It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avenge Amanda Knox! Give Italy Nothing!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Full kudos to you for coming out and explaining the point of of your OP. For my my part, i never thought you were racist or bigotted, etc.

I simply thought you were probably having a bad day and this resulted in a silly OP (still think it was silly, sorry). If only everyone could admit to their faults and mistakes the world would be a much less stressed place!

Thank you so much for that, Flavian. I can't tell you how much that means to me after all these pages.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by franzbardon

Text reply to post by Frater210

Holy God!, man!? Did you actually text that whole post? You are awesome.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I did not say thunderstorms, I said Tornadoes, which a thunderstorm can beget. Yes they can predict earthquakes, as seismic activity can be measured. With that said it is not like storm prediction, maybe my analogy was of the weak variety. However with that said unless it is completely rare for an earthquake to hit Italy, there are mathematical probabilities to predict an earthquake. The earthquake in question however I have no knowledge of the circumstances. You based your argument off of suppressed evidence therefore any conclusion that made from there was invalid. If it was completely random then your argument can be construed as correct. However I doubt it was completely random, as there probably were tremors that would have indicated further seismic activity. Also there have been earthquakes historically in the area of Italy and Greece, so using mathematical data they could've predicted the Earthquake to a possible year.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Im actually going to give a star after reflection for this thread as it has served a very useful purpose, whether intentionally or not

It has proved very useful to see who is a reasonable, balanced individual and who, simply, isn't.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Still no mention of Meredeth Kurcher , just like Amanda`s face time when she got out , no mention of her friend that was murdered, no mention of her at all, not even kind words for her family.... Amanda Knox done it , the handling of her / the evidence / and the case as a whole , was a disgrace, american or not - no one should be getting that much preassure applied to have them released from a murder charge.
The problem is - americans defend americans no matter what, just look at this iran / syria thing - "on american soil" - so what ? didnt america "kill" Bin Laden on pakistani soil, infact come to think of it, doesnt america just do what ever it wants on anybody`s soil ? Its a joke.
There was no change in the evidence, it was the same evidence from when she was trialed, and the media storm whipped up by her father and supporters , preassured the italians into releasing her .... there`s been a deal somewhere in there too .... most probably political as usual .... i`d bet my left nut on it.

To be honest , the fact that you think italy should get nothing from america , is what is pi$$ing me off, its people like you who are dragging america through the dirt, you think everyone is sitting cap in hand , relying on america for everything.... you probably think america is respected and worshipped by most of the world too......... thats what happens when idiots educate idiots...... your outburst of foolish , ill informed , nonsense , is an excellent example of what is ruining your country for yourself and the real americans who respect people inside and outside of their country regardless of what`s been said and done.... you see , that`s because real honest sensible american people , know that theres a time to speak , and a time to STFU, unlike you loudmouthed nutjobs who spout off about the first thing that comes into your head, what if europe disbanded , and the world refused to assist america , leaving america all on its lonesome ? you`d be suprised how dependant your independant country is....

Give Italy nothing ,
, seriously, this is what worries me, when i`m old, idiots like you will be running the world.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ReptileRipper

If you look at some of Frater's later posts he has addressed this issue and held his hands up. I think if we are all honest, we have all posted some silly things in the heat of the moment at some point on here - this does not make you a bad person, it simply makes you a human being.

And for the record, i still think Amanda Knox is guilty as hell.............

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ReptileRipper

thats what happens when idiots educate idiots.

I don't think you could have been more accurate. It took me until this morning, after my shower, to realize that what you say is true (came to the conclusion on my own then found your post).

unlike you loudmouthed nutjobs who spout off about the first thing that comes into your head

Yeah, that is what happened. I can't even tell you how strange it has been to realize that I had taken on the mantle of that particular stereotype of 'American'. In the end I am glad that I could be here to do that as I have learned much and I am thinking others have as well.

Thanks for your honesty. Your post has been very thought provoking so I will return with more.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I agree, i bet Frater210 just didn't know the can of worms he was opening here. I have total respect for him though for admitting he made a mistake, you don't see that a lot around here. Im going to retrospectively star and flag him !!

edit on 13-10-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo- as usual

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Just for your amusement I was going to take a screenshot of the adverts I get when viewing this thread but my computer is having a little hissy fit.. (naughty naughty computer)

Anyway the add is "Take a Weekend break in Italy" from American Express.. I
at the irony in this car crash of a thread.. Kudos to you for tho for coming back and trying to straighten out the mess, but this can of worms is one heck of handful, so I can only wish you good luck on your sterling effort

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
I don't know if this has been said but it needs to be. In the 1920's America (my home country) executed two Italian citizens under the charge of treason. We thought they were spies, that was never proven but they were executed. Perhaps Italy always was mad about the execution of Vanco and Vanzetti, you may be outraged over the Amanda Knox scandal. However we as Americans can not throw stones at Italy when we did the same to them.

It was Sacco and Vanzetti, and they were charged with robbery and murder, not treason.

Yes they were anarchists, but that had nothing to do with the charges.

Read more.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing

I did not say thunderstorms, I said Tornadoes, which a thunderstorm can beget. Yes they can predict earthquakes, as seismic activity can be measured. With that said it is not like storm prediction, maybe my analogy was of the weak variety. However with that said unless it is completely rare for an earthquake to hit Italy, there are mathematical probabilities to predict an earthquake. The earthquake in question however I have no knowledge of the circumstances. You based your argument off of suppressed evidence therefore any conclusion that made from there was invalid. If it was completely random then your argument can be construed as correct. However I doubt it was completely random, as there probably were tremors that would have indicated further seismic activity. Also there have been earthquakes historically in the area of Italy and Greece, so using mathematical data they could've predicted the Earthquake to a possible year.

Name one earthquake that was accurately predicted by geologists.

And to the possible year is not an accurate prediction.

Do you think the Italian govt. would have evacuated the entire region for a year based on a prediction?

Earthquake prediction has been a goal of geologists for decades, they still can't do it..

From the USGS,

Q: Can you predict earthquakes?
A: No. Neither the USGS nor Caltech nor any other scientists have ever predicted a major earthquake. They do not know how, and they do not expect to know how any time in the foreseeable future. However based on scientific data, probabilities can be calculated for potential future earthquakes. For example, scientists estimate that over the next 30 years the probability of a major EQ occurring in the San Francisco Bay area is 67% and 60% in Southern California.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Thats the exact same evidence I used to draw my conclusion, I didnt say it would be 100 accurate I just said exactly what they said in that q and a. Mathematical probability.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
...You would rather think that Meredith was killed in some sort of bizarro sex-fueled, satanic, voodoo ritual by a crazed psychopath and her friends - against ALL the evidence that proves otherwise, than to believe that a man broke into a house, got sprung when the victim came home and so raped and killed her - something which happens, unfortunately, on a regular basis all over the world.

No, that would be too hard to believe, so we'll go with the sex-crazed satan ritual because that fires up the imagination better eh!

Ah yes, that's because crazy, kinky sex stuff where people are either accidentally, or intentionally killed, NEVER happens. No, I forgot - she's American and Americans would NEVER do anything wrong in a foreign country. Has to be a conspiracy. It's the only answer!

She's as guilty as they come. She just got away with it due to a bungled Italian forensic team, if you can even call them that.
edit on 13-10-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkers

So why didn't you get the message that you are not welcome and leave? Had you just had the common sense, you would have been OK.

Because I had, and still have as much right to live there as them. My roots are from Europe, and half of my family is from Europe...

Not to mention that my parents and I ESCAPED from Cuba which was and still is a communist dictatorship despite what leftwingers claim...

How old are you 5?...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Walkers

Well, if you want to go down that route, it isn't really your country unless you have celtic blood. Angle, saxon, danish, norman, roman, etc, all are foreign bloodlines. That would make me a long established invader by the way

I probaly have more celtic blood in me than him, as my great-grandparents were from a town called Ayoo De Vidriales in Zamora, in northern Spain and that was a region where the Celts settled for a long time. They were simple farmers that raised sheep and cattle as well. We still have family living in the region.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

Now you're backtracking.

You said it was reasonable to expect the geologists should have predicted the quake, also saying that the technology existed to narrow it down to a year.

If your responses were based off my link your comprehension is suspect.

I stand by my statement, Italians have a generally external locus of control. They look for someone to blame when something bad happens.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Just to stir the pot a bit, if you believe everything on ATS then we can predict earthquakes every week, even those caused by tiny bits of rock millions of miles away in space. Plus, how can we all forget that the world has already ended 3 or 4 times this year......

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Just to stir the pot a bit, if you believe everything on ATS then we can predict earthquakes every week, even those caused by tiny bits of rock millions of miles away in space. Plus, how can we all forget that the world has already ended 3 or 4 times this year......

And will end a few more times in the next 12 months.

I hope we survive all the carnage.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Yea your right I realized my stance was wrong after I actually did research, but I wanted to win the argument. A bit of suppressed evidence on my part.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by denynothing

Yea your right I realized my stance was wrong after I actually did research, but I wanted to win the argument. A bit of suppressed evidence on my part.

I can't believe how cool it is that you admitted to that. I wish this thread would stop but considering these types of posts I am glad now that we have all been able to participate in this together.

Thanks, ATS.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join