy, their politics and politicians. Yes, a HUUUUGE majority is only shaking their heads, eg. after Bush was elected etc..etc.. and does not agree with their politics on MANY levels - but NO WHERE NEAR does this mean that "we hate Americans"...this is just wrong.

I kind of think it's the job of a prosecutor to be biased towards the plaintiff being guilty just as the defence is biased the plaintiff is innocent, not sure how there is any particular racial element to that.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

What a ridiculous arguement. The tide of war turned due to the German invasion of Russia. The war would of lasted longer without US (eventual) support, that is indisputable. However, the war would still have been won without US support. After the Battle of Britain, the RAF controlled the skies (as referenced in many contemporary German accounts) meaning that invasion of Britain was out of the question.

Now the war in the Pacific is clearly a different kettle of fish. Full kudos to the USA for that arena, and, in fairness, for their participation in Europe. It helped end it quicker. It wasn't the reason for success though and it is entirely disingenous to think it did.

And on the topic, this was done to death by about page 3. Everything since then has been pretty pointless.....

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

No problems whatsoever, i also apologise for accusing you (without basis) of being emotive. I genuinely like your posts, even if i do not always agree.........

Anyway, back to my point.......fancy you coming on here and making all sorts of statements that people may not agree with...........shame on you!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkers

Walkers - Although I have to agree with you in that the American government is responsible for many horrific acts, I think the difference in those actions and the Amanda Knox trial is that the majority of Americans don't support the atrocities of our government. We protest, we make documentaries exposing the corruption, we have grass roots organizations aimed at creating a better country for ourselves.

However in this case where a woman has been falsely accused and falsely imprisoned, it seems all of Europe is on board with it. This is what I find the most disturbing. From an outside standpoint this woman is obviously innocent. I was prelaw in college and I've studied many court cases and I know for a fact that this case would never have even made it to court had it been tried in the US. I find it unsettling that Italians are so defensive of a process of law that is so obviously lacking.

I can only come up with two explanations - 1) you see the obvious deficiencies but you are defensive because the criticism is coming from the US or 2) you are delusional and don't see anything wrong with the way the case was handled.

I am tempted to think the second explanation is more true. You may criticize the US all you want, but you can't forget the history of Europe. It was Europe after all that started the slave trade, conquered most native peoples around the world and stole their land. There is a substantial amount of delusion that goes with such actions. All these years later, and it seems Europe has not changed much.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

i know, sorry i didn't mean in the threads but the media. i should have been more clear.
im not an amazing post skipper.
edit on 11/10/2011 by listerofsmeg because: because i can.....................and my typing sucks

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Fair enough
in that case yeah you might be correct actually. The media just see this as making a few dollars no matter who gets hurt or forgotten about.
edit on 11/10/2011 by Kryties because: Last post - I'm going to sleep now I promise!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Panther44

Europe did not the slave trade! Where did you learn such nonsense? Slavery was about from the earliest city states and the wars of the Sumerians, etc.

Most slavery throughout the heyday of the American colonies was actually controlled by the African rulers - yes Europe profited from it and did many terrible things but to say it stems from europe is like saying humans are made from jelly - simply not true.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Fair enough and although I have a rebuttal statement re: WW2 I have chose to just hold my tongue for the sake of the topic at hand. I will say though as I have seen much America bashing in this thread that perhaps Europeans should look in the mirror..

How many European countries are involved directly in American wars right now as we speak? There is definitely blood on the collective hands of the EU..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Perhaps you should look back one or two centuries earlier.. Just saying..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have not forgotten who the Italians sided with in WWII...the Nazis and the Japanese...

Most people dont realize that the first internment camps were in ITALY!

I give the Italians no quarter...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I'm sorry, I forgot I'm talking to someone who needs to have things spelled out for them in big, bold, pretty letters. When I refer to the Slave Trade, I am referring to the commonly referred to Slave Trade that happened in Africa. There have been many forms of slavery such as the slavery that was rampant in the Roman Empire (which is now ITALY) but we won't go into that as I'm sure you'll get confused, and I'll have to draw you a road map to bring you back on topic.

And yes, it was Europe that controlled the slave trade. How do you think your current banking system got started? It was built on the wealth from trading slaves! Read a book sometime! The banks that were constructed during that time even have reliefs that depict the trading of slaves as its foundation for being.

It is common knowledge that Africans sold other Africans to the Europeans, I'm not debating that. But they didn't run the trade. That's simply rewriting history, but I guess it comes naturally to you so maybe you can't be blamed.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

No offense but the only one left talking about the topic at hand is Kryties...
edit on 11-10-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I don't even know who that is

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panther44
reply to post by Walkers

I can only come up with two explanations - 1) you see the obvious deficiencies but you are defensive because the criticism is coming from the US or 2) you are delusional and don't see anything wrong with the way the case was handled.

Or, 3) Dude-guy is being paid by a third party to keep plugging his talking points. Consult any spot-a-shill checklist you care to, this guy hits all the marks.

Not meaning to derail the topic at hand, and never before having cried "shill", but seriously.

Edit to add: Hell, I don't even need to depart from the topic to continue in this vein.

Any institution who is theoretically underwriting aforementioned dude-guy would pretty clearly be vested in fostering Anti-American sentiments. So, maybe the OP's fears there are partially justified.
edit on 11-10-2011 by mistermonculous because: There's the angle.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

My fault.. Kryties... Edit to show such.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join