It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous to attack NYSE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So I was listening to the radio while I was driving home from work this afternoon, XRock103.9 to be specific, and ABC news came on. The first thing that the news anchor talked about was Occupy Wall Street, this intrigued me to turn up the radio, she then stated that the hacker group Anonymous is the latest group to join the protest....I was thinking, "oh do tell", anyway to the point of this thread.
She states that Anonymous allegedly threatened to take down the NYSE, now I know there is already a thread about this but, I thought this threat was a Hoax. I just hope that Anon fully understands all of the repercussions that could stem from such a threat if this is legitimate.
Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JaqueFresco

My theory is that anonymous is like al cia da and has been put into play by the powers that be to issue threats in order for government to crack down on the internet and put a kill switch in. Just my theory on this matter.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

That could definitely be a possibility, I would not put it past TPTB to do such a thing. On the other hand I hope that is not true because I do like Anon, there videos give me an itch to do something bad.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Um there are already multiple threads about this. Why not just post your thoughts there?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10/10/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

AHA!!! I felt the same way when I watched those videos. Now the question one must ask himself is if anonymous was a group of light and wisdom, why would their videos make you want to do something bad? The people of light and of the most holy would never incite people to bad works. Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

Is that you in your Avatar?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well Lucidity, If that is your real name, I wanted to make a new thread, so I did.
I appreciate your concern though.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

yes

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Mod feel free to close this thread, I'll use the search next time.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Why do you want to know?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
When i first saw the first Anon thread, i thought 'wait & see' since the real Anonymous are a little more subtle than that.
When i got home last night, i searched the internet for any news of this 'attack' but found nothing.
So it didn't happen?
I expected as much.
Since the original 'Anonymous' video's went viral some months ago, there have been hundreds of copycats, jumping on the bandwgon, demanding all kinds of sh*t and issuing threats.
I was afraid this would happen, and so did many other astute minds on ATS (i say that with a small touch of pride, there really ARE some sharp minds here).
I see Anonymous as the 'cyber terror' division of the Zeitgeist movement

I know, non violent approach etc, i agree, but i think people will just let their emotions take over, it will probably get ugly.....
We, the people, are addicted to our internet. We need it. Don't let them dare shut it down, don't give them a good reason to do so. Keep it real folks.
In any case, a 'backup internet' already exists, in the form of old-fashioned BBS telephone links, and you can even use short-wave radio if the phones are out-the germans have been doing this for years

edit on 11-10-2011 by playswithmachines because: Keyboard terminally ill...

top topics

join