It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street: Speakers Corner LIVE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The LIVE Feed and chat:

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Must be nice to stand around all day and protest and chat with friends.

I wouldnt know.

I actually work for a living .

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

Yea, your way better than any of those people.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

Must be nice to stand around all day and protest and chat with friends.

I wouldnt know.

I actually work for a living .

How long have you been working at this job? In what line of business? How many consecutive years have you worked since you were in High School? Have you started a family?

When you take your next 15 minute break get at us...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You come to this thread just to post a snide comment!

Good for you!

I have a job too, much like everyone else in the world that is lucky enough not to be laid off right now. Won't keep me from joining them this weekend in my free time.

So they are protesting and chatting, whats wrong with that?

You mad bro?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Can't post anything about the OWS movement without someone immediately having something negative to say about it. Lol pretty sad really. Everyone get's on ATS to piss and moan about how they wish things would change and when people start to actually try to change a few things what do we do??? Piss and moan lol this isn't a site for truth seekers. It's a site to piss and moan all over...

Edit to add:

Sorry OP thanks for the post. Hopefully this will be another window into what's actually going on down there.
edit on 10/10/2011 by nathanscottecho because: Forgot to mention op

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

UHH just in case you didn't realize what the whole point off the "Occupy Wall Street" rallies, the majority of these people can't find or get a job. So it must be nice to be you with a steady job ...

Don't judge unless you can honestly say that you've gone through any long period of time without work. I've been unemployed for 6 months and have handed out more resumes, as well as filled out numerous applications, then I can even even keep track of, yet I've had 2 interviews. It's not for our lack of trying that they/we don't have jobs, believe me.
Maybe you should check out the "wearethe99percent" website to get a better understanding of what's REALLY going on there insted of jumping to the ignorant conclusion that these people are just lazy...

wearethe99percent.tumblr.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

For the record, I think it's great that they've opened up Speaker's Corner for the OWS 'protesters'...

The more outlets encouraging free speech, the better!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathanscottecho
Can't post anything about the OWS movement without someone immediately having something negative to say about it. Lol pretty sad really. Everyone get's on ATS to piss and moan about how they wish things would change and when people start to actually try to change a few things what do we do??? Piss and moan lol this isn't a site for truth seekers. It's a site to piss and moan all over...

Edit to add:

Sorry OP thanks for the post. Hopefully this will be another window into what's actually going on down there.
edit on 10/10/2011 by nathanscottecho because: Forgot to mention op

It should be... What you're referring to is either a knee-jerk reaction or lock down mode in the mind. There are those who get stuck and lash out immediately. There are those who aren't stuck (set in their ways), and get confused by conceptualizing in general. Then there is the issue of time...

When, if ever, have you been able to devote enough time to think things through completely? Life is short, so trusting another person to represent your values and mindset will continue to be alarming within our current paradigm... Politicians dress the part, but they're unwilling, unable, or aren't motivated enough to land the knock-out punch. Perhaps they weren't offered enough money in your corner of the ring to begin with... Who knows.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

CNBC Speaker's Corner, Zuccotti Park, NYC

A few updates...

top topics

join