It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The three components of human existence.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Body, mind, and spirit.

Physical, mental, emotional.

The way we experience the physical universe is based entirely on the intensity of our mental and emotional selves. I say mental and emotional selves, because there is a mental body and an emotional body which are connected to your physical body.

The physical body operates within the physical universe and has to abide by physical laws.

The mental body is most accurately represented as your dream self. The mental body is the stuff of thoughts. Imagination is the only limit with the mental body.

The emotional body is what is commonly referred to as the soul. The emotional body is what has its connection to God. The emotional body is also the connecting agent between you and everything in your awareness.

Actually, all of these bodies are one body. The way you experience them depends on your state of awareness. In the waking state, you are experiencing your physical, mental, and emotional bodies, but usually with a high concentration on the physical aspects of those bodies. In the sleeping state, you are experiencing mostly your mental and emotional bodies, and you are for all intents and purposes, cut off from the experience of your physical body, although it does play a role in perpetuating your mental experience and emotional experience.

The experience of the emotional body comes when there is a balance between the physical and mental bodies. This is what is most commonly referred to as truth. You are mentally in tune with your physical surroundings. Your emotional body will present itself to you in a most glorious fashion, and you will find yourself in tune and connected with everything that you observe.

The experience of the emotional body I guess can either be an experience of heaven or hell depending on the circumstances. But if the emotional body is experienced without fear, then you will experience divine joy and connection with what you might call God.

The physical, mental, and emotional components of human existence each have their own form of existence that make up one experience for you. The main point is that any one of these bodies can be experienced as your main body. I think that when you die, you will fully focus on your emotional body while maintaining a connection to all of your physical bodies that you have ever had or ever will have as well as your mental bodies.

As in the physical experience where the emotional body is the less pronounced, and the physical the most, it will be the inverse in the emotional body experience. Things will be viewed from the perspective of your soul. I would imagine that you would have to have a physical component to the emotional body so I believe that since your physical body from your previous life is actually dead, you will have a connection to every physical incarnation you have ever had and ever will have. I don't know about the mental body's function in the emotional realm. I can speculate that in the emotional realm, it carries out more emotional interpretations of all of your experiences.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
With the emotional mind, the true-heart seeks equanimity. The true-heart is one with no cravings, nor any aversions. Just being, an empty vase, cleansed & to be filled with equanimity.

The physical body is composed of yin & yang energy. spirtual, physical, cold & hot. Long ago now, man use to have these energies in a perfect balance within him. When the seeding lifeforce is full within him, he will desire sex no more, when the yang energy is full, he will drink & eat no more, & when the harmonious balance has been cultivated, he will sleep no more.

yes there is a physical body, a mental body, & an emotional body. There are also more states of bodies as well. As with most knowledge, this is only the head of a needle.

Good words

Edit To Add: Equanimity is Love. Love is Acceptance.
edit on 10-10-2011 by survival because: how i see love

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Interesting, thank you for posting. It makes good sense.
edit on 10/10/2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Where do these teachings come from?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdc5ff
Where do these teachings come from?

Mostly experience.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Star.
I enjoyed the first half of the OP up until this point;

"The experience of the emotional body comes when there is a balance between the physical and mental bodies."

The emotional/spiritual self transcends balance. It is manifest during balance, imbalance, excess, depravity, good, bad, pleasant, unpleasant, and neutral.

"I think that when you die....."

Many theological, philosophical, metaphysical, and scientific theories exist about death and the hereafter. During my spiritual path and practices, the most significant hinderances for me have been preconceptions, expectations, and that belief when you know something. I guess we can sum this up as attachments to understandings. Perhaps... not only must we conquer the fear of death, but we must also liberate from what to expect at and after death... to die in the 'now' and only observe-experience dying. Quite possibly, death may be the last chance/test we have to surrender into enlightenment.

edit on 10/10/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I have always been puzzled in the Gospels by the commandment "love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, mind, strength". I assume the Greek words are very precise, but I've never been able to find a very good definition of "heart".

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I have always been puzzled in the Gospels by the commandment "love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, mind, strength". I assume the Greek words are very precise, but I've never been able to find a very good definition of "heart".

The heart and soul are one thing where heart is being used symbolically.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

You may be right. The physical, mental and emotional bodies all depend on each other to exist and any of them can be discerned as the true self. So you can associate with you physical, mental, or emotional body, however, you must have all three.

I would surely say that a balance of all three would constitute a full human being where the human is living the ultimate reality that he/she can live.

It is hard for us to inhabit our emotional bodies, but when you do, you know that you are with the divine. It is rare for most people. That is not to say we don't feel emotions. The presence of the body is what allows us to feel emotions just like the presence of the mental body allows us to think. Its just that we don't believe we have an emotional body or "soul" so we keep thinking that emotions are insignificant electrical activities in the brain. While true, the emotional body does interact with the physical body as electrical brain activity, that does not constitute its totality.

The emotional body is beyond conventional accepted physical reality. The mental body is this way too, but it is also minimized as being mere insignificant dreams that are just a weird byproduct of physical existence.

If you've ever had a lucid dream, you have consciously participated in the mental body's activities. If you've ever felt like heaven was on earth, then that was probably and experience of the emotional body. During the physical incarnation though, the emotional body cannot manifest itself as a reference to itself. It has to maintain the physical body as a reference, so you don't have a true emotional body experience. After the physical incarnation, you head down a tunnel towards your emotional body, and your emotional body becomes the reference. You can experience the physical incarnation (outside of time), but you maintain a reference of the emotional body.

Life after death is a reality. I have no proof for any of this. Use your own judgement.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I had my own similar theory a couple of years ago. It assumes that the "heart, soul, mind, strength" from the Gospels are significant concepts and not redundant or overlapping ideas.

The strength is the part that interfaces with physical things (sense and act)
The soul is the part that inferfaces with spiritual things (sense and act)
The mind is the part that looks for patterns in the data from physical and spiritual interfaces.
The heart is the part that takes actions based on the minds concepts (connected with faith).
A person's faith in the mind's concepts grows or shrinks based on results of these actions.
(Think of "take heart" or "that race horse has heart".)

The mind and heart are the key part of us that could exist in any environment assuming it has a body with the appropriate interfaces.

That's my theory, and I think it is slightly different from yours but it makes more sense to me.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Think about this:

We are experiencing the emotional body right now, but from a physical body reference.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Think about this:

We are experiencing the emotional body right now, but from a physical body reference.

Your title doesn't fit the subject matter correctly.

"The three components of human existence"

Instead of existence, it should say experience because that's what you're really talking about, experience not existence.

Existence is purely Physical, kNot mental or emotional, but Experience is mental and emotional and the physical plays an important roll in both.
Even in our dream state, the physical plays a roll. Ever wake up from a bad dream, sweating? Or wake up from an erotic dream, horny?
Have you ever wondered if your conscious or subconscious horniness plays a roll in your dreams?
Or your conscious or subconscious fears play a roll in your nightmares?

The physical controls the mental as well as emotional realms of Experience, even the subconscious, and the mental and emotional portions also control the physical. Laugh and you feel better, frown and you feel bad, so is it the physcial laugh or frown that makes the experience what it is or the other way around or both and/or neither?

Remember the Law of Existence:

"That which exists, exists but that which does not exist, does not."

Your mental and emotional parts of Experience dew not exist! They are a figment of your imagination, but the physical is Real.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

All of that might be your opinion, but my thread is suggesting that each body can be experienced as the primary existence. Of course thoughts and emotions depend on the physical, but the physical also depends on thoughts and emotions.

There are 3 bodies (according to my thread). Each body depends on the others and each body can be the primary existence. The physical body is the body you are most acquainted with. The mental body is what you experience and exist as during dreams. The emotional body is what you experience and exist as when you die.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

All of that might be your opinion, but my thread is suggesting that each body can be experienced as the primary existence. Of course thoughts and emotions depend on the physical, but the physical also depends on thoughts and emotions.

There are 3 bodies (according to my thread). Each body depends on the others and each body can be the primary existence. The physical body is the body you are most acquainted with. The mental body is what you experience and exist as during dreams. The emotional body is what you experience and exist as when you die.

What if true existence isn't this thing you call life? Then what happens to your theory?

What if there is more to life than this thing you call life?

Your theory of existence is solely based on this thing you call life so if this isn't true life, your theory fails.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The ancients had a tripartite model of the constitution of man...

Body - that which you feed, bathe and moves you around 3D space.

Soul - conscious, rational, emotional self.

Spirit - that which connects us non-locally to each other and the divine.

...we moderns (both secular and religious) have collapsed the concept of soul and spirit...
...in effect we deny spirit and divide 'soul'.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yeah that's a possibility, but my theory doesn't fall, it just gets added on to.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

That's pretty much what I'm saying, except I believe it is our emotional self that connects us to each other and God. I don't see a difference between soul and spirit.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yeah that's a possibility, but my theory doesn't fall, it just gets added on to.

What if this thing you call Life is a Game WE play to answer a Question?

What if you were a "sanctioned" conscious being with full access to the ENTIRE knowledge of the Universe and what if the Universe is Perfect Order, thus, Chaos does not exist, how would you understand Chaos?

It's like I said to a friend of mine, if all you dew is run to the Light, how will you ever understand your Shadow? Until you stop running to the Light and turn around to chase your Shadow instead, you will never understand the Light because to understand the Light, you must first understand your Shadow (aka: catch your shadow) and once you understand your shadow, the Light will catch you.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

reply to post by troubleshooter

That's pretty much what I'm saying, except I believe it is our emotional self that connects us to each other and God. I don't see a difference between soul and spirit.

I like what someone else said about the difference bewtween a Soul and Spirit.

Soul = physical entity that gives us life.

Spirit = connection to Source.

That's kNot a bad way to look at it and I cannot prove it wrong.

Ribbit

new topics

top topics

join