It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avenge Amanda Knox! Give Italy Nothing!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

what a lot of baloney!

Italy did not kill Amanda you rasist twit!

On the same note should we all hate Americans because of their shambles of a government and what it has done to the world and how many foreigners its army has killed in pointless wars just to support their economy?...NO! just hate the government and leave the people alone.

Your attitude probably explains your negativity you experienced in Italy.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

"Italians hate Americans..." Are you sure Italians aren't just hating you? Seriously.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott495

what a lot of baloney!

That's Bolgna...and a very appropriate lunch meat, indeed.

en.wikipedia.org...

Italy did not kill Amanda you rasist twit!

That's racist. I never said that anyone killed Amanda. What are you talking about? Leveling an economic cannon such as a boycott at a nation, or state, or whatever, in order to retaliate for an injustice is not racism. If we confuse the two we remove one of the best weapons we as a whole people have in our arsenal.

On the same note should we all hate Americans because of their shambles of a government and what it has done to the world and how many foreigners its army has killed in pointless wars just to support their economy?...NO! just hate the government and leave the people alone.

No. You are right. What I suggested was short sighted and fueled by ignorance. Thanks.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I would guess at this point it is the latter. But I grew accustomed to that a long time ago while living there. I suppose you probably think that I arrived in Italy pre-equipped with some type of fault or bigotry that brought that down on myself. Well, There is nothing I can do to keep you from believing that but I would like to think that if you knew me you would know that that is not the case.

What do you think of the fact that people like myself are still effected by events they were not alive to experience yet carry the torch for in a mechanistic, pseudo-patriotic fashion as I have demonstrated here, on this thread?

Thanks in advance, Jason88.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
ATS, I am pissed!

What the Italians have done to Amanda Knox is intolerable.

I am not asking you to see it the way that I do, but let me tell you; I lived there for 2 years. The Italians hate Americans. I personally, do not think that the Amanda Knox case had anything to do with anything other than Italy trying to symbolically horse-drag America through the international gutter. And now that we can clearly see at what cost this has come for Amanda Knox, I am just pissed off.

Italy. They hate us for many of the reasons that the French do but they love our tourist dollars. Oh, and they also like having their asses bailed out of impossible fascist invasions, but whatever. I lived there on a small Army post which shall go nameless for 2 years. At least 3 or 4 times a year the Italians would lock down the entrance with 5 or 6 hundred people and we would all be on alert for terrorist threats. Then we would all go out on the weekend so the same locals could serve us calzone and pizza. I was jumped by 6 Italians in a bathroom at a club in Padova. Yeah, the Italians couldn't fight then either, so it was no problem, but I don't think the average American is aware of the level of animosity that the Italians have towards America and Americans.

So here is what we do:

We at ATS are always looking for methods by which we can experiment with and test our social power. It is often asked; "but what can we do"?

Well how about this? We do Nothing. That's right. We give the Italians Nothing.

Especially, don't drink Italian wine. Don't buy Italian products. Don't travel to Italy. Why would you want to? Vermont and New England are beautiful at this time of the year.

Basically, look for any way that you can screw Italy out of American dollars. Give them nothing.

The French are going to love us for a little while. Give Italy Nothing!

Focus on the wine for sure. Italy's exports 1/5 of the world's wine. Hit them where it hurts. Take the time in restaurants to make sure that you do not buy Italian wines. Shun the crap at supermarkets. Buy California and Oregonian wines instead.

We will do this until the end of October.

Screw the Italians for what they did to Amanda Knox and what they attempted to do to America.

Give Italy Nada!

Facciamo calci il culo!

edit on 10-10-2011 by Frater210 because: !

Well,
Maybe you have never been in Italy, anyway I can assure you (I am born, lived and I still live in Italy), no one hates America or Americans, and almost 70 years after, the great majority of people is grateful to America for the WWII intervention that saved a country.
Anyway you hit a big point: the italian justice sucks..there are a lot of unsolved cases, and probably, a lot of free killers around..The Sollecito-Knox situation is not different from other situations created by our ridicolous "justice"..but if you read around, there are a lot of unsolved cases that generated many deaths and no guilty (some example, the Monster of Florence, the Chiara Poggi case, the recent Sarah Scazzi case, and many many more).
I am not sure at all that Amanda Knox was innocent, but one thing in pretty sure: in a serious country with a serious justice system, Guede-Sollecito-Knox will be still behind the bars until the guilty comes out.
I would not comment the rest of your post, I am not an ultra-patriot or an ultranationalist, and I am pretty conscious that my country (like avery other) has issues, but what you wrote is a little less than racist.
Sorry for my not perfect english.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I won't argue with you, as you're well equipped to handle yourself. But I suspect you know, karma is a bitch.

Edit: You're welcome.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Basically, look for any way that you can screw Italy out of American dollars. Give them nothing.

Buddy, the great American Dollar isn't that great anymore not sure if you got the memo.
edit on 11-10-2011 by robile because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by robile

This song immediately came to mind when considering your post. So this is the American Dollar's response to the world...

You know it's true.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

My intention was not to argue with you. I am in no position to argue with anyone. I'm the ass that started this mess, remember?

I just wanted to give you an opportunity to give your unabashed opinion of the ad-dults.

No strings attached.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Frater210 because: an!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panther44
reply to post by mbkennel

Hold on what? Is it your mission in life to contest widely held facts of history?

I already stated in plain English that they didn't start slavery in general, but they did start The Slave Trade as it is commonly referred to (slavery out of Africa for those of you who are a little slow on the uptake).

Pre-Roman Egypt had a robust slave trade, and Arab empires also had slave trade out of Africa.

And I never said they STARTED the conquering of natives - that's been around for 15,000 years. But they did conquer native tribes throughout the world, which was something that had never been done before. They perfected the oppression and slaughter of innocent people - there are you happy? How much more detailed do I need to get?

Alexander conquered natives throughout the world. The Roman Empire did so as well (though they offered profitable subjugation and assimilation to some, and not all). The Mongols exterminated and conquered natives throughout the world. Do you realize how insanely murderous the Horde was? The Ottomans were notorious---the Caliph's harem was made up of enslaved women from foreign places---good Muslim women subjects weren't allowed to be so degraded.

You can talk crazy all you want, but you can't rewrite the history books.

I'm not talking crazy, I think I'm talking facts. I see no qualitative moral difference between post Renaissance European slavery and any other slavery.

Having intercontinental transportation (ships) is a a product of technological development, and shows no greater or lesser moral culpability.
edit on 11-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LouvadaSejaDeus

and whilst you're at it, stop your ZOG government selling opium/heroin, crack/coc aine to a Billion people and generally supplying arms and nuclear weapons (death) to anyone willing to pay.

ZOG?
last time I heard that term was in some skinhead literature that was handed to me. Not much substance, but it did ok to start a fire with.

ZOG? Seriously? You folks actually USE that term out there and give it some kind of credence?

I reckon then, US Americans will be - a bit more - welcomed around the World.

Maybe even in Britain? But not France!!!

Nah. S'ok. You all can keep your parts of the world to yourselves. I didn't see anything out there while I was there worth going back after.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

There is a term called The Slave Trade that specifically refers to the slave trade that was started out of Africa by the Europeans. I am hard pressed to understand your inability to grasp this. Am I talking to a child? You do understand that while there are holocausts around the world and throughout history, there is a term called The Holocaust which refers to a very specific event. There are general terms and specific terms. Specific terms refer to SPECIFIC events. I know, it seems complicated. I'll give you some time to digest this.

And I never said that people have never been conquered before. I was merely countering the argument that the US is this oppressive world power and Europe this peaceful utopia by pointing out that your wealth and the very foundation of your power was built on the murdering of innocent people and slavery. You can either accept this or not. But it doesn't change the fact that it's true. Europe is not better than the US. In fact, the US is a "child" of Europe. And usually when a child is messed up, who's fault is it? That's right - the parents!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I lived in Europe for almost 9 years back in the 1980s. A lot of them just hate anyone who is not an European. I can't count in how many fights i was because I was born in Cuba, and my parents had to move me from school to school because they would not fight fairly.

They would gang on me, because if they fought fairly i would beat the hell out of them. I was in 6 different schools in those 9 years. Even teachers were racist bastards, all except one older female teacher who always tried to help me.

I always tried not to fight, but when hit I would hit back, and then the teachers would put me in detention and call ONLY my parents to claim I was the problem, when I never started the fights.

I am not saying all of them, but a lot of Europeans are racists and full of themselves.

edit on 11-10-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

It all depends on where you're from as regards to BolOgna. In italy it is pronounced Bolo-nya. So Baloney sort of fits.

Down here in Oz, it's just good old polony. So let's not get MORE knickers in twists hey?

And come on, let's get off Frater's back! He's apologised enough for one lifetime and he has stated he stands corrected. I'm actually glad you brought the subject up, because now you have learned something for the experience. That can only be a good thing.

I applaud you sir for your ability to LEARN from experience and not just blindly stand by your convictions in light of overwhelming evidence

edit on 11-10-2011 by Lazylounger because: Added information

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

From the time I've spent in Europe, I'd agree.

I think it's the mentality they have from several thousand years of warfare against their neighbors and people killing your family. The English hate the Scottish, and vise versa. The Welsh hate all other Brits. French absolutely despise Americans. Belgium has it's own little hatefest currently tearing the country apart. Don't even get me going on the Balkans and the Croats, Serbs and Bosnians. Take this with a grain of sand, but you'd be surprised at how much chatter that goes on over there that would be considered politically incorrect over here.

Sadly, there is a lot of anger out there. Honestly, out of all the countries I've been to, I've witnessed the least in North America in general, and one amazing exception, India. Amazing multi-cultural country, full of it's own problems but somehow very racially tolerant. Good thing since it is perhaps the most culturally and ethnically diverse country on earth.

All that aside, I think it's painfully obvious to anyone who has paid attention Rudy Giude was the one responsible.

Free Amanda!
edit on 12-10-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

The French are going to love us for a little while.

Not after the corrupt US system destroyed Dominic Strauss Kahn they're not.

Does the name Michael Fay mean anything to you?

That arrogant American teenager who went on a vandalism rampage in Singapore in 1993 and spray painted 18 cars then started greeting cos he was awarded a public flogging and 31 thousand in fines. In steps Bill Clinton and turns it into an international diplomatic issue. Glad to say Singapore Government didnt back down and still flogged the little bastard before they booted him out.

Seems sometimes Americans can do no wrong abroad and when they do, in steps the Government to try and get them off scott free or pay their way out of trouble as in the case of US citizen Raymond Davies after he shot dead 2 Pakistani men in a Lahore crowded market place in broad daylight in January of this year.

If Knox is indeed innocent, I feel for her but my main concern is for that beautiful young woman who died long before her time, her greiving family and friends.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

I lived in Europe for almost 9 years back in the 1980s. A lot of them just hate anyone who is not an European. I can't count in how many fights i was because I was born in Cuba, and my parents had to move me from school to school because they would not fight fairly.

They would gang on me, because if they fought fairly i would beat the hell out of them. I was in 6 different schools in those 9 years. Even teachers were racist bastards, all except one older female teacher who always tried to help me.

I always tried not to fight, but when hit I would hit back, and then the teachers would put me in detention and call ONLY my parents to claim I was the problem, when I never started the fights.

I am not saying all of them, but a lot of Europeans are racists and full of themselves.

edit on 11-10-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

So why didn't you get the message that you are not welcome and leave? Had you just had the common sense, you would have been OK.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Panther44

Actually you seem completely misguided on history of both Africa and Europe. First of all, the slave trade was not started by Europeans. African tribes themselves were engrossed in enslaving each other long before anyone got there. If you are talking specifically about external cultures enslaving Africans, the Arabs were conducting the Slave Trade long before Europeans got involved and far longer than the Europeans were conducting it. Europeans were such a small part of slavery in Africa, that their role is totally exaggerated. In fact, slavery was abolished by the Italians when they invaded Ethiopia, who were greatly involved enslaving their own people and the amount of time that Europeans were involved in the slave trade is relatively small! European wealth did not stem from slavery, certainly not of Africans, slavery of their own people, most defiantely, but this is going way off topic here! Just do some research and start up another thread if necessary.

Amanda Knox, I don't beleive murdered her, but she most definately was involved and absolutely tried to cover it up. The problem is, first of all the Italian authorities conducted one of the most shambolic investigations I have ever known! Secondly, linked with that, the court can only deal with the evidence at hand. If the evidence casts any doubt to the charge being given, then he/she cannot be charged and as such convicted with that crime. I'm sure they could've pinned her playing a role in the crime itself, but what they tried to do was convict her of murder and the evidence was so messed up, that no good country can get a conviction based on that rubbish.

I've said it before, I thought the British Police had gone down hill, but when I look at how Greek, Spanish, Italian police forces conduct their investigations and policing, British policing is actually not bad, just not the world's best as it used to be.

As for the OP....WTF?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I guess I live in the one hidden part of France that doesn't hate Americans! I've been here 20 years and haven't found the ones that hate americans- yet the americans claim they are hated by them all the time!
Is it just in the South that they love america so much? Maybe it is Paris where you all have gotten this idea? (it is said they hate everyone there... no idea if that has any truth to it, but maybe that's a big city thing- like the way New Yorkers feel?)

I don't know, it is a mystery to me. But then I am starting to look at the personalities of the people who say that, and there are certain characteristics they have in common..... which makes me think that a foriegner might respond with repulsion to them, and say things about their origins no matter where they were from, or if they actually ever felt that way before!

And sometimes I read or listen to certain americans and am terribly embarrassed and want to put a tatoo on their forehead that proclaims- "this person is not representative of the USA". Because the way they talk makes ME want to hate my own country for a second!

-and I do not believe Amanda Knox is so innocent, and I do not believe the US legal system is any better than Italy's. We put people to death whose guilt is highly questionable, and we let go people whose innocence is almost impossible to imagine in view of evidence, (especially if they are famous, have lots of money).

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
OP. wow. just wow.

And btw its not just Italy that doesnt like America, I think you'll find your country is not very well liked fullstop.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join