It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avenge Amanda Knox! Give Italy Nothing!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

The worst of your sins was to talk to the ATSers and obviously only meant USAmericans.
For this you should get some smacks on the bum by a beautiful big Italian mama!

As a German I would suggest you listen to that guy from Ohio:

And now together:

What's the matter, you? - Hey!
Gotta you no respect? - Hey!
Whadda ya tink you do? - Hey!
Why are ya looka so sad?
Itsa not so bad
Itsa nica place
Hey, shuttuppa, you face!

edit on 11-10-2011 by Siddharta because: made her beautiful

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The predominant theory for the prosecution seemed to be that it was some sort of snuff orgy, or sacrificial rite.
Whatever the motives were, really, only the perpetrators know that for sure.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

You are a gem, Siddharta. Thank you for the kind admonishment. I did get some really bad tunnel vision there.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Whats with the generalization of Italians as mindless American bashers?
Its like saying all Americans are ignorant racist fools with huge super inflated egos, I know that to not be the case, as I know that the majority of Italians are nothing like that Berlusconi fellow, which by the way seems like an ignorant racist fool with a huge super inflated ego, bad apples come in every nationality, injustice is planetary, there have been worse things committed in the name of justice by America and every other country out there!

The true enemy is the system. we are the system. Who will avenge us?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well to be honest I HAVE NO IDEA if Amanda Knox and her boyfriend are guilty or not.

But what has stood out for me for me with case is how the media can influence public opinion so easily, most North Americans such as the OP I've heard on this matter can't even comprehend that she might be guilty and have been thoroughly brainwashed into the idea of her being an 'innocent victim of those evil Europeans'.

If Amanda had been an Italian girl in the USA she would probably be on death row by now whether innocent or not. Likewise, if Meredith (the victim) had been American and Amanda Knox British most Americans would be in uproar at the current outcome.
edit on 11-10-2011 by mc1km because: spelling correction

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
wow.... i've never seen so many replies dogging us americans so stereotypically... wow.... and it's over amanda knox..... and need i remind all the europeans that our presidents are direct bloodlines of english and french monarchy.... stupid most of us over here are european descendents... i'm a mutt of chinese and bristish descent... so long live america... dumb dumb dumb.... a bigot is a bigot no matter where u are.... better quality civlians in canada somebody said?

i think that every country is full of a**holes... so now what? reply to that! i promise you have a**holes in your country... what happened to the good old days of an old fashion fist fight to settle things... now it's just a bunch of emo's online gang banging with their finger tips... and there is no winner... just back and forth you suck no you suck more nu uh your country sucks so there for you suck... blah alsdkjfal;skdjfaskdfja;skdfj;alksjdfaslkdfja;skdfj

get's me frustrated haha

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

What is it about Knox that makes you so mad? All of the above are American, too.

To be precise it was the reports of 'sexual abuse' that really kicked me over the cliff. I was not particularly interested in the case and I watch next to 0 television. I do, however, sit on the couch with my girlfriend when she is watching T.V.. So I saw the Amanda Knox thing when she was sentenced and watched the T.V. along with my girl.

For what it is worth, it is only my opinion, but just as some other members have said they just 'knew' or 'know' that A. Knox is guilty, I just knew she wasn't. A big part of what allowed me to 'know' that is because I have some (obviously biased) experience with Italian culture. When you really pay attention you realize that it is like living in this little Tyrolean cuckoo clock and most of the inhabitants are just as two dimensional and gaudy, whacking away with their little hammers showing stiff smiles. Anyway....

So what has upset me the most, if I boil it down, is the feeling* of having been abandoned by our European brothers and sisters in our hour of need. We answered so many different clangings of that clock and when our clock clanged...the response was crickets.

I find the Amanda Knox case to be symbolic of all of this.

And now it is just a standard fact that we are hated and must now work to regain the love (or whatever) of Euro-Land. Where is the understanding? Americans are, as individuals, experts of understanding and tolerance. How do you think we got this way as a society? But when things fly off the stick for us once and we are down, you all seem to be there lined up for a kick

That. Pisssssses. Me. Off.

But I am gonna be OK. I know we are all in this together. We remember that whenever something reallly bad happens. So, I don't mean to stir things up, I only offer my honest thoughts on this in the hopes that others will do the same.

Thanks for being a voice of reason.

*thinking obviously has had little to do with my OP.

edit on 11-10-2011 by Frater210 because: bloop

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

Whats with the generalization of Italians as mindless American bashers?

Hi, OneEyedProhet, sure is good to see your avatar. Some of us here have temporarily lost our minds, while others are trying to help us find it again. Thanks for lending a hand.

The true enemy is the system. we are the system. Who will avenge us?

Thanks for speaking the truth. This would normally be my line, too, but having no mind at the moment I forgot.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 11azerus11

Nice stream of thought work, 11azerus11.

I enjoyed reading that but are you sure you really want to go there considering how this thread has gone down? I am nearly dead.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Mistermonculous,

...and has kept accelerating steadily until grievances our grandpappies had good grounds for are whipped out like they're two days fresh.

There is a thread up on ATS right now called, 'This Is NOT The Revolution'.

Boy oh boy, whoever put that up is right on. When you consider what is being discussed in this thread it is obvious we are going no where revolutionary until this crap is worked out.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Lets start a Pizza protest

That was the plan. But the girlfriend put the kibosh on that and then I had time to sort myself out. I put the story up near the top of page 4. It sure is nice to see your avatar, Comedian.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Wrong!

2nd line

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I couldn't be bothered going through 14 pages of back and forth after reading the OP and the first couple of replies. I'm half Italian and half Aussie.

OP, you can jam your jingoism (look it up) sideways up your backside. Because one foreign court made a hash of one trial in one foreign country, you want us to boycott everything Italian? I'm laughing here!

How about you boycott the US everytime a murder trial goes wrong, everytime an innocent man gets the death penalty (don't get me started on how THAT is a waste of time), everytime your own country decides to spend trillions on its military instead of welfare for its own citizens... do I need to go on? Nope.

We in Australia have just had a 14 yeard old boy get arrested in Bali (that's an island down our way, just above Western Australia and near..... oh why bother) for purchasing drugs on the street. Sure there have been calls of getting the Aussie Govt involved to try and get him home, but it sure as hell aint stopping any of us making bookings for a holiday to Bali.

Forza Italia, Go Aussie, and go every other country that doesnt get too namby pamby when one of its citizens gets caught up in another country's legal system!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazylounger

You certainly cannot be faulted for being astonished at how silly what I suggested was. I am straightening myself out on the issue and I no longer feel upset or angry. Just humiliated by my lack of foresight and meanness on this thread.

Thanks for just getting it out there.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Wrong!

2nd line

I am sure you had something good to add. What is 'wrong'?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
First off...not all Americans are complete bungholes.

Secondly..if this was reversed...these same patriotic Americans would be saying well they shouldn't have come here. It is only an issue when a fellow American is wrongly treated in their eyes....but when a foreigner is screwed in America it is not such a big deal..in fact they could care less.

Read the thread about a Hispanic pregnant woman chained to something...sure she was there illegally, but a lot of them were in agreement that she deserved to be treated like an animal.

See how their hypocrisy works...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkers

For one, I AM Native American, so there goes your argument. My ancestors were the ones being oppressed not the other way around, so don't rush to generalize. And number two, the Europeans didn't treat the Native Americans any better than the colonists did. In fact, they slaughtered them. What books do you read? Are they all illustrated by Dr. Seuss?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh yes read the thread about how a state in America is denying water to people if they don't supply papers...meaning Hispanics.

Read the outrage that Americans have for this wrong doing...lol: you will notice not much.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

No worries my friend!
It seems to me that our patience is running out, things are bursting at the seams and some of us can take so much injustice and crap before wanting to make some radical changes!

Its the ones that don't care and are completely numb that worry me!

cheers!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Hold on what? Is it your mission in life to contest widely held facts of history? I already stated in plain English that they didn't start slavery in general, but they did start The Slave Trade as it is commonly referred to (slavery out of Africa for those of you who are a little slow on the uptake).

And I never said they STARTED the conquering of natives - that's been around for 15,000 years. But they did conquer native tribes throughout the world, which was something that had never been done before. They perfected the oppression and slaughter of innocent people - there are you happy? How much more detailed do I need to get?

You can talk crazy all you want, but you can't rewrite the history books.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join