It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avenge Amanda Knox! Give Italy Nothing!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Textreply to post by Frater210

well sir.

i' m italian , so ...sorry for my poor english... but i'm sure it's better than your italian, right?

:-)

you are really saying a lot of ... can i say at least the word "crap", moderator?

1- ok. let's start.
there were 3 kids in jail, amanda, raffaele and rudy.
amanda ( us citizen ) and raffaele (italian) are now free.
rudy was arrested only as amanda's helper but, guess what, he' s the only one staying in jail.
oh, i forgot, he's a black man.
if there is any racial prejudice here, buddy, is clearly not against americans.

2- yes, we are not against american people, as we really dont hate anybody, and you know why? we run a pretty good life here. and we dont suck your dollars, thanks. we can survive also without your ordo novo seculorum :-)

3- if you had a little bit more than a primary school education, which i bet its the case, you should know that it was not US army alone to set italy free... we had a very big resistance movement called THE PARTISANS ( i' m proud to come from a family that fought in their ranks) and they were absolutely PIVOTAL to free our country...
not to mention, my friend, the key role of the red army in the whole war picture.
hey, i can suggest to you some good history book, really, no offence.

4- you know... after the war and the marshall plan, italy was very, very left-wing, so we became a special target in the eyes of your nice agency called the CIA. and there are a lot of serious studies that prove that CIA endorsed the sicilian mafia in exchange of some killings of union leaders and leftwing politicians. nice uhm?
and then again in the 70's, CIA started operation GLADIO-STAY BEHIND to kill the left wing movements.
and again, this is history now. you can easily get informed about it and maybe it'll help you re-think the role of US abroad...

5- we don't hate american people at all, but let me tell you something: people is one thing and army is another
( can i say, the opposite?) ...

and the fact is that thanks your role in the war, your army is still occupying a lot of our land.

we have more than 300 US nuclear heads here so we are a sensible target in a war, so...thanks to US army.

italy constitution says that as a country we reject any war and i 'm very proud of this line (if only it was true!)

so... did you feel it was alright to be a soldier in another country?
yes, i know, it was ok for you.
i bet you are one of the lucky ones who never have any doubts in their mind
(even if you read ATS?)

sorry, as i was never in those hundreds that were demonstrating against US camps in italy, but i agree with them..
can't you figure out that a lot of people here really dont want to be part of YOUR WARS anymore ?

alas, this country is deeply corrupted so what most people think is not what politicians will choose.

i think we're very similar countries, at least in this aspect!

6- sorry for your fine wines, buddy but, really, did you taste our wined while living here?
and still you can't tell the difference?

cheers.

franz

ps--- after calling french fries the "freedom fries" maybe now you'd like to call pizza "patriot bread"?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Full kudos to you for coming out and explaining the point of of your OP. For my my part, i never thought you were racist or bigotted, etc. I simply thought you were probably having a bad day and this resulted in a silly OP (still think it was silly, sorry).

If only everyone could admit to their faults and mistakes the world would be a much less stressed place!

edit on 12-10-2011 by Flavian because: because i spelled bigotted as 'bogotted' :-)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

From the time I've spent in Europe, I'd agree.

I think it's the mentality they have from several thousand years of warfare against their neighbors and people killing your family. The English hate the Scottish, and vise versa. The Welsh hate all other Brits. French absolutely despise Americans. Belgium has it's own little hatefest currently tearing the country apart. Don't even get me going on the Balkans and the Croats, Serbs and Bosnians. Take this with a grain of sand, but you'd be surprised at how much chatter that goes on over there that would be considered politically incorrect over here.

Sadly, there is a lot of anger out there. Honestly, out of all the countries I've been to, I've witnessed the least in North America in general, and one amazing exception, India. Amazing multi-cultural country, full of it's own problems but somehow very racially tolerant. Good thing since it is perhaps the most culturally and ethnically diverse country on earth.

All that aside, I think it's painfully obvious to anyone who has paid attention Rudy Giude was the one responsible.

Free Amanda!
edit on 12-10-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

Can i just qualify this by stating that the english hate the welsh, scots, irish, etc like you hate your family or mates - we are allowed to take the p*** but no one else is.

Same things goes for the US, france, etc. And Australia. Don't get me started on Australia.........
in other words, banter......
edit on 12-10-2011 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

I think it's the mentality they have from several thousand years of warfare against their neighbors and people killing your family. The English hate the Scottish, and vise versa. The Welsh hate all other Brits. French absolutely despise Americans. Belgium has it's own little hatefest currently tearing the country apart. Don't even get me going on the Balkans and the Croats, Serbs and Bosnians. Take this with a grain of sand, but you'd be surprised at how much chatter that goes on over there that would be considered politically incorrect over here.

Sadly, there is a lot of anger out there. Honestly, out of all the countries I've been to, I've witnessed the least in North America in general, and one amazing exception, India. Amazing multi-cultural country, full of it's own problems but somehow very racially tolerant. Good thing since it is perhaps the most culturally and ethnically diverse country on earth.

All that aside, I think it's painfully obvious to anyone who has paid attention Rudy Giude was the one responsible.

Free Amanda!

Can i just qualify this by stating that the english hate the welsh, scots, irish, etc like you hate your family or mates - we are allowed to take the p*** but no one else is.

Same things goes for the US, france, etc. And Australia. Don't get me started on Australia.........

It's not "banter" until England is devolved from the union, gets its own parliament and the West Lothian Question is resolved. Until that time, I see Celtic nations as an enemy seeking to eradicate the English national identity.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkers

Can't work out if you're joking or not. Seriously hope so otherwise you would be the sort of person with a very high blood pressure - chill out and relax a bit. Thank the lucky stars that we even exist at all and enjoy the ride on the way........
edit on 12-10-2011 by Flavian because: seem to have forgotten spelling and grammar this morning

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

reply to post by Walkers

Can't work out if you're joking or not. Seriously hope so otherwise you would be the sort of person with a very high blood pressure - chill out and relax a bit. Thank the lucky stars that we even exist at all and enjoy the ride on the way........
edit on 12-10-2011 by Flavian because: seem to have forgotten spelling and grammar this morning

I am very, very serious. I will not "chill out" and "relax" until our country is returned to us.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkers

Well, if you want to go down that route, it isn't really your country unless you have celtic blood. Angle, saxon, danish, norman, roman, etc, all are foreign bloodlines. That would make me a long established invader by the way

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Walkers

Well, if you want to go down that route, it isn't really your country unless you have celtic blood. Angle, saxon, danish, norman, roman, etc, all are foreign bloodlines. That would make me a long established invader by the way

I have no interest in your opinions. You can choose which side you wish to take once the English finally wake up and revolt against this disgusting and intolerable state of affairs.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkers

I quite like your opinions though. You are very funny

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Well I guess you could take it one step further and say the celts migrated here too

Tho as far as I am aware historically (certainly in the archaeological evidence from my neck of the woods) the Saxons and Britons lived side by side as neither ruled or rulers.. indeed I'm not surprised the constituent parts of these Islands don't get along any more since the last time we did Rome ended up with it's Great Conspiracy.. the one to kick their arses back home

ETA something on topic.. I honestly am not sure about guilt or innocence and I know the OP has regretted opening this can of worms, however it really really doesn't take a lot even something way off topic opens this can of worms as it is filled to the brim and about to overspill, and if we take the OPs direction everyone would be boycotting everyone else.
edit on 12/10/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I know what you mean, when you observe the history we should all get along an awful lot better than we do at present. The Vikings also settled rather well and lived harmoniously alongside both the Britons and the Anglo-Saxons, complete with inter marriage.

On topic, i have an awful lot of respect for the OP coming back to the thread to clarify things and put the record straight. And i just do not get anti-americanism. I think people need a boogeyman so like to blame the nation rather than the tiny tiny percentage that actually make the decisions and generally make things as unpleasant as possible for the other 99.9% of us on the planet.

I have met many wonderful Americans and a few shallow, bigotted c#*#* there........same as other countries i have visited.......same as my own country..........

I have said it before and i will say it again, we need a way to determine such people early on. We can send them to live together on some remote island and then the rest of us can get on with our lives without the hate and the bile............

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

It's a shame the divide and conquer has been used so well to keep the inhabitants of these isles at each others throats rather than keeping in check those who create the messed up systems that lead to crappy trials* that open cans of worms

Taking it a step further, it seems to me almost everyone on the planet has to deal with the similar numpties running their countries and using the similar techniques to keep us all at odds with each other *shakes head* and it seems to me in this thread far too many people believe in the numptiness they spout.

But at least in this thread the OP came back, and I can only respect him/her for that

Hey ho.. perhaps we'll all get a group hug one day and make friends
then kick the arses of those who created this mess..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkers

Free Amanda!

It's not "banter" until England is devolved from the union, gets its own parliament and the West Lothian Question is resolved. Until that time, I see Celtic nations as an enemy seeking to eradicate the English national identity.

This lol.

Thank you for proving my point.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well................um.................aahhhhh..........

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Walkers

I am very, very serious. I will not "chill out" and "relax" until our country is returned to us.

Who took it? Where did they take it to? For a reasonable Finder's Fee, I may be able to help...

ETA: I just realized I was responding to a banned member, which is a lot like sitting and talking to a corpse. I'll leave it as it is, a monument to not paying enough attention. Color me "sleepy".

It IS refreshing to see that you all have your very own "Archie Bunker" types, chauvenistic to a fault, God love 'em. Makes us ugly Yanks feel a little less alone in the world...

edit on 2011/10/12 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Preferred your original response to be honest
as im based on site as it were, i volunteer for being your point of contact in this search

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Thats a bit much, but i certainly agree on the West Lothian question. Its rediculous how the Scotish, Irish and Welsh can rule on matters that do not directly affect them in any way, shape or form.

Might as well have the Germans voting on zoning laws in London.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

And btw its not just Italy that doesnt like America, I think you'll find your country is not very well liked fullstop.

Thanks for being candid and honest. I suppose that is, after all, what this thread is now about.

I'll be back,

edit on 12-10-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by franzbardon

i' m italian , so ...sorry for my poor english... but i'm sure it's better than your italian, right?

You can bet on that. I don't care if your English is poor or otherwise. I am just glad you posted.

you are really saying a lot of ...

You can say crap. That would be an understatement. If you take the time to read my posts you will find that I think it is crap as well. This thread seems to have done nothing more than provide an opportunity to get upset about crap that happened 70 years ago. I didn't realize it was going to go there and I am sorry for it and have apologized. I apologize to you as well.

ok. let's start. there were 3 kids in jail, amanda, raffaele and rudy. amanda ( us citizen ) and raffaele (italian) are now free. rudy was arrested only as amanda's helper but, guess what, he' s the only one staying in jail. oh, i forgot, he's a black man. if there is any racial prejudice here, buddy, is clearly not against americans.

Member Kryties has handled this as well as I could ever hope to. You will have to read his posts if you want to get into the trial thing. I don't agree with you. This is a very cogent article,,,
takimag.com...

yes, we are not against american people, as we really dont hate anybody, and you know why? we run a pretty good life here. and we dont suck your dollars, thanks. we can survive also without your ordo novo seculorum :-)

This is just not what is really happening between Americans and Europeans. If we are going to keep this up on this thread then we are going to have to get honest. Many members have been candid about their feelings and their experiences in Europe and they just do not add up to, 'Europeans are fine with Americans'. It just is not that way.

It has already been clearly described how your country gets big dollars to allow our troops to be stationed there. So why don't you folks picket and protest your own Government? The military bases are there because you have either chosen for them to be there or you did not become politically active enough to make your desires known. I would suggest that maybe you concoct some type of creative social action, yourselves, if you don't like the military bases. Parking yourselves outside the caserma and threatening us with violence still accomplishes nothing.

if you had a little bit more than a primary school education,

This is what is sad to me. To read posts like yours, from kind folks from Italy that I would otherwise make friends with. You and I would have much to talk about as I not only have more than a primary school education, I have also read all of Franz Bardon's books and have multiple copies in my stacks. In fact I have stuff in my stacks that would probably make you drool.

THE PARTISANS ( i' m proud to come from a family that fought in their ranks) and they were absolutely PIVOTAL to free our country...

Well, good on you then. I have always been fascinated by partisan movements. But historically partisan movements don't accomplish much until major back-up arrives and they are allowed to move with greater impunity. Just sayin'.

and then again in the 70's, CIA started operation GLADIO-STAY BEHIND to kill the left wing movements.

Operation Gladio is a name that is now used as a catch phrase to denote all operations of this sort. Why do I bring that up? Because this once again has to do with governments conspiring with other governments to control its farming operations. Again, we as citizens from governments all over the world consent to this type of behavior by not using our power as citizens to stop them. We put these people in to power and they come up with Operation Stay Behind in order to make sure the system we have voted for (or whatever) stays in place.

Getting pissed at Americans because of this is just like me getting pissed at Italians and trying to start a stupid boycott.

If an idiot like me can learn this so can you.

we don't hate american people at all, but let me tell you something: people is one thing and army is another ( can i say, the opposite?) ...

This is as confused as some of my statements. We need to figure out, I guess, whom exactly we hate so we can really get down to sorting this out.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Frater210 because: continues

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by franzbardon

and the fact is that thanks your role in the war, your army is still occupying a lot of our land. we have more than 300 US nuclear heads here so we are a sensible target in a war, so...thanks to US army.

Again, the world is a giant Tar Baby and we are all stuck to it. Do you know the story of Briar Rabbit. I know you will like it because as Magicians, we love folk tales. Here you are...

americanfolklore.net...

So blaming this on Americans is once again yada yada yada...

can't you figure out that a lot of people here really dont want to be part of YOUR WARS anymore ?

There we go. That's the stuff. There really is a wound here that is 70 years old and we need to rip off the scab so it can heal by second intention. I don't want all the war either, friend, but you and I aren't making enough noise about it I guess. Because they are still happening against our wishes. No soldier, ex or otherwise, wishes for war.

alas, this country is deeply corrupted so what most people think is not what politicians will choose. i think we're very similar countries, at least in this aspect!

Thank you, dude. People need to keep that in mind when considering what has happened to Amanda Knox, and symbolically, America, and Italy and the whole damned world.

sorry for your fine wines, buddy but, really, did you taste our wined while living here? and still you can't tell the difference?

Are you kidding? Italy is the only place in the world that does wine right. Period. It is a culture of the vine. Italians are wine geniuses surpassing the entire world in subtlety and taste.

So good thing I wised up and retracted my stupid boycott (even if just on myself). I love Italian wines and really Italian everything. I was an idiot. I apologize.

Again, the worst being that I have upset you who could have been my buddy. I mean that sincerely.

after calling french fries the "freedom fries" maybe now you'd like to call pizza "patriot bread"?

Dude, I never called a single french fry a freedom fry and in fact I tried to fight the ignorance with humour. I work in the medical field and when in the cafeteria during those times I would proclaim my desire for French Fries(!) loudly and proudly.

Pizza IS f*$&ing Patriot Bread. get my meaning, brother? America lives on Pizza. Long Live The God Food Pizza! Long Live Italy!

Cheers, yourself, Franz.

edit on 12-10-2011 by Frater210 because: .

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join