It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Job Killers- Why are Republicans determinded to snuff the recovery.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

There is no right or left. There is no Republican. There is no Democrat. How long is it going to take for that fact to be fully understood. There is however a group of crooked politicians bought off by the same handful NWO Globalists. All one has to do is research what bills and laws have been passed over the course of years. They are simply built upon the other headed in one direction no matter who is supposedly in charge. That is the point SUPPOSEDLY in charge. Cut the head off the snake of lies and corruption. End the Federal Reserve and arrest all the CEO's that run and own it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Working class does not mean poor.

It means working your ass off through school to get a good job, to live paycheck to paycheck anyways as the government steals 40+% of your income to give to lowlifes working at mcdonalds. it means WORKING and supporting not only yourself, but your society ... please remember that.

And then remember the middle class votes Republican.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by Convicted

In reality there are no poor people in America. Even those on welfare have plenty of food, shelter, clothing, etc... They also have cable TV and many of them, if not most, have cell phones. That is not being poor.

If you're spending 40+ hours a week in the workplace and all you have to show for it is a pot of mac and cheese and a double-wide, then yes, you are poor. No, it's not Niger-level poor... but hey, those people have tents and lentils, so THEY must not be poor, either, right?

Plus you're ignoring the several million homeless that populate the US.

If you have a pot of Mac and Cheese every night and a double wide, you are doing better than most people in the world. The fact is that poor in America has come to mean you cant afford designer clothes and the latest electronic gadget.

Have you ever volunteered at a homeless shelter? I have. Those people are primarily mentally ill or addicts of one sort or another. Its a shame they are homeless, but in most cases it is a choice on their part, or a lack thereof given their current mental state. They are incapable or do not desire the support of the government to put them into housing. Many of these people need to be institutionilized so they can get the real help they need, which is usually psychological or a good 12 step program.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

I feel that Dr. Paul did not become a Republican out of Personal Choice , but out of Necessity in order to hold Public Office . What was Once the Cradle of Republican Belief ( The Constitution and the Bill Of Rights) , has now become the Party of the Eliteist Haves lauding it over the less well off Masses . An Aberration of what they themselves were once , but now have given into the Lure of Money and Power that leads to Controling other People's Lives . In a way , they are no Different than their Counterparts the Liberal Progressive Democrats , who like them , are All about Control . In this regard Ron Paul is a Misfit , neither Conservative like them , or Liberal enough for the Mainstream Politic of our times . The PERFECT People's Choice IMO , he Clearly wears his True Colors on his Sleeve..........

edit on 10-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
what republicans dont create jobs? seriously? nay i say

just look how many people are working their butts off badmouthing them.

things that make you go hmmmmm.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Working class does not mean poor.

No, but poor almost always equals "working class." It's sort of like how a square is a polygon but not all polygons are squares. The working class has a wide range of incomes. it includes that dude pushing a mop at McDonalds, and it includes the guy giving boobs a lift in Santa Monica, too.

It means working your ass off through school to get a good job, to live paycheck to paycheck anyways as the government steals 40+% of your income to give to lowlifes working at mcdonalds. it means WORKING and supporting not only yourself, but your society ... please remember that.

You do know that those "lowlifes" are working their asses off as well, often to put themselves through school, are living paycheck to paycheck, and have exactly the same percent cut from that check as you do?

People like you are why they pee in the ice machine.

And then remember the middle class votes Republican.

Some of them do, sure. of course, given that Republican policies are directly contributing to the shrinking of the middle class (and a matching expansion of the poorer levels of society; the movment isn't an upward trend) we're again looking at a case of "voting against your self-interests."

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

" what republicans dont create jobs? seriously? nay i say "

Aye you say ? If making a Buck is Involved , Hell Yeah !.............LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

If we keep Obama running things for another four years people definitely wont be working paycheck to paycheck anymore. They wont have a job to get a paycheck.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

If you have a pot of Mac and Cheese every night and a double wide, you are doing better than most people in the world. The fact is that poor in America has come to mean you cant afford designer clothes and the latest electronic gadget.

Not at all. That's a false standard held mostly by the sociopaths and misanthropes of society to excuse themselves from giving a damn about the realities of poverty in this country.

You need transportation and a means of contact to be employed. Thus you need a car (especially if you're in one of the many, many areas where public transit has been axed) and you need a phone; and if you're going all over town putting in applications for work, you can't be sitting at home waiting for your phone-in-a-jack to go off.

Yes, cable TV is a luxury. But - this may surprise you - but being poor doesn't mean you have to divorce yourself from humanity. You're allowed to buy books, watch TV, listen to music, that sort of thing. Again, the "you have a refrigerator so you're not poor!" is a false argument by the sociopath sector of society, who apparently expect poor people to be living in holes in the ground, spending 72 hours a week at work, and using personal time only to sleep or eat flour paste, or whatever.

Poverty in America is an inability to pay off the electricity bill. it's sending your kids to school hungry, or in dirty clothes. It's trying to decide between gas for the car and gas for the heater.

I'm happy that you've been privileged enough to not have these sort of worries. But your attempt to pretend everyone has it as good as you do is ill-informed at best, and malicious at worst.

Have you ever volunteered at a homeless shelter? I have.

I've been on both sides of the soup line, in fact. Have you ever slept under an interstate overpass? Ever had to thumb rides between state lines? Your christmastime karma boost isn't going to make you an expert on the subject.

Those people are primarily mentally ill or addicts of one sort or another. Its a shame they are homeless, but in most cases it is a choice on their part, or a lack thereof given their current mental state. They are incapable or do not desire the support of the government to put them into housing.

Wow. I'm not sure what's dumber; the claim you're making, or the fact you actually seem to believe it. I say we put your theory to the test. Let's take a big chunk of that public money going to AIG, and turn it into housing for the homeless. Three years, rent and utility paid. Give 'em the opportunity for a stable address. if these people don't take up the offer, then you can feel vindicated and we'll sell these houses on the market. Sound good?

Many of these people need to be institutionilized so they can get the real help they need, which is usually psychological or a good 12 step program.

Yup, a large number of homeless men and women do need medical and psychological care. What htye don't need is someone telling them that they're "noble savages" and aren't really poor.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Convicted

One of my favorite rappers is Immortal Technique. He has this piece, called "The 3rd World":

I bring this up because there's a line in it you can learn from:

And they might even have a black president but he's useless, Cause he does not control the economy stupid!

SM2

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
so, following your logic here, seeing as though the gop is stifling the economic recovery, due to their opposition to the glorious leader, you would also be saying that the dems were creating economic recovery through their policies right? So, Obamacare is creating a positive impact on the economy and helping this working class? I see it as only helping the insurance companies, individuals and organizations that contributed to his campaign while taking a blow at the middle class and working class. The proposed cap and trade that thankfully was killed would have benefited the working class how? By skyrocketing energy prices? thats really gonna help joe sixpack? I am in the middle class, and if my electric bill skyrocketed (As obama promised it would) it would have put my family in a very tight bind. It was estimated that our area would have been hit with double, possibly triple the average utility bill. So, tell me, who can afford $600-1000 per month just for electricity? All the stimulous money that went to donors to his campaign? Yeah thats helping me. Millions given to solyanda or whatever the company was, yup, that helped the middle class. Oh, yeah, i forgot, raising my taxes is also going to help me, yup, sure is. I know that having more of my money stolen from me is going to equal a better life for me. If nothing else it should leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling because I helped support all those people sitting on their fat posteriors popping out kids and watching jerry springer.

Now, do not take this as a wholesale support of the GOP, they are lack wits as well, but the dems have completely lost their minds and think that they can replace common sense with rainbows and lollipops and so far it seems they were right. People are still blind to the utter stupidity of the democrat's agenda. So i guess Obama will win relection, it all still b e Bush's fault ( some of it was, some of it was Obama just not being man enough to own up to) and this division will continue

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have found a pdf file of everyone that signed the Norquist pledge.
Yes Ron Paul signed it. Just incase you did not know that.
I will try to post it here, but it is very large and may not be allowed so here is the link also.

source-Norquist Pledge Signers

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You need transportation and a means of contact to be employed. Thus you need a car (especially if you're in one of the many, many areas where public transit has been axed) and you need a phone; and if you're going all over town putting in applications for work, you can't be sitting at home waiting for your phone-in-a-jack to go off.

Thats why god gave you feet, friends with cars, taxis, busses, a thumb, etc... How do you think people got to work before there were cars and phones?

Yes, cable TV is a luxury. But - this may surprise you - but being poor doesn't mean you have to divorce yourself from humanity. You're allowed to buy books, watch TV, listen to music, that sort of thing. Again, the "you have a refrigerator so you're not poor!" is a false argument by the sociopath sector of society, who apparently expect poor people to be living in holes in the ground, spending 72 hours a week at work, and using personal time only to sleep or eat flour paste, or whatever.

If you can afford those things then you arent poor. I am not saying people dont deserve things, just dont claim you are poor when you can afford them.

Poverty in America is an inability to pay off the electricity bill. it's sending your kids to school hungry, or in dirty clothes. It's trying to decide between gas for the car and gas for the heater.

If you send your kids to school hungry or in dirty clothes its your own fault. If you were legitimately unable to afford those things you would be on welfare and food stamps. You can wash clothes in a sink with some dish soap. If you kid goes to school hungry its because you were too lazy to get up and make them something or spent your money on something you needed less than food.

Wow. I'm not sure what's dumber; the claim you're making, or the fact you actually seem to believe it. I say we put your theory to the test. Let's take a big chunk of that public money going to AIG, and turn it into housing for the homeless. Three years, rent and utility paid. Give 'em the opportunity for a stable address. if these people don't take up the offer, then you can feel vindicated and we'll sell these houses on the market. Sound good? Yup, a large number of homeless men and women do need medical and psychological care. What htye don't need is someone telling them that they're "noble savages" and aren't really poor.

I never said homeless people werent poor. I said there is a reason for their problems that isnt being addressed by the government and in many cases cannot be addressed by the government because of their mental illness or addiction. If I give you food stamps and you trade them for crack and then you are hungry, it was due to your addiction not because society didnt try.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SM2

Actually, no one on this thread has said that the Democratic plan is perfect (or even good, honestly). But it's at least something. A bandaid on a gut wound isn't very helpful, but it's slightly better than absolutely nothing.

I can't help but wonder what the plans would look like if they didn't have to wheedle favors from a party determined to see this country crash and burn like a Pinto.

Ah well.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

A bandaid on a gut wound is just a waste of money just like Obamas "Pass My Bill Now!" jobs plan. See a bandaid on a gut wound is a waste of money because the patient still bleeds to death and you could have used that bandaid on someone who could have actually been saved by it.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Convicted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ahhh Excuse Me....

Derailing my thread with an argument on the definition of poor is not good manners.

This thread is about the article I posted, please reread and then please stay on topic.

Thank you.

edit on 10-10-2011 by MissPoovey because: spelling, and please excuse my poor grammar.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
By the way, OP, the Republicans arent determined to stuff the recovery they are determined to keep Obama from jacking the deficit higher and higher using the same exact kind of stimulus that failed, underperformed, and overpspent in the first place.

I really doubt that hiring/saving more government workers is going to help the debt/deficit since their jobs are net loosers as far as revenue for the government. See government workers are an expense. Private workers are an asset.

Beyond that his jobs bill is little more than to appease the unions at taxpayers expense. Infrastructure projects are all union jobs, teachers - unions, fireman - unions, policeman - unions.

If teachers, firefighters, and police really cared about more jobs for their fellow workers then they would agree to concessions on their benefits, retirement, and healthcare that are unsustainable and makes it to expensive to keep many of them working.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Thats why god gave you feet, friends with cars, taxis, busses, a thumb, etc... How do you think people got to work before there were cars and phones?

Most people back then worked substantially closer to home - sometimes home and work were the same place.

Really, you're suggesting that poor people take taxis?

If you can afford those things then you arent poor. I am not saying people dont deserve things, just dont claim you are poor when you can afford them.

Thing is, they often can't afford them. Sure, it's irresponsible. But, sad fact is, if you're in a such a state where you can't really afford a cable bill, then saving that money isn't going to be your key to success, either.

Of course, that "responsibility" thing is a canard as well. Again, people are human. They screw up and make mistakes. This is a fact at all levels of income. I know I'm not perfect, and I'm certain you're not, either. Human mistakes are no reason to say "tough #, suffer!"

Unless, I guess, you're a sociopath...

If you send your kids to school hungry or in dirty clothes its your own fault. If you were legitimately unable to afford those things you would be on welfare and food stamps.

Oh, so do you support such government assitanvce for the needy? I have to admit surprise at this notion... Oh wait, you're arguing therearen't any such needy people in the first place... Are you just making up your position as you go along?

You can wash clothes in a sink with some dish soap.

Perfectly aware. Really, as I told you.. .you're not giving me any education here, chief. If anything, it's going the other way.

If you kid goes to school hungry its because you were too lazy to get up and make them something or spent your money on something you needed less than food.

Actually water and heating are higher-priority than food for most people's balances. After all, your hungry kid can at least get lunch at school, but it's no good if he's coming home to freezing temperatures, right? Again, I've actually been there (as the kid, not the parent)

I never said homeless people werent poor.

Actually you said that there were no poor in America at all.

I said there is a reason for their problems that isnt being addressed by the government and in many cases cannot be addressed by the government because of their mental illness or addiction. If I give you food stamps and you trade them for crack and then you are hungry, it was due to your addiction not because society didnt try.

Ahhhh, you're one of those people who believe addiction is nothing more than a moral frailty rather than a disease? Well, hot damn, someone call the AMA and clue them in!

Yeah, people on the street have a lot of problems. And living on the street is actually a major CAUSE of those problems. I suppose it's easy enough for you to sniff and state that you'd NEVER fall to such things, since you've clearly never been there, and imagine you never will. But let me tell you, a lot of these people? They didn't start that way. Seriously, YOU live in a box for a few months and then tell me if you'd drop a fiver on a bottle of MD 20/20.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

By the way, OP, the Republicans arent determined to stuff the recovery they are determined to keep Obama from jacking the deficit higher and higher using the same exact kind of stimulus that failed, underperformed, and overpspent in the first place.

Ofcourse in the original article it is noted that the tax cuts for the 'over a million' crowd was not paid for and still hasn't been paid for.
Obama did try to take the cuts back and the republicans would not allow it. By holding the spending limit hostage at the time.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
it's treason. It hit me like a ton of bricks during the debt ceiling fiasco that they were hell bent on stalling the economy to win the white house

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join