It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Islamic advice! Want to experiance Mosque Service

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am at a phase in my life where I believe the next spiritual research should be Islam. As, as such, I am on SUra 3 in the Koran. I am feeling more and more confident about the next journey in my spiritual exploration. What I have been doing spirituality is opening a direct dialogue with anyone who I walk into. Not at all talking, (talking can make the mouth run like ass) but watching and listening like a samurai.

I am in need of advice about the way I should begin this. I am unsure on how I would present myself. Many Muslims do feel isolated due to many issues happening within America lately. I even went as far as calling a Mosque, no welcoming greeting, only a "beep" followed by silence for recording to the machine. I can honestly say that this will be very different from my comfort zone. Been to buddhist, Synagogue, many denominational christian churches, Occultist, satanist,Essene, etc, etc.

I am as white bread as it comes. Somewhat street-wise. But I am irish, that being said, I really do not know if I will be welcomed in or become an isolated observer

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
actually go into a mosque and speak to the imam(sp) so that you can have a good conversation and find out if you do want to follow the faith and it may be a bit painful if you waint already had the necessary done

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I agree. Just go visit a mosque. Perhaps it would be best if you visited at some other time than when there is a worship service occuring. You might very well do or say something that is not acceptable, being ignorant of the rites and cermonies and such things.

I've never met a Muslim who was unwilling to talk about Islam if I wanted to discuss. Well, lots of times where I live, Muslim women won't speak to an unknown man. I was talking about other men, who happen to be Muslim, who are quite willing and happy to discuss their religion and beliefs.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I strongly oppose religion HOWEVER
I was in a Mosque a few times and they're very friendly people usually that will make you feel at home straight away.

If it doesn't feel good just go and see the next one. Sure you find some place you'll like.

Good luck but remember that if there's a God he doesn't need books, it's inside what's counts

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I did the synagogue jiggy and that was a nice experiance. I wonder when I should go to the Imam, isn't service on friday between 4-6? Thought so. at anyrate it should be interesting. I am very excited

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I would probably just try to go any weekday and see if someone is there, depending on the kind of Mosque you want to go to maybe there's an intimate atmosphere on Friday and you might feel intimidated. Whereas you would go a different day I think usually someone would be there who you can talk with and ask for advice.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I've just gone into a mosque and sat during prayer to observe, talked and listened to the imam. It's not a big deal. Explain what your doing, that you want to learn from them instead of what you hear or read, believe me, they will embrace you with open arms. And im not a muslim either. REMEMBER TO TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES thats really it
edit on 10-10-2011 by Snorkelbacon because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2011 by Snorkelbacon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I AM, your friend

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
peace

I'm a muslim, and I'll tell you that the best thing to do is attend a masjid around prayer time, and just stand in the back and observe. When the prayer is finished, there is a 90% chance you will be approached by an elder gentleman willing to answer all of your questions, give you some reading material, and give you a smile.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Can I suggest that since you have 'tried' so many religions, that religion is not for you. Just be youself, if you know right from wrong and live by the right, then no human on earth preaching from a book can teach you better than that you already know.

edit on 10/10/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent

Can I suggest that since you have 'tried' so many religions, that religion is not for you. Just be youself, if you know right from wrong and live by the right, then no human on earth preaching from a book can teach you better than that you already know.

edit on 10/10/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

It is not like that brah. Religion has great purpose!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hey Dude,

Ive been to a Mosque prayer service before and was allowed to pray with them, like any religion they were happy to talk and discuss their beliefs and were very welcoming.
I personally found it a bit disturbing all the bowing and scraping as I dont believe thats what god requires from us or even wants.
Like you religion fascinates me and Ive also been to services of many other religions and I wish you luck on your path.

P.s dont forget to cover yourself from shoulder to ankle, its considered rude to wear shorts or tshirts in a mosque and ideally you should have at least 2 layers of clothing from your waist to knees

new topics

top topics

join