It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former bass player for Weezer predicts his own death?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hello All,

Hope this is in the right place, I just read it on CNN and thought some here may be interested?

On September 26th the former bass player for the band Weezer tweeted through his twitter account:

"dreamt i died in chicago next weekend (heart attack in my sleep). need to write my will today."

then followed it up with this correction:

"@JVittitow correction - the weekend after next"

He was found dead in his hotel in Chicago on Saturday October 8th (two weekends after the tweets) where he was in town to see his former band perform. Creepy! Did he predict his death? Is it just a very strange coincidence? The article said no cause of death was determined but didn't mention that it could have been a suicide.

here is the story on CNN

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeykillingmonkey

Mentioning that It could have been a suicide, means that SOMETHING leads them to believe so.
Maybe he was forewarning people, rather than predicting.

Now if they end up saying he died from a heart attack in his sleep. Yeah that would be crazy.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Now if they end up saying he died from a heart attack in his sleep. Yeah that would be crazy.

According to the Daily mail here in the UK:

There is no official word on cause of death yet, but police are said to suspect the involvement of narcotics.
(Sou rce)

If it turns out he did die like he said he would then I agree, it would be pretty weird. Just have to wait and see I guess..

Either way this is very sad news, I really liked this band too.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
He was better at predicting things than anyone here on ATS...

But seriously RIP dude.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeykillingmonkey

Sounds like a self fulfilling prophecy...that is if indeed turns out to be from a drug overdose as the police suspect. Though if they do the autopsy and there is nothing in his system....then strange indeed.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I also like the band a lot! They will go on, just not with the original members.
Sucks when this kind of thing happens to awesome bands!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
He killed himself. He originally left the group in 2001 because he had a mental breakdown. I'm sure those problems persisted.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Check out the first thread on this topic.

Did Mikey Welsh of Weezer predict his own untimely death?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Sorry did a search but didn't find that other thread.

And yeah the article I read didn't mention suicide, but that can't be ruled out. If narcotics are invovled it will be interesting to see if there is evidence that it was an intentional overdose or not?

top topics

join