It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Job Killers- Why are Republicans determinded to snuff the recovery.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Actually I am a recovering/recovered alcoholic for the last 15 years. Addiction is primarily a spiritual failure in people. That is why 12 step programs are designed to improve your acceptance of a higher power in your life and to also minimize your own self-centeredness.

I will say that it is a disease in a sense that after a certain point of chemical abuse your brain become physically addicted to the substance, but the root cause is a spiritual malady.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
They stall the recovery because they WANT it to fail.

They have been working for decades at choking off the funding to everything so that when it all ultimately fails everything will be privatized.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I guess if a couple of writers over at mother jones have an opinion, it must be valid.

Naturally, I'll have to check over at RepublicansarebetterthanDemocrats.com to see if they agree.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
I guess if a couple of writers over at mother jones have an opinion, it must be valid.

Naturally, I'll have to check over at RepublicansarebetterthanDemocrats.com to see if they agree.

Thanks for your input. It made me look further afield and guess what? This is several MSM websites with about the same information.

So just for you... here goes.

Republicans largely oppose the measure as they pursue their own jobs agenda: lowering business taxes and rolling back what the GOP calls "job-killing" regulations. But they have been unable or unwilling to say how many jobs they think they can add this way.

la times

another one

The Republicans didn't just vote against "American jobs," they literally filibustered them. While the GOP presidential candidates debated their plans to further screw the American economy Tuesday night, every single Republican senator approved the filibuster and overwhelmingly blocked The American Jobs Act from even coming to a vote on the floor of the U.S. Senate.

huffington post

and a third one

Oct. 12 (Bloomberg News) -- Mitt Romney, Rick Perry and the other Republican presidential candidates stretched the truth on health care, job creation and the deficit in a debate last night as they attacked each other and President Barack Obama

business week

So... is enough of outside sources or shall I do another search for more?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
You have to love our educational system. "The 2001 tax cuts haven't been paid for.", pretty much says it all.

Since when does a "tax cut" have to be "paid for"? That would assume that you believe that the Government has a right to ALL of our money and decides how much it will let us keep.

If the 2001 tax cuts were an issue WHY DIDN'T THE DEMOCRATS REPEAL THEM WHEN THEY HAD COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE GOVERNMENT?

I would have thought that the Obama Kool-aid would have worn off by now.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
You have to love our educational system. "The 2001 tax cuts haven't been paid for.", pretty much says it all.

Since when does a "tax cut" have to be "paid for"? That would assume that you believe that the Government has a right to ALL of our money and decides how much it will let us keep.

If the 2001 tax cuts were an issue WHY DIDN'T THE DEMOCRATS REPEAL THEM WHEN THEY HAD COMPLETE CONTROL OF THE GOVERNMENT?

I would have thought that the Obama Kool-aid would have worn off by now.

when the tax cut was for the billion dollar rich thats when, only need a grade school education to know that the rich need to pay More in taxes than someone making 40k a year.

In a column headlined "Stop Coddling the Super-Rich," Buffett wrote in The New York Times on Monday that he paid $6,938,744 in income tax last year, only 17.4 percent of his taxable income.

source

So after Buffett and other million/billionairs is only taxed at 17% do you think that our revenue isn't suffering for the tax breaks?
And that those same tax breaks should be paid for in some way? Or should we continue to layoff police/ fire and teachers?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

Perhaps after a few months here, you'll understand the difference between source and op-ed.
Huffington holds about as much cred as O'Reilly, and the LA Times falls in there with The Nation.

Each of the four listed above may break news once in a while, but will always impart their spin.

As for Business Week, a small quote from Pres. hopeful Romney is what you're using to support your claim of:

So this blip

Oct. 12 (Bloomberg News) -- Mitt Romney, Rick Perry and the other Republican presidential candidates stretched the truth on health care, job creation and the deficit in a debate last night as they attacked each other and President Barack Obama

supports this claim:

I suggest you do another search for outside sources, and here are a few suggestions:
motherjones.com
www.soros.org/

I'm sure those will give you all the "facts" that fit your agenda, and Rachel M. would agree.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Because they aren't getting their way by sending jobs overseas, aiding in the destruction of the nation and the economy.

Their goal is to make Obama a "1 term POTUS" which imo is one of the most Anti American things I've ever heard the GOP say!

It is beyond sickening, it is disgusting that they'd rather protect their rich donors then to have this nation have a success story.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join